Let's Start a Revolution: Revolution Radio #2

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Let's Start a Revolution: Revolution Radio #2

While adjusting your radio, you might stumble across a new broadcasting frequency. Have you heard this station before? Possibly! It normally broadcasts music, or old reruns of previous updates, but this one seemed different. It was new! Now broadcasting all over the Toro Region: A new Revolution Radio has arrived!

Welcome to Revolution Radio!

Heya listeners- Vulpes here. It's been a while since I've radioed in huh? I'm glad you guys enjoyed the re-runs and music I've managed to put out. But now it's time for a brand NEW broadcast.

See- while I was gone, my time was spent in your ranks! Yes- that's right- the WORKING CLASS ranks. And I'm actually here to praise Toro's workforce right now. The way things are right now, employees, even on minimum wage full time, there are places to rent and you can survive! It might not be pleasant- you might struggle a bit, but working with a roommate, both of us making AT LEAST minimum wage, and we could live comfortably! This is honestly fantastic but... Is it as good as it could be?

Toro's got great accommodations, and with the way rent is handled across all towns, it's really just a matter of preference in location, as well as what is available to rent. This is something all the Mayors agreed upon ages and ages ago, and it works. It keeps them from having to compete to have tenants and leaves the choice of rentals entirely up to the WORKING class. It means they don't have to cut costs, and you get a reliable living condition that's not some ratty trashy apartment with pest infestations and poor utilities.

Now- "hold on" you're probably thinking. "Vulpes, this isn't you! PRAISING the Government?" Well- yes and no. While it's true the Government mandates the minimum wage, the MAYORS are the ones to sing praises of. They made sure every town has affordable housing, and are willing to make adjustments for people if they need to. NOT the Government. And we're just starting off, listeners. Because it's not Toro's government we're beefin' with right now.

Its other nations.

Let's look at the capitalistic hellscape that is other regions. I won't name names, but you know the ones. Sure- I'm positive people can make a decent living right now- but that's not everyone, I'm sure. How many people have to work multiple jobs? People who are starving, feeding for a family of three, dual income, and unable to do it? What the actual hell is going on? These other regions could learn from Toro and its policies. And I don't just mean in the economics! Let's look at civil duties! Whenever a crisis hits another region, Toro has a history of helping our fellows because it was in the goodness of our hearts to do so- and we had the means to do so! Yet I look at my own home region. We're under fire from terrorists? Where's InterPol? Where's the relief efforts when MANY were forced out of house and home during the Noirelia! Who was helping with relocation efforts, temporary housing, food, water, and medical care? Not other regions! WE were! Our own people pitched in, banded together, and helped our own! At OUR OWN expense! Yet when Groudon and Kyogre choose our region as a fighting ground, and other regions are caught by splash-back effects, we're to blame? These regions have the AUDACITY to blame us for issues that happen to originate in our region, accept our help and support, and then spit in our faces whenever we need it!

I say no more. I know that this is a primarily anarchistic radio, and I severely doubt any Governmental or Mayoral officials are listening- but I implore you, I beseech you, please do not offer these regions any more help! When they clearly are in the pocket of corporate fat-cats, or are clearly too self-absorbed to ever lend help to us, we should pay them in kind. I'm not saying we shouldn't help them if they ask for it. If people are suffering, and we are reached out towards, we should extend our hand back in kindness. However, we should not be extending them first anymore. It's not fair to us, to our people, to ever divert our time, resources, or efforts to other regions who would not do the same. Not as selflessly as we have been. Those efforts should go back into improving our our own region. Improving our centralized transportation around the region, improving our schools, improving our homes! Raise minimum wage! Let's give people more money to save! Let's show these motherfuckers what a REAL region who cares about their people looks like! A region that actually cares about the world!

Let's start a Revolution.

I'll leave you with a quote from author Roy T. Bennett: "Life is too short to waste your time on people who don't respect, appreciate, and value you." Please remember that- in all things. Not just this.

Seek the truth. Be informed. Vulpes: Signing off.

Return to “Toro Media”