cammy's Battle Comittee Application

Be the friendly face at the door, ready to take your coat and hat, or help with other aspects of the server!
cammy
MC name: cammy_cakers
Discord: cammycakess

cammy's Battle Comittee Application

Preferred Name: cammy (all lowercase)
MC Username: cammy_cakers, cammycakess
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: As a stay-at-home mother of 2 toddlers it fluctuates greatly. But I'm generally pretty active.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: A little over a year and a half now! I joined back in July 2022

Why do you want to join Battle Committee?:
I have a great deal of fondness for competitive pokemon and Toro as a whole. I'd like to be there to help develop and balance up and coming Toroan Forms and offer insight where I can.

What experience do you have with competitive battling (on and off Toro)?: Off Toro, I've competitively battled for six years now and I'd consider myself a middle of the road player who hasn't been able to break into that high level of play yet. I'm at 1500+ ELO on my most active tier currently (Gen 9 Randoms) and I was a semifinalist at the 2018 /vp/ Monotype Tournament.

On Toro, Rina has collected all eight badges and is ready to challenge the victory road. Her most notable tournament placement is second place at Tyrian's Town Tournament full of some of the best competitors, only losing to Aaron Blues in the grand finals.
While I've slowed down on Faye's Gym Challenge, he remains an active participant in the various tournaments that pop up. His most notable placement is 2nd place at the 2024 Kibo Ball tournament alongside Melusine Chalice (snek) and additionally currently holds the title of Dojo Master. Since the time of first writing this, he's become one of the dark type gym leaders.
I intend to take both of them to the Elite 4 one day, but I've been holding off on going at it full force so I don't burn myself out.

On a more personal level, battling on Toro has allowed me to become more appreciative and sportsmanlike to my opponents and I feel like i've grown as a competitor and person because of it.

What can you bring to this team?:
Passion! I have a great amount of passion for the e-sport and the seemingly limitless amount of inovation present in it's mechanics. My favorite way of playing the game is building creative teams that stand out among an established mold and catch people's attention.

[Anything and everything that you can do that makes you more useful as a Battle Committee member!]
What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?:
I'm generally a pretty impulsive person, often I catch myself typing a mile a minute when I get spirited about something (positive or negative) and find myself wishing I thought over my message more before posting it.
Characters:
Rina Dearea [40] | Arceist Priestess, Funny Mushroom Lady, Head Ranger | she/her
Faye Lancaster-Langely [22] | Bartender, Infernal Engine, Gym Leader | he/they
Kisho Okalani [31] | Fashion Model, Siren | she/her

Return to “Trainers & Committees”