Xander Blaze's Villain Application

haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Xander Blaze's Villain Application

General Questions

MC Name: haveyouseenmyhat
Character Name: Xander Blaze (or, his "alter ego", Steven Xavier)
Character's Age: 22

Character Alignment: Lawful Evil
Why do you believe you are such alignment?
Xander has always been selfish, for the most part. He does what is best for himself, often at the expense of others. However, as a high-ranking Pix Co. employee, he must go through the motions and follow the rules in order to keep his power. He also prefers not to make quick enemies, as he finds any ally useful in some way, even for just a small amount of time.

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?
Yes, I have read and are familiar with them.

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:
Xander plans on committing Evils #3 and #4, mostly #4. Corruption is often the first word associated with the name "Xander Blaze", just like Connor White before him. He uses his position of power to achieve any ends he wishes, sometimes for Pix Co., other times for selfish gain. Evil #3 is titled as "Chaos/Deception/Conning", and involves public unrest, riots, and the like. Xander has no interest in starting a civilian uprising, however he is an expert at molding people to his will, especially when they have gathered in a large crowd.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?: Xander is one of those villains whose morality is actually grayer than one could assume based on his reputation. However, he is very motivated by selfish reasons, and is prepared to remove any obstacles in his way, no matter what or who they might be.
Why do you as a player wish to play a villain? As a GM, I feel responsible for setting a standard of RP crime and villainy in TL, especially since I myself am a victim of non-RP-ed theft. Also, my character Xander has been quite the baddie for a while now, so it only seems fitting that I make it official, as well as set an example for future VA's.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)
This biography will focus on Xander's arrival and exploits in Toro, and how he developed into a total corporate scumbag. ~

Power. Power changes a person. Sometimes for better, but usually for worse.
Xander Blaze arrived in Toro in Spring of the year 1000 with his sister Kaitlyn. Soon after their arrival, the two of them both landed jobs working at Pix Co. for the Toro Times: Kaitlyn as a reporter, with Xander as the photographer for her stories. About a week into their job, it came to Xander's attention that there was some corruption afoot, involving a Mr. Connor White, the Chief Operating Officer of Pix Co. Xander, being a very resourceful, persuasive, and ambitious individual, decided he would be the one to uncover this corruption, in the name of the people.
Xander was able to confront White and his associates several times, mostly by being able to say that he worked for the Toro Times. In a dramatic turn of events, he chased down White and his goon (named Ceagle) and corner them in a mountain cave. He even managed to talk his way into a deal with White, agreeing to end this pursuit and prevent Officer Swanson from arresting him, threatening to blackmail him otherwise with photographic proof of the crimes perpetrated by White and his goons. As expected, White decided to agree to Xander's deal, and return to Aurelia quietly. Unfortunately, on the way, White suffered an injury that led to amnesia. Xander finally gave up on his "pursuit for truth", furious that it had ended with nothing gained.
Some time later, however, White was up to his old schemes, and Xander was right back where he left off. Frustrated and impressed by Xander's persistence and powers of persuasion, he decided to give Xander a promotion of sorts; Xander would be the new Head of Public Relations at Pix Co. Xander took this position in stride, now having a full taste of corporate influence. He could feel the crowd's undying approval as he gave speeches at events, preaching the goodness of Pix Co. to the people. It was here that Xander started to become addicted to such power.
During his time as Head of PR, Xander met the young, headstrong Marie Ferrous. She had been assigned as his assistant by Mr. White, and became the closest thing Xander had to a true friend. They worked together, talked about their lives, and were there for each other in their times of crisis.
After some time, Mr. White suddenly disappeared. To this day no one knows where he went. But one thing that is known however, is the identity of the one who would take his place.
It was a very boring day indeed for Xander, until Mrs. W demanded he be present in her office to discuss an important matter. After much deliberation, she had decided to promote Xander to the position of COO in Mr. White's absence. Xander could hardly keep his cool; "I've won," he thought to himself. Just around that time, however, Marie had quit Pix Co. altogether, never returning to that "dreadful place". Xander regretted losing a friend, but in a way, it made things much easier for him.
And being in charge was easy, for quite a while. That is, until the Thovian incident. Thovian was a young man in his late teens, who seemed to have created an entire, illegal, underground system within Toro. Once Thovian's personal accumulation of wealth and resources was made known, Xander decided that he would try to manipulate Thovian in order to recover Pix Co.'s lost wealth and, by extension, his own.
It was when Xander paid a visit to Thovian's residence that things turned sour. In the heat of an argument over property and personal morals, Thovian struck Xander with an axe, nearly killing him. Thankfully, Carol Blue and Randal Cedar were able to help Xander to recover from his wounds. It was in these moments, however, that Xander hatched an idea. Not a plan, as this idea would require quite a bit of dumb luck, something Xander had never quite trusted.
He would fake his own death.
With help from Detective Swanson (with whom Xander had become enamored around this time) and Carol, Xander fled from Toro, and allowed news to spread of his untimely death at Thovian's hands. His idea was to return to the city a few days later, as a completely new person, whom no one could recognize. He bleached his hair and adopted the name "Steven Xavier." He then sought a job as a deputy under Detective Swanson, in order to retaliate against Thovian through the legal system. Unfortunately for Xa- ...Steven, Thovian escaped from police custody and made his way to the bog, meeting his not-so-untimely death at the mercy of poisonous vapor.
Steven kept up his charade for some time, as it would raise quite a bit of suspicion if Xander were to "rise from the dead" so soon after Thovian's death. This charade included renting a completely new home, working for Detective Swanson, and even dating his former assistant, Marie, who soon became the new mayor of Aurelia.

One fateful day, Steven Xavier walked into Mrs. W's office. But when he spoke, Mrs. W heard a very familiar voice, that she had never thought she would hear again.

Xander was back.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?
Xander is willing to do anything that comes short of an actual crime against another person. Committing a true crime would tarnish his reputation and destroy everything he's worked for. Furthermore, he feels murder and assault are completely unnecessary solutions to any problem, especially since his own words are stronger than his fists.

What are some notable strengths of your character?
Xander is sly, clever, and silver-tongued. He could talk his way out of prison if he had to, and probably convince the warden it was his idea on the way out. He is capable of thinking three steps ahead of his enemies, in order to cut off any escape they may have. He is also backed by Pix Co., so his official reputation and his access to wealth serve as powerful assets.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?
Xander is not one to pick a fight, in fact, he often will back down from a direct confrontation. He also is a very emotional person deep down, so if a person can get under his skin, it's going to hurt for quite a while. Also, his high-ranking position actually works against him, as he is unable to take any severe action that would hurt his reputation.
Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?
Xander is very loyal ...until the person in question has finished serving their purpose. He has no qualms about leaving someone who trusted him in the dust.

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large man you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
I feign a smile, trying to remain calm and ignore the frighteningly large man at his doorstep. "My rent? I'm sure I've paid it already." I feel my composure fading a bit as the woman continues to harass me, and I notice the bodyguard-type cracking his knuckles. Not wanting to fight, I decide to give in, and stop trying to manipulate these people further. I retrieve some spare cash from my bedroom; I have ample, since my Pix Co. salary is quite high. I give them the rent money and shut the door in their faces, still bearing a convincingly fake grin. "Have a nice day," I add with a touch of sarcasm.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
I look around for a few moments, to see if anyone is paying attention, and then discreetly pull my own chair up to their table. I notice they start to act hostile towards me, so I quickly and quietly say, "Unless you want to draw attention to yourselves, I suggest you listen to what I have to say." [If the two remain hostile, I step away, apologizing for the intrusion. I'm not wasting any more time with them.] I tell them I may have what they need. "If it's another person you need, I'm up for anything." [If my identity is known by the individuals, I assure them that my standing at Pix Co will be of no trouble to this "operation" that they may be planning.] I proceed to tell them of my diverse skill set [lying if necessary, to try to impress them]. Hopefully I have convinced them to let me join in on their schemes. At which point I would have no reason -not- to report them to the police, while keeping their information about the heist in mind for future reference.

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
I don a mask of genuine concern as I approach the elderly woman, deciding as quickly as I can on a course of action. I'm not a cruel person, I decide, and help the woman to her feet. I watch as she gathers her poor, fainted Pixelmon. ["How can I ever repay you?" She will likely respond.] I assure her that it isn't necessary to repay me, she frankly needed my help. And to help her even further, I offer to bring her to the hospital myself, to make sure she is completely alright. At the very least, I'll hopefully get some good publicity out of this less-than-efficient use of my time.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
I can feel my face burning with anger. Team Noir, victimizing -my- citizens? They should be punished. I reach for the Pixelball containing my trusted companion Gengar, and pull it off my belt, approaching the two goons as menacingly as I possibly can. I speak loudly enough that the people down in the hole can hear that I, Xander, am the one who will save them. "You there! Just what do you think you're doing? If you don't get those people out of there right now, I'll knock you into next season!" [At this point, the Grunts either flee or fight. If the Grunts flee, I help the people out of the pit trap and are hailed as their hero ~] As the Grunts approach me, ready for a fight, I suddenly put the Pixelball back on my belt. "Ha! Only kidding." [Being Grunts, hopefully these two would be easy to manipulate.] They are taken aback by my sudden reversal of intentions, and I add, "I don't know why you're bothering with those two, I'm the one you really want." [I envision this scenario continuing as the Grunts letting the people go free, and taking me hostage in exchange. It would be at this point that I fight back against the Noir Grunts, and gain more respect from the people I "saved".]

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
I laugh to myself. This brat should learn a lesson or two. I follow him, as stealthily as possible. When the moment is right, [if I haven't been discovered by then] I nonchalantly bump into him, almost knocking him over. "You know, kid, you should watch where you're going. You could hurt yourself." [Presumably, the kid would storm off at this point, instead of argue with the guy he just stole from.] I turn and walk the opposite direction, holding my reclaimed wallet snug in my pocket. I chuckle a bit as I wonder how long it will take the boy to realize he's not so smart after all.

Thank you for reading my application~ -Hat
TheRickCroese
MC name: TheRickCroese

Re: Xander Blaze's Villain Application

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC? I know him IC as my boss.
Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules? I'm sure he will, he knows what to do and is very strict with it.
Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP? Never, he stays at all time in his character.
Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win? I think he would. He does know how to talk himself out of most of these situations, but nothing is success guaranteed.
Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone? Yeah! I think he is absolutely awesome with it. I mean, he is the head of the Event Actors.
Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones? It absolutely fits his character. As he said, he is not committing serious crimes, but he will do 3 and 4.
Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant. I have not taken a screenshot (yet).

Other things: Hat, your acting skills are beyond my belief. I never thought anyone was so good at creating a this amazing story. It chilled me down to the bone.
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?

I know haveyouseenmyhat in both. My character knows Xander Blaze and I work with Hat on the Event Team as we are both GMs.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?

Of course! Hat was once an RP Trainer so he know how to the follow the rules of roleplay, and that includes villian rp. If he commits a crime that must be moderated, he will most likely ask one of the other GMs to.

b]Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?[/b]

Not at all. He separates his real life self from his character. Xander is manipulative and Hat is not all like that. I have never seen him pull OOC into IC.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?

Yes. Being the head of the Event Team Actors, Hat knows when a character must lose and when they must win to further to rp in the best direction.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?

Yes! I love to roleplay with him and I believe most people do. He also stops to rp with anyone he comes across. Or at least that is how I see it.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?

His character fits perfectly for 3 and 4. As I said, Xander manipulates people which is something needed for those crimes.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.

I haven't screenshot any of my rps with Hat, but here is a link to a forum post Chobbit made documenting an rp where Hat played a Mafia Boss. I also took part in this rp.

http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... +lucy#p833
EpicKetchup
MC name: EpicKetchup

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
IC: I ran into him as Curator Franc and as Xander Blaze.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
For sure! His character's fall into villainy appears to be well-planned out and knowing that he is a GM, I'm very certain that he understands the need for the rules and understands the consequences of not following them.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
Nope! Not once did he ever break character when I RP'd with him.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
As a player (OOC), absolutely! You win some, you lose some; life has its ups and downs. I have extreme confidence that he understands the spirit of roleplay very well, and that roleplay is not about 'winning', but emulating your chosen character to the best extent.
As a character (IC), I believe that Xander Blaze has a certain level of intelligence that will prevent him from making stupid mistakes or falling into obvious traps (unless, of course, he is going to spring a trap right back when a trap is supposedly sprung on him... sorta like a ,"Just as planned..." moment). HOWEVER, that does not mean that he won't be outsmarted or outmaneuvered, and when that time comes, I put trust in his ability to take a blow or two if it comes to that.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
Considering he was the lead instigator for the Cobalt Museum event (which was pretty cool! A lot of people participated if my memory is correct) as Curator Franc, and judging by the latest bout of RP (with four people), definitely. I personally had fun, and I'm sure the others did as well. :)

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
Absolutely! Xander Blaze seems to be the type of shadowy, manipulative guy that uses his charisma and intelligence to ensure that the blame will be on someone else and that he will have a clean name. The Puppeteer, or the Chess Master, so to say.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
*whistles innocently as she tries to sneak in a obviously Photoshop'd picture of an RP session*
Uh... just like Xander mentioned in my application, I sorta forgot he needed one more reference and when I browsed this sub-forum and realized that he did my reference, well... yeah. Going to try and snag some real evidence in the next few days, I'm just eager to unleash Xander Blaze's full potential onto Toro, so that's why I snuck this semi-completed reference in. Hope that's alright! If not, and if someone already has some screenshots of RP with haveyouseenmyhat, hit that "Reply" button like an obnoxious fly!
Peach
MC name: Peachi3xx

How can I not accept this? Not to worry about the screenshots- I trust Hat's RP skill absolutely~

Return to “Accepted Applications”