Tatum application

neotheropod
MC name: neotheropod

Tatum application

Minecraft Username: @neotheropod
Discord Username: duncan#9870
Where did you hear about us: I found you off of a Minecraft forum! It was an old post. I think around 2019.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi! I’m Dai, I’m an English Lit student from the UK. I’ve been roleplaying for as long as I can remember and I’ve loved Pokemon for even longer than that. (:

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?
I think of roleplaying as something relaxing to slip into a character’s shoes. It’s like writing a novel, but with all the fat cut out.
What is meta-gaming?
Using real-world/OOC knowledge in roleplay, or situations where your character wouldn’t know something you do.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Not giving the person you’re roleplaying with a change to react. Like saying “kills someone”, instead of “tries to kill someone”.
What is retroactive continuity?
A continuity that happens entirely in the past, and that can be changed after it’s happened. It encourages fluidity and a sense of a living character, because when you meet someone you’ll never know everything about them immediately. An example might be adding in the specific subject a character studied in college, a few months after you mentioned they went to college.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is you playing the character. Out-of-character is you, talking to someone else out-of-character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Yep! I previously roleplayed on a Warrior Cats Minecraft server.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Tatum Shaye Fischer
Appearance: A tall, skinny man with bronze skin and a bleached buzzcut, Tatum hails from Castelia City - and you can tell in the way he dresses. Typical outfits on an average day wouldn’t be out of place in Castelia, a bustling hubbub for art and decor, but for the sparse geography near where he lives in the town of Adamas it’s a little more unwieldy. He wears a gray crop top with a pink-purple Castelia print over a mesh bodysuit that reaches halfway up his neck, and a denim jacket over it. Outside during the colder seasons he pulls on a large black duffel coat and beanie. He makes sure to upkeep a “woke up like this” appearance, common for the other young adults of his hometown. He wears heavy black boots.
A large, lightning-bolt scar winds down his back and legs.
Personality: He’s snappy, uptight, and he prefers to keep to himself. It’s not hard to see why he thrives so well in Castelia where many won’t give you the time of day, whether they be thoughtful creatives or not. The simple quiet nature of Adamas’ residents are relaxing to him; he enjoys the sense of community that the city can’t quite grasp and their warmth and tenacity. His new surroundings and Emolga are beginning to chip at his hardened exterior, and he’s found himself being less stressed lately.
Biography: Tatum grew up with his father in a small, Pixelmon-less apartment high among the concrete landscape of Castelia. While he loved the hustle and bustle of the city, his childhood was overshadowed by a constant wariness of Pixelmon that had risen from his estranged mother’s Emolga attacking him as a baby. He wanted nothing to do with his friends’ Pixelmon, not even as they graduated to high school, and Tatum’s disdain became his isolating factor from everyone else he knew.
When his father eventually got a Lillipup of his own behind Tatum’s back at the age of 19, he decided it was nigh time to move out to his own apartment in Castelia, and started a career as an artist depicting the sightlines of the city he’d grown up watching.
This became his full-time work for the next seven years - up until two weeks months ago, where he heard his mother, living in Toro, was on her deathbed.
It was time to put his feelings behind him. When he arrived in Adamas to find that his mother had already passed - and along with her the Emolga that had so badly affected him as a child, killed by heartbreak - it finally dawned on him that he’d never see her again. He didn’t know what to think as he ran his fingers over the small house’s bungalow, dust collecting in their wake, with the medical team rushing about the house behind him to prepare for the things to come.
And then an older lady from the medical team tapped him on the back. Tatum turned around, a scowl already strewn on his face, which turned into something more perplexed as he looked down - in her arms was a small Emolga, wrapped in a thick wool blanket. “She’s the baby of your mothers’ Pixelmon,” the woman said.
Something within him clicked. He was given the key to the Adamas bungalow and the Emolga’s Pokeball. The rational side of him told him to sell the house, give the Emolga to a sanctuary for someone else to raise. Stepping out he watched snow fall across the wintery Toro landscape and another part of him wanted to stay.
The Emolga was let loose from the Pokeball. Over the past following days, she’s wanted nothing to do with him, distraught from the passing of her mother and the trainer that had once been her own. And while even now the two of them butt heads, Tatum doesn’t regret canceling the flight back to Unova.
He’s still exploring Toro. It’s an interesting place.
Flaws: He’s cold and, while he doesn’t like Pixelmon, he’s willing to put up with them for the sake of their trainers. It’s something he’s starting to get over with Emolga in his life.
Ambitions: He’s not really sure at the moment. While he continues to make art in Toro, mostly of the Adamas wilderness, he’s just existing. Pixelmon training is not something that he’s never considered pursuing - but up until a short while ago he never thought he’d own one either. The future can hold anything.
Starter Pixelmon: A female Emolga, Naughty nature and only a few months old. Her fur has grown out a little for the unforgiving Adamas cold.
Skin:

-Open Response Questions-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

It’s not a situation he’s met with often. Incredulous, he stares at her, before following her finger to the direction of the tree where a tiny beige form hangs on a branch for dear life. Well, he’s not happy about it, but.. He rolls his eyes, grumbles a little, but walks over to the tree to stretch out his hands for the Meowth to fall into. “Here, kitty! You’re alright. Come here.” His words are reassuring to the Pixelmon; his tenor, evidently, is not, and the Meowth seems hesitant to trust him, ceasing its cries for just one second to scowl.
For the briefest moment he considers the Pokeball containing Emolga at his side, but she’s probably sleeping, and she’s grouchy when she’s tired, no help at all.
“I’m here to help. Come here, kitty.” It’s not by the Pixelmon’s own intuition that it falls into his palms - it slips, loses its footing, and with a cry it’s caught in his hands. “See, that wasn’t so bad.” He hands it to the young girl promptly, almost forcefully, and while she sniffs and snivels, she thanks him as he continues down the route.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Tatum walks past her. He’s used to this; keep your head down, don’t make eye contact, she’ll ignore you. Some geography student looking for people to answer a survey, a cop weeding out suspicious newcomers into the region, it doesn’t matter - if he moves on, she will too. And so she does, just like clockwork, and starts questioning the unlucky soul behind him. If she gets paid to do this (he assumes, they usually do), she wants to be here no more than he does, which is not a lot.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Tatum application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”