Whitelist Applications - KJ_Applean

KJapplean
MC name: _KJ_Applean_

Whitelist Applications - KJ_Applean

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: _KJ_Applean_
Discord Username: KJ_Applean #9286
Pronouns: They/Them/It/Its/Xe/Xer
Where did you hear about us: A Friend (PA_Cloudscape #0520)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been rping since 2018, but I’ve been playing minecraft for much longer and have been a fan of pokemon since around the release of Pokemon X & Y. I don’t understand sarcasm, jokes, etc well in text so please use tone indicators when messing with me. I’ve had misunderstandings in the past and rather avoid than repeat things. I've also been a hobbyist writer and artist for about 6-7 years now and have been slowly improving my skills since. My spelling is also not that great meaning my responses may be slower due to me checking if I’ve spelled everything ok.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?
-Writing a story with others in real time, basically building upon an agreed world and exploring conflicts and characters.
What is meta-gaming?
-When someone uses information that was stated outside of rp in rp when their character shouldn’t have access to that information.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
-Any form of power abuse/cheating in rp, which includes: autohits/controlling other characters/or anything to give their character an unfair advantage.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
-When previous established events/information has been changed.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
-In character is when you act as your character, responding to situations as they would. However out of character is when you are not in character, and react to things as you would.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
-Ive been rping for years, however I’ve never rped in Minecraft, especially not by text.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Kekoa William Trotter
Nicknames: Will, Trots, or Ke
Appearance: Kekoa is a 5’10” man with tan skin and freckles across his body. His hair is brown, spiky and long and he always wears it up in a low ponytail. He constantly dresses like a cowboy no matter what setting he’s in. His favorite outfit being his white undershirt and brown western style vest. Under his brown chaps (not pictured in the skin) that are attached to his belt, he wears navy blue jeans. Between those layers are his dark brown boots with spurs attached to the back (mostly just for show). He always wears a bandana to cover his face, he has almost a collection of them in a drawer to switch between. Underneath his bandana is a scar that stretches from his chin up to his eyebrow on the right side of his face, the wound wasn’t deep enough to blind him but left a very noticeable scar and sliced his mouth open on that side.
Personality: Kekoa is free-spirited and doesn’t like to rely on others. He doesn’t like to ask for help but won’t turn down an offer for it. He’s hardworking and strict with his schedule. Working dawn to dusk on training his pokemon and building his new life. He doesn’t seek conflict and only puts himself or his pokemon into battle if there’s something he cares about in the balance. Kekoa is much better with Pokemon than with people, and isn’t sure how to confront things without being too blunt or just avoiding things. He’s oblivious when it comes to the emotions of others unless it’s very obvious (Ex: He knows when someone is crying they’re upset about something). He also follows his gut, and while he takes things at face value if he has any suspicions he’ll keep a keen eye out. Meaning he’d fall for anything someone says with enough charisma.
Biography: Kekoa was raised in Paniola Town on the Akala Island of the Alola region. While his mother was born and raised in the town, his father was a businessman from the Galar region. They fell in love and had him, his father coming and going on business trips. Growing up he spent all his time on the nearby ranch, where his mother worked. But one day he got too close to an angry Tauros, getting a horn to the face. He recovered fine, and the incident didn’t deter his love for pokemon (minus the small fear of Tauros he has since gotten over). A year later when he turned 11 his mother decided to move to Galar to marry his father. Moving to Motostoke, but he didn’t like the city life. He felt out of place, spending all his time near the Galar mines and the southern wild area. That’s where he met Mudbray along route three, who he soon befriended. That’s when he knew he wanted to start his own ranch. Soon he met Claudia Barks (my friend’s character), who was trying to shake berries from a tree. Mudbray bucking the tree for her. They became best friends, at least how he saw it, and when he was 20 they moved to the Toro region together to start anew. There Kekoa hopes to start his dream ranch and help out pokemon who need a good home.
Flaws: He’s obvious to the emotions of those around him unless it’s a strong emotion or if he’s told how they feel. He takes things at face value and falls for charisma (not romantic, he's just gullible). Kekoa doesn’t think anyone would want to take advantage of/use him since he enjoys helping others he doesn’t see things as transactional, just a friend helping a friend.
Ambitions: Starting a pokemon ranch to give home to all sorts of pokemon. He calls it a ranch but it’s more of a free range adoption center. With a small berry farm so he doesn’t have to spend so much on buying food for them. While he may train pokemon and challenge gyms and such, he doesn’t plan to take on any further than that. He wants to help his pokemon be strong but not become any famous/significant trainer.
Starter Pokemon: Mudbray
Skin:
Could not for the life of me figure out how to attach a image- so here’s a link to a google doc with the app./images
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15_5 ... qiqhs/edit

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Kekoa was making his way home, his mudbray by his side.
“Please!” A voice cut through his thoughts, looking up from the sidewalk to see a little girl pointing up at a tree. Spotting the meowth clinging to the branches.
“Don’t worry, I’ll get em.” Kekoa wasn’t a stranger to climbing trees. Making his way up the branches, the meowth instantly jumped onto his back when he got into their range. Sinking their claws into his back, which did hurt, but he kept his composure and made his way back down the tree.
“Thank you thank you thank you!” The girl hugged her returned meowth in glee as he thanked Kekoa.
“No problem kid,” he tipped his hat to her before taking his leave.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

He wasn’t expecting to be approached, turning his head to face her from the spot on the floor he was originally looking at.
“Hello?” He greeted the woman, confused. “Well,” he put a hand to his chin, “I was born on Akala Island in the Alola region before moving to Motostoke in the Galar region. Now I’m here without a plan.” He huffed in his own amusement at how unprepared he was. In reality moving to the Toro region was a rash decision.
“Wow you’ve really made your rounds,” She joked? He wasn’t quite sure. Writing something down on her clipboard, her bright smile never once leaving her face. “Well I must be going, thanks for answering.” And before he could say goodbye she was gone. Off to question the next person. He shrugged and went about his day.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Whitelist Applications - KJ_Applean

Welcome! Thank you for applying and your patience!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”