Caltexcowboy application!

toering
MC name: toering

Caltexcowboy application!

Minecraft Username: caltexcowboy
Discord Username: zcharie
Pronouns (optional): any/all idgaf!
Where did you hear about us: some random link a year old twitter thread
Tell us a little about yourself: Australian FREAK having my yearly pokemon hyperfix. I love reading, art, fashion and being chill and cool! My favorite books would be; Deliver Me by Elle Nash, My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfeg, and The Secret History by Donna Tart.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is meta-gaming?: Meta-gaming is using knowledge your character wouldn’t normally possess to make in-character decisions, gaining an unfair advantage. Example: Knowing an enemy’s team and planning around it, even though your character wouldn’t have any prior knowledge of it.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?:
God-modding/Power-gaming is a term used in role-playing games to describe a situation where a player's character is portrayed as invincible and all-powerful. it disrupts the balance of the game and can make for an adverse role-playing experience. Example: "Erm my character dodges, she's an ex hitman and navy seal and is part angel so you can't hit her. she also kills you and sets you on fire sorry :/"

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Altering or contradicting established events, facts, etc, to accommodate new story developments. Example: “My character actually killed Professor Birch and stole his Identity, giving May an Eevee as her starter. Also he’s part angel and kills you and sets you on fire sorry :/”

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Becoming so enmeshed with your character that their emotions reflect/mirror yours, or vice versa. Example: Your character gets into an argument and gets called silly, which you take personally. This can be prevented in various ways, including taking breaks, especially when you feel things getting heated, and communicating your emotions openly and effectively. It's important to have a barrier between yourself and your character, and remain transparent with your thoughts and feelings. Try and see yourself as more of the author of your character, and less of an actor

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Fought wars doing Tumblr/Discord Danganronpa RP when I was 14.

Full name: Logan Quintrell
Appearance: Standing tall, Logan demands respect with her striking presence. Her fiery red hair flows down in saffron-coloured strands; meticulously designed with choppy and shaggy layers. Those with taste would call it "avant-garde" and "mod"... Others however, would just say it's weird. Feathered bangs gracefully drape across her pale forehead, resting above a visceral pair of hazel eyes. Draped in luxurious designer clothing, she wears a blazer crafted from the hide of Sandiles. Her beige tartan skirt, sourced from a high-end Kalos boutique, ensures all are aware of her taste level. Her clothing, a seamless blend of sophistication and power, exudes confidence. The sleek black high-heels she dons not only elevate her stature but also serve as a pedestal, from which she surveys those around her. Every step resonates with confidence, as if she's shaking the earth beneath her. Towering over most, Logan establishes herself as an authoritative figure in any setting. Her androgynous features, though harsh, create an enigmatic allure. Her piercing eyes, seemingly caked in scrutiny, mirror her discerning nature. She leaves no detail unnoticed. Her expression is a constant unyielding glare, there is this sense of unwavering determination that pours out from her. As a true connoisseur of fashion, she believes every respectable citizen should accessorize. Adorning her hands with black gloves, a rather unneeded extra touch of sophistication. Along with a pair of sheer tights, she's dressed rather formally. A premium Tauros leather belt wraps tightly around her waist, subtly emphasizing her slender figure, while a custom thigh-band, an accessory of personal significance, completes the meticulously crafted look. She is the epitome of polished elegance, akin to satin, with an almost otherworldly quality. Her aura tells a story of refined taste and calloused intensity, leaving an indelible mark with every calculated step she takes.

Personality: Logan is a rather logical thinker, her keen intellect allows her to navigate the complexities of life with needle point precision. She likes to think there are very few things you could get past her, unfortunately, she is not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Logan is used to being controversial, and someone so use to criticism must adapt. For her, this manifests as a rather intense bit of narcissism. Logan believes herself to be the centre of a world that is constantly against her. This can often take form as sarcasm, allowing Logan to use her wit to make blows at whomever she sees beneath her. While Logan may have a callous demeanour, beneath the surface lies a profound loyalty. The bond she shares with her Sneasel is a testament to this, revealing a softer side that few are privileged to witness. In her pursuit of success, loyalty becomes a driving force, anchoring her to the values she holds dear. Logan is laced with a sardonic air, her laughter mimics the meanest of middle school bullies. This is something that defines her, making her a strong force in the face of adversity. However, she's not impervious to insecurity, it’s a vulnerability that contrasts with her assertive nature. She thinks highly of herself, so every failure is a harsh reminder of just how imperfect she is. Deep within lies a volatile energy that manifests itself particularly in battles or when things don't go her way. In the heat of conflict, Logan can become deeply unrefined and childish. The sharp intellect that typically guides her becomes a frenzied force, leading to impulsive decisions and strategies that may confuse opponents and allies alike.

Biography:

Logan Quintrell, heir of the affluent Quintrell Family, was born into the world amidst the shining lights and bustling populous of Jubilife City. As the first-born, she bore the crown to the throne of the expansive Quintrell Estates, a conglomerate of luxury hotels and apartments sprawling across multiple regions. Despite the riches that surrounded her, Logan's childhood was marked by a rather.. Harsh– atmosphere within her family home, leaving a deep need for some kind of approval. While attending the prestigious Jubilife Academy For Young Excellence, Logan found herself at odds with her peers due to her confrontational personality. She yearned for the things most children her age had come across naturally. Friendships, sleepovers, romance. But her attempts at socializing often fell apart. She was combative, insecure, and envious. This further isolated herself from peers. Private schooling became a battleground for acceptance, with her confrontations only intensified by the immense pressure her demanding parents had set upon her. Every achievement she made was met with disappointment from her parents. Cruelty seemed to be second nature to the Quintrell family, making Logan's progress dwindle even as she navigated the warzone of highschool. Despite her outstanding performance, she remained in the shadows of her younger brother, who effortlessly garnered their parents' favour without lifting a finger. While her family often embarked on luxurious trips across Unova, Johto, Kalos, and Alola, Logan found solace in the companionship of her first Pokémon, a Sneasel received at the age of 12. Loneliness had haunted Logan, and the bond formed with her Pokémon became a source of comfort amidst the tumultuous world that she navigated. A certain kind of hunger had always been brewing within Logan, and it would only continue to grow as she watched her brother be rewarded for his mediocracy. Her baby brother, Ken, was one of the lucky ones. Born a winner, it always seemed. He was the golden goose of the family, praised for pursuing his dream of becoming a respected Pokémon trainer, while Logan felt shackled by the expectation to take over the family business. Her resentment deepened as her brother's aspirations bore fruit, following his dreams and sowing seeds for a successful life of his own. After graduating school with honours, Logan continued to work for her parents, the flames of resentment fuelled by each passing day. And one day, something had snapped. She was so sick of holding her tongue – of being stepped on. Out of sheer anger and fuelled by the desire to take control of her destiny, she discovered her own dream – to surpass her brother as a Pokémon trainer. A passion, born from spite alone. Her journey led her to the Toro region, A region her brother was yet to travel to, where she aimed to carve out her path to victory and become the next Toro League champion. Logan had been reborn, and swathed in bitterness.

Flaws: Confrontational nature, Cold exterior, Difficulty forming friendships, High expectations, Resentment, Impatience

Fears: Failure, Abandonment, Losing Control, Never Meeting Her Brother's Success

Ambitions: Becoming Toro League Champion, Earning Recognition, Proving Herself, Leaving a Legacy

Starter Pokemon: Sneasel - Adamant - Female - Inner Focus - Large

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/qd30kzT

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

“Oh! Most Certainly!” Logan grins, words leaving her mouth with an unusual level of enthusiasm. She snatches the clipboard and pen from the woman’s hands. “Don’t worry, I’ll do it~” She insists, her tone is full of euphoria- almost melodic. “Oh! Myyy name? Well It’s Logan! I’ll just jot that one down for you~!” She seems to be writing as she speaks, the pen’s movement is fast and haphazard. “Oh golly gee! Whatever could be next? Maybe my mothers maiden name?” Her tone, along with her expression, abruptly drops. The change was so quick, it was as if all the joy in her face had been pushed off the top of a cliff. A callous aura radiates from her, tenison leaking from her pores. “Listen, I don’t know what you’re trying to get me to sign up to, but whatever it is; I’m not interested. Full Stop. Try it on the next guy.” The contempt from her voice is searing. She slams the pen onto the clipboard, handing it back to the woman. “Thanks for the welcome party.” Looking back at the clipboard, a large scribble has been etched across the page.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Blank. That’s all that could be read from Logan’s face. She raises a finger, almost to object, blinking. “Are-?” A beat. “Are you daft?” What was once shock on Logan’s face quickly morphs into glee. She’s amused by his buffoonery. “Okay, I’ll entertain you.” The words leave her mouth with a jeering tone; an equal part mocking, an equal part impressed. The faith this trainer has in a seemingly pathetic Pokemon is somewhat enduring. He piqued her interest, and the idea of knocking him down a peg is just as titillating. "I've been to places were they view your Pokemon as a pest. Is spreading disease a hobby of yours?" She scoffs the words out. "I mean.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or whatever." preparing herself, Logan grasps the Pokeball that remains strapped tightly around her hip, and for a short moment she closes her eyes. Taking a deep, methodical breath.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Caltexcowboy application!

I very much appreciate your patience, as well as willingness to edit it! I'm more than happy to say you are--
The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”