Character Application - Kirby Sinclair

shrubrubb
MC name: shrub_rubb

Character Application - Kirby Sinclair

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: shrub_rubb

Discord Username: E - Neptune Milk - E#1321

Pronouns (optional): She/They

Where did you hear about us: From my friend IgnoredSon (Leoh)!

Tell us a little about yourself: I find myself passionate about arts and I love to play Minecraft! I've always been interested in Pokemon since a young age but I only recently got more immersed in the fandom. I also love to garden and write personal short stories! I am currently growing my own summer vegetable garden IRL!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying? : Roleplaying is acting out a character you have created whether verbally or typed. You go through scenarios and challenges as your said character develops their personal attributes and characteristics.

What is meta-gaming? : Metagaming is when someone uses non-canon and or unknown canon information to give them an unfair advantage in roleplay. For example, someone could be having a fight in a far distant land but suddenly another character just appears on a whim, knowing exactly where they are and what they're doing without any in-game knowledge.

What is power gaming/god-modding? : Powergaming is when you force a scenario to go in your favor in order to win. God modding is when you develop a character to be OP in a sense. No flaws, no normal attributes, just very Mary Sue in a way. To go along with this, this said character would be unbeatable. This character could overpower any attack, refuse character death, or even try to kill other players with no repercussions to their actions. For example, let’s take two people rping a fight. They’re both in a nasty brawl with each other when one of them types this:
- “Mary stabs John and kills him.”
This would be an example of power gaming, having Mary declare the death of John, without giving John a chance to retaliate. To correct this, one can instead write:
- “Mary swings her dagger at John’s chest attempting to deliver the final blow.”
Not only does this sound better, but it also gives the other role player a chance to react with their next move and win the battle based on skill instead of opinion.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retconing is when you act out something in character and then retract the statement, claiming the action false and unreal. It's a way to get almost "void" one's actions.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? : IC (In character) is when all of your actions are done through your character's reactions. Everything you say and do will count are your character's own personal choices and reactions. OOC (Out of character) means everything you say and do have NO IMPACT on the game and no impact on your character. You could just be talking regularly about the lore in general without your character knowing any of it.

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): Absolutely! I've never played in a pixelmon RP server before but I have played in a series of medieval/fantasy Minecraft roleplay servers and text RP discord servers. I even dabbled a bit in a voice RP Minecraft server!

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Kirby Sinclair

Appearance: Kirby is a tall young woman, standing 5"11 and proud. For her long stance, she has a pudgy figure that gives her a softly rounded look, making her seem kinder and more approachable. Her strawberry blonde hair fluffs out shortly in a rough pixie as her style always reflects her easygoing personality. She always wears light and warmer colors, lots of yellows and oranges with splashes of spring greens to bring her looks together. Her eyes shine a deep aquamarine that pops with the contrast of her numerous dark piercings. She always ordains her hair with petite green bows to give it more texture.

Personality: Kirby is an outgoing, compassionate individual who's always looking for the brighter side of life. Her charismatic character makes her more of an extrovert as she strives to make special connections with every trainer and Pokemon she meets. She's creative and witty with all her opinions, making sure to be as bold as possible when expressing herself. She has a curious mind that's always imploring her to learn more about the new environments she explores. Her main goal is to find a community that she can call family and home.

Biography: Kirby had a pretty ordinary childhood. She was orphaned at birth and was transferred in custody to her loving grandparents in Kalos. She grew up with them in the secluded beauty of Cyllage City, spending her free time reading up on Poke-Care at the beach's shore. As the years went by, Kirby was slowly immersed in the small-knit community of the town, coming to love her home and her family. Her grandparents were the sweetest individuals and some of the best parental figures Kirby could ever hope for. They both worked for years in Cyllage City's Pokemon Center, rehabilitating and caring for the Pokemon in the area, constantly working hard but never regretting a moment of it. Kirby developed her passion for Poke-Care through her grandparents, as she strived to one day own her own Pokemon Center. When Kirby was about 16, she began her own volunteer work at the City's Pokemon Center, working alongside her grandparents and loving every minute of it. By her 20th birthday, she knew she wanted to pressure this passion of her more globally. She never planned to become an epic Pokemon trainer, just someone who can help those in need and give all the world's Pokemon the care they deserve. She still has a lot to learn in her journey, so she decided to leave her hometown in Kalos and go explore a more popular region, Toro. After many tearful goodbyes and lots of warm good luck wishes, Kirby takes the first flight she can get out of Kalos and straight to Toro to seek education in Poke-Care.

Flaws: Even though Kirby is a very outgoing person, she's extremely impulsive. She's very passionate about her own ideals so she can get lost in her own head, ignoring other people's statements in the process. She's a little scatterbrained and careless, making her clumsy and sometimes irrational. She's also brutally honest, making her a slight gossiper. Even with all her outstanding positive characteristics, she still lacks confidence and seeps into insecurity.

Ambitions: Kirby's ambition is to open her own Poke-Center one day to help rehabilitate and care for Pokemon all over Toro.

Starter Pokemon: Blue Flabebe - Kirby actually adopted her Flabebe through her hometown’s Pokemon Center. During Kirby’s volunteer years at the center, someone had forfeited their Flabebe to the center because they couldn’t take care of it anymore. The Flabebe was in horrible condition, being extremely malnourished and greatly neglected. Kirby was tasked with one-on-one rehabilitation therapy for the poor Flabebe, to help it get back on its flower and be released into the wild at full health. She ended up taking care of the Flabebe for half a year, caring for it and nurturing it as its well-being slowly improved. But when the Flabebe was ready to be released, the two ended up developing such a strong bond with each other that Kirby decided to adopt the Flabebe as her own. They’ve been together ever since! She ended up naming her Belle, having made a companion for life from her passion.

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
https://imgur.com/kR6u4hN
https://imgur.com/Ktg1XVF

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Kirby lets out a small gasp of surprise as she quickly glances down at the girl. She looked around her to see if anyone else had noticed the girl's outburst, but no passerby seemed to care, so she decided to step in. Kirby kneeled down to the little girl's height and gently wiped her tears, "Hey, hey, it's alright! I'll help you! Can you show me where your Meowth is?" She holds out her hand for the little girl to take as she lets herself be led to the Meowth in the tree. She gazes up at the large, spindly trunk of that tree, the quivering Meowth shaking in its branches. Kirby slides off her backpack and takes off her jacket, swinging it around the thick trunk of the tree before catching her sleeve on the other side. She uses her jacket to slowly begin to inch up the tree, climbing toward's the helpless Meowth...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Oh! Umh.. alright then!" Kirby tentatively answered, feeling slightly uneasy with the sudden cornering in her arrival. "Well... I came from Adamas... it's quite lovely really!" She commented, reminiscing about the chilly, familiar atmosphere of her hometown. "I guess I plan to visit all the rest of the regions in Toro. I really just want to travel, it's been a dream of mine to explore all the regions since I was a little girl.. so I hope I get to!" She chuckles softly to herself, giving a kind smile to the woman. When she finished answering the questions, she gave the woman a friendly wave and stalked off to retrieve her luggage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Character Application - Kirby Sinclair

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”