Sabrina's Application

Sophie
MC name: Szofiya

Sabrina's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Szofiya
Where did you hear about us: Google
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 26-year-old woman working as a secretary in the health and social care sector. Besides Pokémon, I enjoy reading, anime & manga, casual gaming, and musical theatre. I used to enjoy a bit of roleplaying when I was a teenager and while I was searching for a Pixelmon server, I found you guys. It wasn’t the server I set out to find, but I think it looks very interesting and I’d like to try it at least once..

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the act of performing an imaginative or hypothetical role. In what capacity depends on the context, but in internet culture it refers to an activity engaged by one or more persons wherein those involved create a shared story by assuming the roles of characters. Through these characters, participants speak and act in a fictional world.

What is meta-gaming?
This refers to scenarios where roleplayers utilise knowledge obtained outside of the established roleplay to influence their character’s behaviour, typically to their benefit.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? This refers to roleplaying behaviour that disregards the actions and/or consent of a fellow roleplayer. This could mean taking actions as another roleplayer’s character or ignoring another roleplayer’s reaction to a scenario, for example. Power-gaming/god-modding have also been used to refer to a character who violates boundaries of power in a story, such as a character who is miraculously able to dodge bullets and simultaneously never misses an attack..

What is retroactive continuity? This refers to a character whose personality, backstory, or otherwise any feature is changed or retconned after being established.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC refers to actions and dialogue made by a roleplayer’s character in the context of the story. Once made, both are recognised as being canon to the roleplay. OOC is the opposite and is anything that happens outside of the roleplay experience.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Yes, I used to roleplay sometimes on the Gaia Online forum, and some select roleplay servers on the amateur game making site, BYOND.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Sabrina Green
Appearance:

A pale, rangy young woman whose tall frame resolves into a mess of dark brown hair, arranged into a bob. Her chubby, freckled cheeks hug a pair of dark eyes, shocking against the white of her skin and framed by an overgrown fringe. Despite her height, her short vertical line and baby-faced features lend her the appearance of a girl several years her junior.

Smartly dressed in a crisp white blouse and knitted, green sweater-vest, she looks ready for business, though the pink ribbon adorning her collar betrays her girlish nature. With a swish and flick of her pleated skirt, she moves briskly and purposefully.

Personality:
Impulsive, brash, and goal-oriented, most of Sabrina’s time is spent working towards objectives. Day-to-day life comprises of a series of goals that must be reached – attending work, shopping for groceries, cooking, visiting family, spending time with friends; obligations every productive member of society must bear. Deep down, what she truly desires is a life free of her responsibilities, such thoughts that conjure up blissful memories of a long-ago time when nothing mattered, and no one meant anything. No one, of course, except her mother. Behind every step she takes, every target she meets, is a longing for reprieve, a rest – she lives so that one day she can rest.

Biography:
She was born on the coast of southern Avalon to a family without means. She never starved, but she never had much either. As a child, her mother had been the most important person in her life, but circumstances had her realise that the reverse might not be the same. Disillusioned with the tenuous connections of family and friends, as she grew up, the hole inside her grew in equal measure. Attempting to fill this absence, she chose a career that would have her care for others, but this venture would leave her equally as unfulfilled – everyone leaves in the end. Eventually, life became a series of problems to be solved until eventually, she realised she had lost sight of the answer to life’s biggest question – why do we live? It’s for this reason she’s left her past and who she was behind her. With the last shred of her affection she cares for her family pet, Betsy, as she searches for her place in the world.

Flaws: Sometimes she can be callous. She’s so focused on her goals she loses sight of what’s in front of her. In her desperation for true connection, she can be quick to trust.

Ambitions: To live a life free of responsibilities and hardship. To find a reason to live.

Starter Pixelmon: Skitty

Skin:

Scenario 1
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks.

Reflexively, Sabrina offers her what she hopes is a small, comforting smile. As long as the girl doesn’t look too deeply into her eyes, the smile should seem genuine. Despite having worked with children as part of her career, she can’t help but harbour a passive dislike. Perhaps its their unfiltered innocence?

“Or maybe I’m just a bad person.” she thinks wryly to herself.

Kneeling to the eye level with the girl, she gently takes her small hand in her own.

“Go on then. Lead the way.”

Scenario 2
You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you.

A blink. Then another. It takes Sabrina a few moments to really process what she has just witnessed. It takes her another to realise she’s expected to respond.

“Oh, no. No, I’m not a trainer.” she smiles dryly as she swiftly scoops her Skitty safely into her arms. Did she really look like a Pixelmon trainer? “Sorry, Betsy is just my pet.”

Though she offered an apology, if the boy didn’t reciprocate, there may be a battle after all, though not one the trainer had in mind.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Sabrina's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”