MC name: KrakenBingBong

KrakenBingBong Whitelist Application

PLAYER QUESTIONS:

Minecraft Username:
KrakenBingBong

Where did you heare about us:
A friend of mine applied and told me about it so I am applying as well

Tell us a little about yourself:
Long time pokemon and MtG player. Usually shiny hunting or playing competitive battling with a rain team.

ROLEPLAY QUESTIONS:

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying to me is trying to tell a story, where everyone involved is the main character.
A little difficult to achieve, but I've DM'd in Dungeons and Dragons with that style for 7-8 years
and it's how I like to tell stories.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is playing using information that the player has, but not their character. For example
(using DnD), a player might know that a Ancient Bronze Dragon is immune to lightning and play
around it, with their character never seeing, or reading about one before.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Power-gaming is playing to force your actions on others. Trying to make the story yours and yours
alone, while not letting others take part in the story.

What is retroactive continuity (retconning)?
Retconning is changing part of your backstory and trying to make it canon, without letting others
know first. Making yourself really good at somethimg that wasn't in your backstory, or getting new
equipment or pokemon because you want them.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is explaining to the group what your character is doing. OOC is asking questions to staff or just
asking a different player something.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
No experience playing on a server like this, but as I said earlier, I have 7-8 years of DM
experience in DnD.

GENERAL CHARACTER QUESTIONS:

Full name:
Adrian Charles Fischer

Appearance:
A male with simple looking clothes. He wears brown cargo shorts and a blue inner shirt. He has
light brown hair, and a tan vest that has some hooks and other tackle piercing through the breast
pocket. Blue-green eyes, with round features. The only thing that breaks that is a scar on the left 
cheek from a fishing hook that accidentally caught him when he was a child. He is around 5'9" with a 
normal build, nothing stands out.

Personality:
Adrian is friendly to those he meets, unless they give him a reason to dislike them. Around friends,
he usually insults them as a way of showing that he likes them. He doesn't mean it however. They
typically just like to fish and enjoy some quiet time. If someone wants to battle him, they will 
oblige, with some enthusiasm. He did have a dream when he was younger about being a competitive
battler, however he became a fisherman like his family and decided to keep doing it. He tend to like
water pokemon over others, however if a pokemon works well with water types
(like volcarona to cover grass types) they will use them too. He like when it rains, so he uses
a rain team. His happiest moments are when he is fishing and it's raining. He also has some taste
for adventure, as long as the adventure is on a boat so he can keep fishing.

Biography:
Adrian was born in Dewford in Hoenn. His family has been fishermen there for generations, and were
fairly well off. They owned two boats that they used to fish with. Growing up, he had dreams of
being a Pokemon Master, defeating all 8 gyms and the elite four.
When he turned 8, he started going on the fishing boats to learn how to do the trade.
On one of these trips, as they were pulling back into harbor, Adrian saw a Horsea struggling
near the dock. As he was looking over the starboard side, he saw that the Horsea was stuck in a net.
Without thinking about it that much, he jumped in the water and freed it, before swimming up to the
dock. His father congratulated him for caring about Pokemon. As they started to walk back home,
the Horsea came to the surface of the water and starting following Adrian. His father realized
that Horsea wanted to stay with Adrian, and he gave Adrian a Pokeball to catch him. That was 13
years ago. Adrian and Horsea grew up together, with Horsea not doing much battling as they were
just fishing most of the time. Shortly after his 21st birthday, Adrian heard about the Toro region,
with its vast array of Pokemon to catch. Feeling the thrill of adventure, Adrian decided to travel
to the Toro region, and learn what Pokemon lived there. His old childhood dream of being a Pokemon
Master started to come back to him, but maybe instead of becoming a Champion, he would try to catch
all of the Pokemon in the Toro region.

Flaws:
Adrian isn't really good at anything that isn't fishing or navigating. He also likes fishing to a
point where he won't stop once he's started unless some emergency came up.

Ambitions:
Adrian wants to catch all the Pokemon in the Toro region, and do a lot of fishing.

Starter Pixelmon:
Horsea with Modest Nature and Swift Swim, no pref on gender

Skin:
https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/221 ... fisherman/

OPEN RESPONSE QUESTIONS

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Well ma'm, I came here after hearing about the vast array of Pokemon that live here. I wanted to come here and learn about new pokemon, and most importantly do some fishing. Me and my Horsea, Popcorn, are here to do a little exploring and fishing. I came here from the Hoenn region, from Dewford town. I was a fisherman there for 13 years before I found out about the Toro region. I don't know too much about the region, so my plan was to stay in this town for a bit and get my bearings before sailing to a port town away from here. Seems like this town is the main landing spot for new people and I would rather stay elsewhere. Speaking of, where would be a good place to find a map for this region? I desparately need one if I hope to navigate around this new land."

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Adrian leans down to the girl to get to eye level, before trying to calm her down. "There. There. I'll help you. He's up in this tree?" The little girl nodded, tears still flowing down her face. "All right. Just wait here." Adrian starts climbing the tree. Once he gets to the Meowth, he tries to get the Meowth out of the tree. The Meowth, being scared, starts trying to scratch him. Adrian just holds the meowth at arm's length so the Meowth can only scratch his hand. "It's alright, buddy. I'm trying to help you." Hearing this, the Meowth calms down, and lets Adrian carry him down the tree. The little girl, laughing as her tears dried up, "Thank you mister!" Adrian chuckled, "Don't worry about it. Next time keep an eye on your Pokemon so he doesn't get stuck anymore. The little girl ran off home, as Adrian started digging in his bag for a bandage to cover up the scratches.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: KrakenBingBong Whitelist Application

Hello! Thank you for your interest, and applying to the server! We're excited to have you, but we have a few notes. Communication would be 100% smoother and clearer in Discord though! We recommend joining it for other reasons besides that though, as we also have our event schedules. and all sort of event info - lore answers, and such in that channel! If you prefer not to though, I'm happy to post the notes needed here - just let us know!

You can join our Discord here: [ discord.gg/toro-league ]
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: KrakenBingBong Whitelist Application

Welcome! Thank you for your patience!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”