ColeDaBoss Whitelist Application

ColeDaBoss
MC name: ColeDaBoss

ColeDaBoss Whitelist Application

Player Questions
Minecraft Username: ColeDaBoss
Discord Username: ColeDaBoss
Where did you hear about us: I looked up Pixelmon RP Servers and I found this and I found it interesting.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Cole, I am 20 years old, and I mainly just hang out a bunch or go and work. I normally like to relax and games or just chat with friends. If I’m not doing that then I’m spending time with my family or I am at work.

Roleplay Questions
What is meta-gaming?: Meta-gaming is the act where you use information that you the person would know but not your character as you use it as your character. (Example: The player knows the weakness of a creature but not the character. The character then uses the weakness to their advantage for an easy victory.)

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Power gaming is pretty much playing around the mechanics of the roleplay to benefit yourself. (Example: You see an enemy next to you and instead of fighting and taking time to rp it out, you just skip ahead and finish them off without having them have a chance.)

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retcon involves altering or reinterpreting facts within a fictional universe, pretty much changing the narrative and story that was once built. (Example: In the base games, Pokemon Champion Cynthia has been known to be one the most powerful trainers in the world. If you retcon it, Cynthia could either not exist in the Pokemon timeline anymore, or even not be a champion, or not even be a Pokemon trainer at all.)

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Character Bleed is when something happens to your character and you get affected by it emotionally. The best way that I would help prevent it would be, if you find yourself getting to that situation, walk away for a couple of seconds and take the time to cool off. Drink some water relax and figure it out before someone gets angry.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: I’ve mainly done discord RP servers and one Minecraft RP server but it wasn’t a text-to-RP kind of thing.

General Character Questions
[There is a 80+ word minimum for the appearance, 150+ word minimum for biography, and 150+ word minimum for personality. But feel free to do more! Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Leo Akagi

Appearance: Leo Akagi is a tall male with dark blue eyes, brown hair, and lightly tanned skin. He normally wears black pants, a black shirt, and a blue hood, as well as a black mask to cover his mouth. He mainly wears the mask because he thinks it makes him look cooler to his friends. He wears his purple shoes most of the time as he doesn't normally take off his hood but will if he has to. He also wears a purple and lightly colored golden brace around his leg for design-wise.

Personality: Leo is a kind-hearted person who likes to help others. He doesn’t like to see others get picked on so he goes and helps out those who seem like they need help. He always tries his hardest whenever it comes to basically anything. He always wanted to be there for people whenever they needed someone in their lives. Despite his competitive nature, he always approaches challenges with sportsmanship and fairness, valuing the spirit of the game above all else. In his personal life, Leo is not only loyal but dedicated to others. His unwavering support for family and friends is evident in the time and effort he invests in nurturing these relationships. Leo's playful and humorous side adds a pleasant side to his personality, bringing laughter and joy to those around him and effectively easing tense situations. He is always striving to better himself and his community, using his talents and resources to make a positive impact in the world.

Biography: Leo Akagi, a kind-hearted and determined Pokémon trainer, embarked on his journey in the Galar region from Wedgehurst town alongside his loyal Applin. While he mostly lived with his parents, Leo occasionally hung out with friends from school. His days were often spent helping his parents with errands or contributing to household chores.

Applin joined Leo's life when he was around 16, but their official journey began several months to almost a year later. As they set out to become a formidable Pokémon team, Leo's compassion and willingness to help others became evident. Despite the convenience of a train station connecting him to various parts of the region, Leo preferred staying back to assist locals and neighboring towns.

Being the first to lend a hand in times of need, Leo's altruistic nature grew. This commitment led him to work as an aide for a local professor in his town around the age of 18. The professor's research focused on understanding how Pokémon react and behave in the world. Leo's Applin, mirroring his compassionate personality, became an essential ally in battles and aiding others...for the most part at least.

Battles were challenging for Leo and Applin, especially without the assistance of the professor's Pokémon. They gradually participated in field tests to support the professor's research, which became Leo's source of income. Leo's journey into aiding the professor began when he helped one of the professor's aids attacked by a Pokémon on a neighboring route.

Impressed by Leo's actions, the professor recognized his potential and decided to hire him as an aide. Leo's desire to explore beyond Galar led him to discover the Toro region. With aspirations for new adventures, Leo and Applin expressed their wish to leave. Surprisingly, the professor had already prepared a ticket for Leo, encouraging him to conduct research and explore the Toro region.

Expressing gratitude, Leo and Applin set off, eager to uncover new stories and experiences to share with the professor and friends upon their return.

Flaws: Some of Leo’s flaws are being oblivious and being too helpful and kind towards others.
Ambitions: Some of Leo’s ambitions are Pokemon a strong Pokemon trainer, making all different kinds of friends, as well as learn about as much about Pokemon as he can.
Starter Pokemon: Applin
Skin: ImageImage

Open Response Questions
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in the third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Leo notices the girl as he feels a sense of sympathy for her. He smiles and pats the girl's head,

“Hey it’s ok, there’s no need to worry. I’m sure that you and I will be able to get him down from there. Now then, is there something your Meowth likes to eat when he wants to have a snack? I’m sure luring him down the tree and eating something sweet and yummy will do the trick. In fact, hold on…”

Leo takes a look inside of his bags as he starts pulling out a couple of berries from them and heads over towards the tree and sets them down on the bed of it. The Meowth begins to sniff the air as it gazes towards the berries and slowly begins to descend from the tree.

“There we go, I knew that might have been the case! It’s hard to turn down free food if it’s being offered to you huh haha.”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Leo turns to the cheerful woman as he is a bit alarmed and gets startled by her dropping a couple of his things. He quickly picks them up as he suddenly gets excited about what she has to offer him.

“Huh? Do you want to interview me? Well sure that sounds great…I hope. Anyway, my name is Leo Akagi. I came from a small town in the Galar Region. I mainly came here due to hearing of this new region…or well new to my knowledge that is. I wanted to see what this new place had to offer for me so as soon as I was able to, I flew to this region and here I am. As for going anywhere…well…everywhere! I want to try and explore this region to see what it has to offer me and hopefully meet some fun new Pokemon in return. I’m sure that seems like most trainers to you but that's something that I plan on doing while I’m here in Toro.”
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: ColeDaBoss Whitelist Application

I very much appreciate your patience, as well as willingness to edit it! You covered everything asked. The last thing was the skin, but I mentioned in the Discord I'd be able to help ya. I sent it over there, but for reference for anyone else looking- here's the edited version that is approved! (Dulled the blues a little and removed the hood / mask)
https://i.imgur.com/TyrFZyh.png

I'm more than happy to say you are--
The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”