HighFiveCharlie
MC name: HighFiveCharlie
Discord: High Five Charlie#0809

Charlie's Character Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: HighFiveCharlie
Discord Username: High Five Charlie #0809
Pronouns (optional): he/they

Where did you hear about us: I searched for pixelmon roleplay servers and found Toro right away.

Tell us a little about yourself: I typically play Pokemon games with the goal of minmaxing my team, but recently I tried Pokemon Ranger and had a blast just sort of hanging out with Pokemon and I want to try RPing as someone who isn't focused on battling so much as forming relationships with my team members. Also, my N key is funky, so if you spot any missing N's or too many N's please excuse them lol. I did my best to fix any errors. <3

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is playing a character with others in order to create an enjoyable experience for everyone, usually in a mythological or fantasy world.

What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is taking information your character would not have and using it in-game, for example if you know someone is following you but your character doesn't suddenly deciding your character becomes suspicious that someone might be following them when normally they would never do that.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? This is essentially when you take over the RP and make it go as you desire by ignoring input from other RPers, like if you say that you go in for a punch and state that it lands and the other person falls unconscious right away.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retconning is when you say or change something out of the blue, like if suddenly you need a lot of money in order to do something so you declare right then and there that you have always had a lot of money.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is when you are actively RPing as your character, while OOC is when you are talking as yourself, like if you need to ask what the coords are to a location.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? I have RPed a lot, but never on a server: I DM for dnd often (and play too) and I used to frequent RP Aminos when I was younger.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Oliver Abernathy

Appearance: Oliver has dull brown hair that reaches just past his ears and dark brown eyes. He has an arm brace for joint pain on his lower right arm and usually wears gloves. He carries with him a small backpack and wears his Pokeballs on his waist. He wears a flower crown often, and stashes a flower or two in his front pocket, both of which are for his beloved Joltik, Popcorn, who loves to nestle in his pockets or hair and chew absently on the petals. He wears long, heavy boots for off-road walking and tends to stick to dull or neutral colours. It is of note that he needs glasses but does not wear them. He has no notable marks or blemishes.

Personality: Oliver is kind and patient, not wanting to trample over anyone else's experience. He is often nervous around new people or just people in general and doesn't typically initiate battles---though with Pokemon this is somewhat of an exception, and he will almost always accept a battle if offered. He loves Pokemon and has a deep respect for them. While Oliver isn't particularly interested in fame or fortune, he is very excited at the prospect of meeting those with great experience or knowledge to share. Oliver relies on Popcorn for support, and he hopes to find more Pokemon who want to join him in Toro.

Biography: Oliver comes from Anville Town in Unova. His mother was a far-travelling trainer who almost made it to the Elite Four, but settled down after meeting Oliver's father, who worked in the rail yard at Anville town. Oliver grew up wishing to follow in his mother's footsteps, but as he grew older he came to realize his passion for Pokemon battling came from a desire to study them. He went to school to interact with Pokemon as a wildlife biologist and gained work experience with his father at the rail yard. Because Anville Town has no Pokecenter, Oliver is skilled in making his own basic Potions and other such simple remedies and items. Despite his previous intentions of being a Pokemon trainer, Oliver only gained his first Pokemon as an adult in his early-twenties, right before he left for Toro---his mother had always allowed him to "train" with her own battle-worn Pokemon. His father's Galvantula lays eggs to help repopulate Chargestone Cave's with Joltik and an egg was laid just in time to be gifted to Oliver before he left for Toro.

Flaws: Oliver tends to be anxious, and he can be a bit slow at times. Oliver also has ADHD, which can lead to forgetfulness and impulsivity (I have ADHD so this is just a very easy way of making it so if I myself forget something or act a certain way with Oliver it isn't out of character lol). He does have a stutter.

Ambitions: Oliver wishes to explore the world around him, examining how Pokemon interact with the environment, humans, and other Pokemon. Though he has no active desire train his own team, he finds Pokemon battles very interesting and will sometimes engage in battle, especially with wild Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon: Joltik; Female; Runt; Compound Eyes

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/E2X7m0G

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Oh dear," Oliver paused, peering up into the tree. A Meowth gazed down with wide eyes at him through the branches, mewling lowly in alarm. It looked small for its species, so maybe it had recently hatched, and the tree was so tall it must've been too frightened to climb down. Oliver looked back down at the girl, who was scrubbing at her face with her hands.

"Don't worry, we'll get your Meowth down right away." Oliver tapped the ball at his hip and, with a sharp flash, out emerged his tiny Joltik, who immediately begin clambering up Oliver's arm.

"Popcorn, use String Shot on the tree, right below the Meowth." Popcorn skittered up to settle atop Oliver's head and shot a line of string at the branch the Meowth was perched on. The Pokemon jolted in surprise, it's fur standing straight up.

"Go ahead and call for your Meowth, now," he told the girl. She nodded and beckoned with her hands to the Pokemon.

"Meowth!" She called, to which the Meowth's ears perked. "Meowth, please climb down!"

Though cautiously, the Meowth did as it was told, leaned down to put a tentative paw on the string. It's tail straightened automatically and it began to descend, expertly balancing on Popcorn's move despite it's obvious fear. When it was near the bottom, it jumped straight into the girl's arms, mewling loudly and happily---though it did seem a tad perturbed at the stickiness left on its paws.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Oh-!" Oliver paused, a bit startled at the woman's quick approach. "Oh, hello there. Ah, I'd be glad to answer any of your, uh, questions. Um-"

Oliver licked his lips nervously, resting a hand on Popcorn's Pokeball for support. "Well, I come from Unova---Anville Town, specifically---and I'm- I'm here to explore and research the Pokemon of this region. And the region itself, of course!"

"Even from here I can see Toro is going to be a lovely sight to see," Oliver continued, glancing over the woman's shoulder at the gorgeous city skyline. "I'm excited to meet all kinds of people, and- ah, and their Pokemon, too. As for where, exactly, I plan to go? I'm not... I'm not sure, haha, but I guess I'll find out soon."

Thank you for reading through my application! Have a lovely rest of your day <3
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Charlie's Character Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”