LilChoco_ Application Form

LilChoco
MC name: LilChoco_

LilChoco_ Application Form

Minecraft Username: LilChoco_
Discord Username: TheChocoBoco#3312 (If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to)
Pronouns (optional): He/Him

Where did you hear about us: I had heard of the community before, however it was really brought to my attention by my friend Jay or Jaysian.

Tell us a little about yourself: A little bit of general information about myself are that I’ve been a big pokemon and minecraft fan for a long time, and due to the fact I’ve had quite a bit of experience with pixelmon. I enjoy playing pixelmon and minecraft with friends, and enjoy certain roleplaying communities as well. I hope to have a lot of fun in the Toro community as I go on an adventure with my friends and meeting new friends along the way.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is taking part in a reenactment of a place or time alongside a community of other roleplayers. You can create your own character that you can live up to and take part in adventures and fantasies that are up to you to create or enhance. You could go so far to say that roleplaying is an escape from reality and becoming immersed in a fantastical world that you can make your own.

What is meta-gaming? Meta gaming is when you break the fourth wall so to speak. The same as in a movie where the character becomes “Sentient” and has knowledge beyond their world. In other words it is the act of using information that your character wouldn’t know to your advantage and therefore you are breaking character and ruining immersion.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? Power gaming is the act of creating a character and giving them a godly or “overpowered” ability. Or the act of ruining the autonomy of another character by making decisions for yourself that in turn affect another character too much.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retroactive continuity is when you have already made a character or story, but you added more information after the fact. You could have simply forgot to add it, or maybe you wanted to give your character more power, abilities, or knowledge. Essentially it is a bad thing because you could have made a character or storyline, and something that you didn’t like happened so you changed something about your character to bypass a flaw. Somewhat similar to meta-gaming.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character is when you are attempting to contribute to roleplay, you are acting as your character that you created. Out of Character refers to when you are not acting as your character but as your real life self, which should be used very limitedly. Only in cases where you need to share information to another person such as, “I need to go afk” or something happens where you must pause an interaction for something that is happening in real life.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I do have experience playing multiple RP servers, including Vindexcraft which is a city roleplay server that I played for almost 5 years. You would take a role where you could get a job, be trained in a job, start businesses, and more. To be specific on my experience on VindexCraft, I worked as a government employee as a police officer, SWAT officer, DEA agent, secret service agent (Where i ranked up to the highest rank non-appointed rank. Appointed ranks being, director, vice director, etc..), and in the military where I was an Admiral in the navy and for a time was the 2nd in command of the navy.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro

Full name: Cameron Kurona

Appearance: Cameron Kurona is quite modest, average looking person. He’s a measly 5’10 not standing too tall but not short either. He doesn’t have any particularly distinguishing markings. He doesn’t have an birthmarks, or scars, but he does have freckles. He’s relatively well built, he has muscle tone but he isn’t overly muscular. He has a farmer’s tan from working outside in the sun all day. Cameron has brown hair and matching brown eyes, his hair is fuller and grown out longer with a little bit of waviness to it. His choice of apparel would be more for comfort rather than flashiness or anything else. Often wearing a t-shirt and thin jacket, along with regular old shorts or baggy jeans. He’s not big into fashion so his outfit is often whatever he grabs out of his wardrobe and puts on. Though he refuses to wear anything to brightly colored.

Personality: Cameron Kurona is a rather chipper person. At first glance he’s a rather put together, kind, logical fellow. Due to his background you will find that Cameron is a very reliable person. He’s well educated and thinks things through, you won’t see him diving head first into a situation. Though he knows that there are a lot of things for him to learn and that makes him excited for the future. Cameron is also prepared to give a helping hand to anyone who needs his help, whether you need help with a physical task or even just someone to talk to.

Biography: Cameron Kurona comes from the Kanto region. He comes from a family of pokemon breeders who would take contracts from wealthy customers to breed their perfect pokemon. In his youth Cameron spent his days taking care of the pokemon that his family was tasked to watch and were contracted to breed. In this time Cameron came to find a great appreciation for pokemon, he found them very fascinating. His days were full of joy as he walked around the farm he lived on, playing, feeding, and watching the pokemon under his family’s care. As he grew older his curiosity and his interest in pokemon continued to grow. By his 17th birthday, Cameron decided he wanted to go out on an adventure to regions beyond Kanto where he could see all types of new pokemon he could ever dream of. He discussed it with his family and they made a deal with him that if he continued his duties on the farm until he turned 18 that they would support his decision and allow him to go on his adventure. The months went by quicker than ever as his birthday got closer. He worked hard every day going above and beyond what he had ever done before. Until the day finally came. It was his 18th birthday and Cameron was filled with excitement. His parents were already waiting for him when he came into the kitchen for breakfast. They kept their promise and they told him he was free to make his own decisions now and that if he wants to go on an adventure he is free to go. But they had 1 more surprise. They had kept a secret from Cameron for weeks. It was a pokemon egg, one of their contracts didn’t show up to pick up their egg and Cameron’s parents told him that it was his if he wanted. He gladly accepted and told his parents he would stay at home until it hatched. Only 2 weeks later the time finally came when the egg began to hatch. To Cameron’s surprise a peculiar pokemon he’d never seen before emerged. It was a little Gastly. In the following 2 weeks Cameron made his preparations to embark on a new adventure with his new companion.

Flaws: Although confident and put together on the outside, on the inside Cameron Kurona has a weak mental fortitude. He has many worries and many skepticisms. Some might say he is a “worry wart”. He isn’t completely sure of himself yet, but he has a dream that he wants to see fulfilled.

Ambitions: Cameron Kurona’s only ambition is to go on a great adventure, to experience new things and learn along the way. He dreams that one day he’ll be able to experience every region, and encounter every pokemon he possibly can.

Starter Pokemon: [ You can get any Pokemon at Level 5- so first evolutions if they evolve! No Legendaries/Mythicals ] Gastly

Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/8698718323e51716

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Cameron’s look of splendor quickly changes to a look of concern. He rushes to the little girl’s side to see whats wrong. “Don’t worry” Cameron says, “Your Meowth will be safe and sound in just a moment.” He rushes to the tree where the Meowth in stuck, he quickly begins the scale up the tree. As he nears the Meowth, it scratches at him but he guards his face as he tries to get a hold on the Meowth. He finally grabs the Meowth and quickly makes his way down the tree. Once he reaches the ground he hands the Meowth over to the girl. “Thank you so much!” the girl says as a smile takes over her face. The girl quickly runs off presumably back to her home.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Cameron greets the woman with a big smile on his face. “To be quite honest I have no idea where I will go yet.” He says as he begins to answer the woman’s questions. “I’ve just come from a small town in the Kanto region, this place is so different from my home town.” Cameron says, with a look of embarrassment. “I’ve come here in search of new experiences and an opportunity to learn about pokemon.”
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: LilChoco_ Application Form

I'm the one posting this but it was a group effort! Big thanks to the app checkers who helped- especially you Bedtime, bless.

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can a link to the installation guide in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”