KingCryptid/KinoTakagi Whitelist Application

KingCryptid
MC name: King_Cryptid_0

KingCryptid/KinoTakagi Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: King_Cryptid_0
Discord Username: (If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to) King_Cryptid_0#5975
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one) While looking on Technic for Pixelmon RP servers, I found information about Toro. When looking at the website, I was intrigued and decided to apply.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m an animation major in community college, I like to play D&D, and I’m currently on the event team on a server called Book of Ventura (possibly joining Lore team in the future)

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
It’s essentially taking on the persona of another character as a form of entertainment (or escapism for most*), usually rping with others in a pre established setting.
(I use escapism loosely because it can be used as such, but for some it’s a hobby)
What is meta-gaming?
Using information that isn’t available to your character (IC) and using it to your advantage. For example if there’s a trainer around the corner and you’re about to round that corner without knowing they’re there, it’s considered meta-gaming to then reflexibly stop and avoid them.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
It’s overpowering another player’s actions or giving yourself invincibility to any repercussions or weaknesses. Essentially giving yourself the upperhand in any situation, which overall ruins the enjoyment of others around you. I can’t just say I dodge every attack because that’s entirely unlikely.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
Taking established information and rolling it back to either rework or entirely remove that information, usually happening if it contradicts or complicates established lore. Possibly voiding information whilst replacing it with something that fits. Like if actions contradict one another, it’s best to retcon that information.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-Character (IC) is described as being any actions committed by the character themselves. Talking in-character, battling in-character, or doing any other action likely falls in the lines of in-character.
Out-Of-Character is anything that the player does or needs to convey. Such as asking questions about any sort of lore or actions, perhaps talking to other players directly. But it’s entirely not the actions of the character itself, that is specifically IC.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I roleplay often on Book of Ventura, a fantasy RP minecraft server. As I’ve established, I’m also currently working on their teams to help improve the server’s experience.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Kino Takagi

Appearance: Kino has black hair that tufts up on every side but more noticeably in front of his face. He's got bright emerald green eyes full of excitement and wonder. His face is dusted lightly with freckles, which do get more noticeable with his rosy like cheeks when he's happy. As for his clothes, he wears a well-worn pink and white striped sweater over a white collar shirt and black jeans. Lastly he has a pair of pink running shoes that are similarly well worn, assuming that he got both of them around the same time.

Personality: Kino is incredibly child-like and high energy, he also has an almost natural charisma. Although that leads to him over-explaining himself to others and talking exclusively about his interests.
Ever since he was a kid, he had a fascination with Pixelmon- Always eager and enthusiastic. He finds every Pixelmon to be either adorable or amazing, sometimes getting too close to the action to observe their nature.
While he generally has a passive attitude towards battling, since he doesn’t want to “rough up such cute Pixelmon”, he’s not opposed to it. If it means he gets to witness a cute pokemon or observe an amazing battle, then he’ll commit to it.

Biography: Kino was born in Goldenrod City, but grew up in Ecruteak City in Johto. He moved to Ecruteak with his brother Pierre, who helped foster his love for Pixelmon. His brother was very similar to him, except he loathed to battle and preferred competitions. But one thing that they have in common was their Pixelmon partners. When Pierre caught his now Clefable as a Clefairy then, their "little sibling" Cleffa tagged along! Naturally Cleffa was given to Kino to take care of, as a companion and long lasting friend. He only started training with it around when he was 14, although Cleffa wasn't that strong as a Pixelmon. They've barely been able to win any battles as it is, mostly because Kino was more interested in Pixelmon photography than battling.
Kino stayed in Ecruteak up until his 16th birthday, where he decided to move to the Toro region on his own. His main goal was to explore the region to discover all kinds of Pixelmon and take pictures to show off. After all, there's a greater variety of Pixelmon in the Toro Region! But another motive is just to learn from other trainers and help Cleffa get stronger, so it can evolve and show its full potential. He's also interested in opening an exhibit in the Toro Region to show off his pictures.

Flaws: He’s extremely naive and trusting, not able to see the repercussions most actions might have against him.
Ambitions: He wants to become a Master Pixelmon Photographer so he can get a chance to see every adorable Pixelmon in the world. His goal is to take a picture of every Pixelmon in the Pokedex (Perhaps legendaries if he can). He doesn’t so much care about catching Pixelmon, he just wants to take pictures of them. He dreams of opening various exhibits for every type of Pixelmon, showing off them in their natural habitats and how amazing they could be!
Starter Pixelmon: [ You can get any Pokemon at Level 5- so first evolutions if they evolve! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]
Cleffa
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
[img]https://imgur.com/a/5VCmYDQ/img]

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
“Help? Well sure!” Kino says as he pulls out a Pixelball. He tosses it into the air, letting out his Cleffa. He points ahead of him at the tree, “Cleffa! Use Pound!” He shouts. The Pixelmon nods as it charges the tree, using its body to slam against the tree. The tree wobbles at the impact, throwing the Meowth off balance. Kino panics as he watches the cat start to fall. He runs forward and dives, “NO!”. He slides on his stomach, his face colliding with the tree. The Meowth lands on its paws, right on his back. He looks up with a painful smile, “I’m glad you’re okay!... Owww…”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Kino gives a cheery grin as he holds his Cleffa in his arms, “Sure! My name is Kino Takagi and I’m from Ecrateak! And this is my partner Cleffa.” The boy holds up the Pixelmon proudly. “As for where I’m going… We don’t have a set location!” He laughs as he scratches the back of his neck. “I’m just looking for every Pixelmon out there-” He digs into his pocket and holds up his phone, “So I can take a picture!”. He starts cycling through dozens of pictures of Cleffa as he talks, “I love Pixelmon and I want to show people how amazing they can be! So that’s why I’m taking pictures of all of them!” He puts the phone away and stands proudly, “I hope everyone can see my pictures and appreciate how cute they are! That’s my dream!”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
“A battle??” He says, his legs starting to shake. His Cleffa isn’t very good at battling but he can sense the determination from his Pixelmon’s Pixelball. He smiles as he tosses the ball in the air, “We’d love to battle you! Give it your best shot, Cleffa!” He shouts. The Cleffa appears and turns to smile at him, but it’s suddenly tackled by the Rattata! He yelps as Cleffa tumbles to his feet… Completely knocked out by a critical hit! He laughs nervously as he puts them back into the Pixelball, “I guess not… Good battle!” He says as he hands the winnings to the trainer.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: KingCryptid/KinoTakagi Whitelist Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”