FluffyBristle's Whitelist Application

FluffyBristle
MC name: FluffyBristle

FluffyBristle's Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: FluffyBristle
Discord Username: fluffy bristle#2051
Where did you hear about us: A friend who’s thinking of applying.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! I’m Fluffy! I’ve done MCRP for about 2 years now, but never in this sort of setting and I am absolutely EXCITED to try it out! I draw, I write, and I love designing characters.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is much like playing a part in a theater production- but instead of having your lines written for you, you write your own lines! You play a part in real time- improvising as you go.
What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is taking knowledge that you know OOC and applying it in an IC scenario. For example, Billy’s friend Bob gets attacked in character, and Bob tells Billy out of character, where Billy’s character would have no idea it was happening. Despite this, Billy comes to save the day.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Powergaming/godmodding is the action of playing your character too powerful, and not giving the other party a chance to react to anything. An example would just be emoting that you kill someone without giving them a chance to react.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
A retcon is taking something that has happened in RP and rolling it back. Also known as voiding. For example, someone dies in character, but the next day OOC day the character is alive because the action that killed the character was retconned.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-Character is specifically in the character’s world. In this case it would be the world of Toro. Out Of Character is our world. Things that happen in character shouldn’t affect relations out of character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
2 years of MCRP!

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Holly Wren Olwen
Appearance: With long dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, Holly is a nice looking lady. Typically, she wears warmer clothing due to being from Icirrus City in Unova, with harsh winters common in the area. Upon her head is a beret, brown with a white stripe through it. She also wears a trench coat, light brown in color that goes a little past her knees. The most notable, though, is her blue bandanna she wears around her neck.
Personality: Holly is a curious woman, her eyes always seeming to be on the world around her. She constantly keeps a journal nearby and can be seen writing and sketching ideas in it constantly as she grabs inspiration from the world. She tends to be playful yet mature, able to crack jokes. Despite this, she can be rather timid, and is wrapped up more in the world of Pixelmon. She’s rather awkward with people but loves to interact with them.
Biography: Holly Olwen comes from Icirrus City in the Unova region, coming from a loving family. She has grown up always loving the theater in Nimbasa City, dreaming to participate in some of the shows. To follow this dream she went to school to learn how to design fashion. She knows how to sew outfits and where to get good fabric, things like that. She designs clothing specifically for pixelmon. Her reasoning for coming to Toro is to learn more about fashion- having been a homebody most of her life she hasn't really traveled, let alone got out there in her own pursuits. She met Piper by chance when she was young- a young lillipup and a young Holly out in the cold winter of Icirrus. Saving the young Lillipup from the cold, Holly and Piper were forever bonded, and Holly did her best to make sure her new pixelmon was loved and cared for.
Flaws: She’s timid, and struggles with people. Her head is always in the clouds somewhat, and she is often disconnected from reality.
Ambitions: She wishes to become a famous pixelmon fashion designer- able to design clothes for pixelmon all over the world.
Starter Pixelmon: Her trusty Lillipup, named Piper.
Skin:Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Holly rips her eyes away from her journal to look at the small girl, seeming a bit shocked that she of all people was asked for help. ‘Um. I suppose.’ She said, gesturing for the girl to lead onwards. Once lead to the tree, Holly would sigh, beginning to take off her more expensive clothing. ‘Alright, um… I’ll be back in a moment!’ She offers a nervous smile down to the little girl, before beginning to climb the tree. One, two, three, four, she thinks of a rhythm in her head as she begins to climb. The Meowth cries at her, startling her and she loses her rhythm, falling down a little bit to the sidewalk. Holly groans, glad she took off her more expensive clothing, before trying again. Eventually, she is able to make it to the top and deliver the Meowth safely down to the girl (although climbing was a whole different ordeal- it was more like ‘falling’ and making sure the meowth was safe).

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Holly sweats as she realizes she’s been challenged to a battle, as she is a trainer but not really oriented towards battle. ‘I… am sorry, but I don’t really… battle.’ As the other trainer looks at her confused, Holly takes a few steps backwards. She stares at the other trainer, much like a deer caught in headlights, before speaking again. ‘Can I go?’ As the opposing trainer offers an awkward nod, Holly quickly speedwalks off. She quietly beats herself up over how awkward the interaction was.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: FluffyBristle's Whitelist Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”