Easter Egg Decorating - the contest // WINNERs

Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Easter Egg Decorating - the contest // WINNERs

[transparent egg base] / [pixel egg base]
= = = = = = = =
In light of the upcoming holiday, I thought it'd be fun to decorate some eggs digitally! I've never really painted them before, but I know it's a pretty fun tradition. It'd been a while since our last contest as well, so let's do this!

The Contest
  • Design an Easter Egg onto either of the bases above. Nothing in specific, it can be Pokemon theme'd, OC theme'd, you whatever you want! That's all! You can do a traditional cute Easter egg design too! Winners will be picked by me & Misha - so literally everybody else is allowed to enter.
Da Rules
  • - You can make as many as you want, and you are free to share them - since that's fun - but you can only enter two into the contest!
  • - Please specify which two you're entering & please name them!
  • - Post entrees on this thread, use spoilers for images, and please edit your post if you have more aygs to share.
  • - Use the bases above! You're free to shrink it, expand it, add wings or accessories onto it, but it must be that egg base.
  • - Only 1 egg per person will win.
What We're Judging
The Prizes
Here's what you've been waiting for, the prizes!
  • - Participation prize: EGG TS badge. - Lasts until the end of the month, longer might just get annoying.
  • - Other Prizes: Art / MC Skin / TS Badge / Whatever you want that I can give?
    Depending on how many entrees there are, there might be a first, second, or even third place! They'll get a choice of prizes, with first place getting first pick and so on.
    - Prizes can be transferable / For the Art prize, what you get depends on Misha & Me at the time, we can discuss it when you win.
The DEADLINE
ENDS: April 15th- 11:59 PM EST
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Easter Egg Decorating - the contest // ends 15th

Some tips for when you're designing your eggs!

• Making horizontal and vertical lines have a small curve instead of straight across could make it a bit nicer since it adds a bit of depth.
• Avoid the overly bright/neon colours! They will do nothing more than stick out and hurt people's eyes.
• MSpaint Specific Tips...
  • - Holding down 'shift' when doing the shapes will make shapes scale properly! So instead of having oblong shapes it will help make perfect squares/circles/etc.
    - Shift will also make lines perfect straight lines when working with the line tool, or making the points for the curve one.
    - When drawing with a pencil, holding shift will make it follow the grid and do perfect lines as well. To note, when you let go of shift it'll make a line from where the line ended to wherever your mouse is now.
    - Transparent selection is a thing! If you click the arrow beneath select and click 'transparent selection' it'll treat white as transparent from what I can tell. So when you're done with your egg you can put that on and paste in the egg and it'll put the black outline over to make your egg line all nice and neat!.
    - Make sure to use the pencil tool and not the brush tool so the bucket fills in properly.

Now for an egg that I did for fun! It's not really too fitting for an easter egg and it isn't even that good a design, but shh oh well.
Also, have some joke eggs. Please enjoy.
Rosy

EGGSCUM
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Here have a crappy egg
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

I don't have a lot of time, so this'll probably be my only entry, but... yeah!

Hmm... a title... Sunrise in Spring? Seems suitable, sure.
EDIT:
And I had the idea, so I now have the Toro Egg to be entering too. Tried to manipulate it to have a bit of a bulge, like it was pushed out at the center and in around the sides, but... oh well. I had fun.
Last edited by Chakurano on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

I decided to make two special little eggs for Mish, which I am now entering into the contest.
The first I like to call: Egg?
The second: Beegg
EchoArtz
MC name: EchoArtz

I've been on a bit of an art hiatus, but I decided to enter this~
So I'm calling these "Town of the Sea" or guess you could call it "Yolk of the sea"? (that actually sounds gross, never mind).
Either way, here are my entries, based on the city of Cobalt:
Standard Version More "Eggy" Version? Bonus picture because I am a nerd (Some babs with eggs that will be appearing in Toro one day)
Last edited by EchoArtz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffmagius
MC name: tiffmagius

discord: tiffy#4730
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

I've uh, never been the best artist, so please forgive my lack of artistic skill in this one! I decided to make Nebby, who changed it's gas form to be shaped like a happy Easter egg, so it could get in the Easter spirit! The blue around the egg is the gas cloud!
happy little egg cloud
Rosy

all eggcellent submissions so far!
Don't worry, this is a design contest, not an art contest. well designing designs is kinda artsy but. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. We will be judging mostly on design & the other two things listed on the first post. So those who want to design a mroe traditional looking Easter Egg, you still have a chance to win!
If you want your egg, please notify me, misha, kc, or any other TS mod!

Return to “Entertainment Archives”