StrangeScotty Whitelist Application

StrangeScotty
MC name: StrangeScotty

StrangeScotty Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: StrangeScotty
Discord Username: StrangeScotty#8407
Where did you hear about us: DontFearTheReapa / River told me about it while they were applying themselves!
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey I'm StrangeScotty because I am strange and Scottish, no my name isn't Scott but you can call me that to make things easier (I don't like my real name anyway). Roleplay, pokemon and minecraft have been a huge part of my life for a very long time and I am actually a little sad it's taken me this long to discover this amazing server.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is a form of collaborative storytelling where the narrative is shared among a community rather than controlled by a single writer. This allows one to more deeply immerse themselves in the story and possibly truly see themselves as the character they portray which helps provide an excellent escape from this boring reality.
What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is the use of out of character information to influence in character events which can be giving that character the information of changing their actions according to the information.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? Power-gaming / god-modding is where a roleplayer takes control of the narrative to either do things that would be otherwise impossible or forces other characters to do things. This defeats the purpose of roleplay by acting as an all controlling god like figure as they would be if they were writing a story alone and can worsen the experience for other players.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): I'm not entirely sure of the exact definition but I believe retcon is to retroactively change the continuity by changing details of events prior which can be explained or unexplained. This can either be helpful if those involved in the roleplay agree to it but is generally harmful and a form of god-modding if they don't.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In character refers to that which happens within the narrative of the roleplay and out of character refers to that which is outside of the narrative.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? I actually have a lot of experience playing on roleplay servers and have even taught a few people how to roleplay on them. I spent many years of my life playing on naruto and tokyo ghoul roleplay servers although I don't typically accomplish much as the narrative can be too competitive and power scaling is typically tied to donations and events set to an american timezone.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Scott Wright
Appearance: Scott is a 21 year old man who stands at around 6'1 with slate blue eyes and soft yet powerful features. Scott's perpetually shaggy sandy blonde hair with a newly grown scruffy bear to match.
Typically he likes to wear a green T-Shirt with a red neckerchief and a brown leather jacket covering his powerful back and arm muscles while stretched over his somewhat pudgy belly.
He also likes to wear a simple pair of blue jeans and thick, comfortable treaded brown leather boots and a simple black belt.
When working in a professional kitchen however Scott switches to a standard chef's uniform with the addition of a facemask to fully cover his beard and a hairnet for his shaggy beard.

Personality: Scott is a very dedicated person; dedicated towards his dream, his work, his pixelmon and his community.
He's typically very selfless, caring more about what he can do for other people than about himself as the kindness of others has helped save his life.
Overall he's quite generous and caring especially with food as he believes no one should ever have to go without a proper meal.
Similarly he is also always grateful, grateful for the life he has lived and for any food you give him no matter what, sometimes to his own detriment as he will willingly eat something harmful to show his appreciation.
Lastly Scott tends to engage with the world around him in very physical ways, usually being very physically active and energetic, being physically expressive and showing affection through physical contact.

Biography:
Scott was born to a young farming couple in Carnford, Avalon. Even as a child Scott always showed a never ending enthusiasm towards cooking so when he turned 16 and could legally drop out of school he did so without hesitation to travel the world and learn about many different cultures and cuisines.
Over 5 years Scott worked in various cafes and restaurants to pay to travel through Kalos, Galar, Emmones, Alola, Sinnoh and Tiānguo. During these travels Scott received a pixelmon egg that hatched into his starting pixelmon: Pekoe, the sinistea. After receiving a trainer license Scott and Pekoe have become more comfortable with battling and set their sights on a new destination: Toro!

Flaws: Never being particularly academically focused Scott doesn't know stuff or things he hasn't directly experienced himself.
Ambitions: Scott hopes to one day open an intercontinental cuisine restaurant.
Starter Pixelmon: Pekoe - An ordinary sized bashful antique sinistea.
Skin:
https://imgur.com/LqcSGiD
https://imgur.com/pqDulnP

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

*Almost immediately Scott crouches down to the girl's level upon hearing the distress in her voice and offers a warm smile. "Don't worry little one, meowth make excellent climbers and they've probably just spooked themselves. How about you tell me what they likes to eat and we'll see if we can't coax them down hmm?"
Reaching into his bag he takes out a pack of tissues and a small bag of muffins before offering them to the girl. "If it doesn't work then I promise I'll climb up there and fetch them myself, deal?"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

*Scott sighs initially, hoping he could avoid getting into any battles today before noticing their rattata and chuckling slightly. "I'm really sorry bud, I see that you've been training hard and are eager to see how far it's taken you but I'm afraid our pixelmon won't make for an accurate test!" He calls out in an understanding tone, reaching into his pocket to take out his own Pixelball and throwing it to the ground to reveal his sinistea Pekoe before crouching down next to it.
"My little buddy here only knows a ghost type move which won't do anything to your rattata who in turn probably can't do anything to my pixelmon unless they know bite or pursuit which means it would be too one sided. Perhaps we can settle this another way?"
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: StrangeScotty Whitelist Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”