River ET Application

DontFearTheReapa
MC name: DontFearTheReapa

River ET Application

Preferred Name: River
MC Username: DontFearTheReapa
Time Zone: BST
Number of hours available: I can be free at least 3-4 days a week, probably more, so maybe around... 20-25 hours?
How long you have been playing on Toro League: A year (wild)

Why do you want to join Event Team?: As a DM for DnD and an avid lover of the server, I would love to contribute to the stories of Toro and run cool events for people (as well as help lighten the load for our already hard-working ET members - love you all!)
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: Not in minecraft, but I’ve run multiple TTRPG systems for friends and strangers alike

What can you bring to this team?: Whilst I may not be as strong at the building side of things, I like to think of myself as a good storyteller/writer. I've been a DM for well on eight years now (god, time flies), and I've loved every moment of it (even if sometimes I've lamented being the Forever DM. Clearly I'm just too good /jk)
Examples: -sweats- hard to give examples of DMing a campaign.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: I have run small, connected events for people before to explore one of my character’s backstories, and let people catch some Pokemon with a bit more personality than if they’d just found them wild!
Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: No, but I’d be more than willing to help out regardless of if I’m accepted into ET or not.
Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: I may not want to run large events right away (though I definitely want to) but I’d be more than happy to help out!
Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: Absolutely! With some pointers from more experienced ET, though I like to think I at least have the gist of how to run a good combat event.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary.

There’s been some strange noises coming from the woods near Aurelia, and whatever it is has been agitating the local Galvantula and Joltik! With the rangers being spread thin, they’ve asked for some capable volunteers to accompany a couple of trained ranger in calming the poor spiders and discovering the source of the noises…

Then, complete the following questions:
(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
- Cobwebs! The Joltik and Galvantula have scattered from the shrine, spinning their webs into the surrounding trees, and some have even begun webbing up buildings on the outskirts of Aurelia!
- Burn marks on the ground! The players don’t know right away, but the cause was a poacher who attempted to use a fire-type Pokemon to round up and catch a bunch of poor spiders all at once (a little nod to what we use the shrine for OOC for fun )
- A truck, Markus' getaway vehicle, and part of the final scene for the event to free the Galvantula!
(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.
Markus Peralta, a shady individual who poaches rarer wild Pokemon and sells their parts for profit. He’s fallen on hard times with rangers cracking down on trying to stop people like him, resorting to rounding up Galvantula and trying to pass off their bristles as knock-off ‘Raikou Fur’. He’s a loud, mean individual who crumbles under pressure, reverting to becoming a coward.
(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.

[1] As the group debates what to do… rustling from the bushes catches their attention, before two large Galvantula leap towards them haphazardly! They seem panicked, ready to collide and knock people over!

[2] The Galvantula shakes as [player] approaches, but they seem to calm somewhat… at least enough to prevent it from attacking. The other is not so easily soothed, as it spins an Electroweb, flinging it at [player] in panic!

[3] With both Galvantula successfully calmed, they skitter off into the wilderness, though notably not towards their nest… maybe those noises scared them away? Might be worth investigating…

[4] As the group approaches the shrine, there’s not a spider in sight! Abandoned webs and eggs show signs that they left in a hurry - something is definitely wrong. There also appears to be scorch marks scattered around the shrine, in the dirt and searing some of the nearby trees. Thankfully, whatever it was didn’t cause a forest fire…

[5] As [player] investigates the burn marks, they notice something else - a set of heavy bootprints leading away from the shrine! There seems to be a smaller set of prints walking alongside them, and drag marks from what appears to be some kind of net…

[6] The group follows the prints further from Aurelia, deeper into the woods… it’s eerily quiet, with far less wild Pokemon in the area than there should be. The bootprints and drag marks continue, though the smaller prints come to a sudden stop.

[7] As they come into view of the clearing, they find a worn-down pickup truck, engine still running! A group of Galvantula are bound by a metal net in the truckbed, with some Joltik scurrying around them frantically, too scared to leave their parents’ side! A heavyset man is gripping one of them by the legs with a pair of rubber gloves, his other hand gripping a pair of shears!

[8] [Actor Emote]: When the ranger calls him by name, Markus grits his teeth, dropping the leg and pulling out a pair of Timer Balls. “So, finally decided to run me out of business? And you’re even resorting to bringing back up. Was I that scary?” He barks a laugh, releasing a small Heatmor (responsible for the smaller footprints) and a much larger, more imposing Midnight Lycanroc! “Sear, Granite, let’s waste the losers and scram!”

[9] Despite the poor treatment Markus has shown the Galvantula, his Pokemon seem to have been raised well - especially when they start working together! The Heatmor’s tongue flicks out in a Fire Lash to strike [player Pokemon], attempting to lower its defense before the Lycanroc digs its claws into the ground, dredging up large, sharp rocks and flinging a super effective Stone Edge at the weakened target!

[10] [Actor Emote}: With both of his Pokemon fainted on the ground, Markus’ facade cracks, as he shakes a little, backing up against the truck and scrambling for the keys, but the group that had already moved towards him easily block his path. Too jittery to even speak, he just hangs his head and raises his hands, meekly accepting defeat.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: My mental health can be wack sometimes, so I may not be able to run large events often (though I could still run small things for players if requested) and may ask for assistance from others if I feel my own abilities won’t be enough to run an event, even if it’s a relatively simple one (to make sure that if I have to suddenly leave, there is at least someone there who can continue the event for the players), though I’d always give a heads up if this was the case!

Anything else we need to know: Did you know Slowbro is the only Pokemon that’s been said to be able to devolve? Even a Slowking stays a Slowking if the Shellder detaches - it just forgets everything it learned.

Random facts aside, I know I’ve only been with you guys for half a year, but this is by far the best community I’ve been a part of. If I am accepted, I look forward to working with the other staff, and if not, I continue to look forward to the great events the rest of the ET work so hard on!
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: River ET Application

This application has been denied.
We appreciate the interest! However, we have to see more activity in the larger community as a whole before being able to consider this.

Return to “Inactive Applications”