My concerns with Toro.

Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Re: My concerns with Toro.

Chakurano wrote:
Portalgunblaze wrote: Damn I'm writing a lot of replies.
Let's see, first. Although you may have had a good expierence joining these groups, others have not. I'm sorry I'm going to have to namedrop another person. But a good friend of mine, T0MANATOR99, who I believe is one of the greatest friends I have ever made, was the person I was talking about for last nights event. He really tried to get involved, but his attempts were shutdown, this isn't the firsttime this has happened. Just because with one person it goes well, that doesn't mean it goes well with everyone. It would be best to thrive for more rp for our new members. Stuff can always be improved.

And I already answered all others I think -shrug-
Alright, so... I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but I'm struggling to understand this. Are you saying this is an issue the staff have to deal with? Or is it that this is an issue for the whole community? Because there were plenty of non-staff there, and this was an event with "RP hotspots" like you suggested a while back. So I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to suggest here.
I'm trying to say this is a issue for the whole community, not just the staff. If I did not make this clear, I appologise. Also, the RP hotspots, as I think I made clear in one of my replies, was not my idea and I made it obvious I knew that these were already happening.
leafy
MC name: Leafofthecats

hi, im leaf and welcome to my post about my concerns about toro
As most of you have probably forgotten who I am by now, I used to be really into Toro for about a month or so. I thought it was perfect at first. I went in with my oldest (in terms of how long I've had him), most outgoing, friendly character in order to get myself involved in the community, because this isn't my first rodeo. I've been through the process of getting into a community before and on Toro, it wasn't nearly as easy as it was elsewhere, because elsewhere, people were around to roleplay with. On Toro, people mostly seem to ever only be on for events. The map is huge with no definitive "place to go" for roleplay, or any places where people just... hang out. It was so hard to get myself involved in roleplay, and not for lack of trying. People really just aren't willing to rp with you after you've stopped being "new" and started being "background noise", and more importantly, they aren't around.
Also, there's some issues with rule enforcement and there's some unsavory people saying unsavory things. I only have one screenshot of it, but it's happened more than that. I am not coherent enough to write any more, but let it be known I was thinking about making this post myself. There's more I know I'll get some negative feedback for this, but this is just my experience with Toro, and it wasn't a good one.
Foska
MC name: Foska

If we want more involvement with new players then everyone should occasionally try and go meet new players.

Same for you Portal since I mostly see you sitting around your farm on what's her face.

I dunno really, I try with Markus sometimes but I can't greet everyone, since I am super lazy.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Foska wrote:If we want more involvement with new players then everyone should occasionally try and go meet new players.

Same for you Portal since I mostly see you sitting around your farm on what's her face.

I dunno really, I try with Markus sometimes but I can't greet everyone, since I am super lazy.
I actually do try to rp with new players when I can, but I mostly can't because I'm either not online while these people are online, I have no reason to rp with them(No IC reason, though I try to make one up from time to time). I usually spend most time on my Jade account at my farm, because I stand afk there while I'm on my alts, gotta grow them crops and let dem pixelmon do the do.

I will be trying to improve how much I rp with people I don't know or are new, so I hope that answers your own concerns.
Also, I rp'd with you as well when I didn't know you well, since I saw you just sit in Tyrian all day doing not much. And heck, that caused a short relationship between our characters, so yeah. I do try and rp with new people.
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

leafy wrote:Also, there's some issues with rule enforcement and there's some unsavory people saying unsavory things. I only have one screenshot of it, but it's happened more than that. I am not coherent enough to write any more, but let it be known I was thinking about making this post myself. There's more I know I'll get some negative feedback for this, but this is just my experience with Toro, and it wasn't a good one.
Please, please, please, PLEASE. This isn't my first rodeo either. I have been staff on other servers, and watched a major one go through SO MANY ISSUES because of this one thing. People aren't able to read minds or see everything. If you see anything questionable or downright 'nope', PLEASE contact someone! There is an entire RTMP that is active, and it is their job to help. Or if none are on, contact whoever is the highest ranking person on server, they likely have their skype contacts and can at least provide some aid, even if it's a 'I will pass this along'. Hell, if I'm online, let ME know. I got hte skype contacts, I can harass like a pro. :)
Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

leafy wrote: Also, there's some issues with rule enforcement and there's some unsavory people saying unsavory things. I only have one screenshot of it, but it's happened more than that.
If there are any issues with inconsistent rule enforcement, please bring it up via forum PM, skype, or on the server itself with a GM. They take that very seriously.

Furthermore, as long as I'm posting: Please try to stay calm when posting. Not accusing anyone of anything, just a general warning.
Salsa80
MC name: Salsa80

Alright I've been sitting here stewing just reading some of this and now I want to put in my two cents, so a warning in advanced, if you don't want to be mad or hate me, avoid reading this. To start off, the only complaint I actually agree with is that yes, RP can be hard to find at times, but we all have the ability to, let's say, go visit this town, why? He wants a *bleep* *bleep* pizza. OOC reason? because there's a group of people and I want to RP. It's. That. *Bleeping* Simple. Are there cliche's? *Bleep* yea because everyone has people they're more comfy RPING with. I'm going to dash myself here for this example because I complain a lot. I'm shy in role play at times unless I'm with friends, and honestly my most detailed RP comes when I RP with said friends. So the BEST thing you can do if you really want to go out and find RP, look at the Dynamap, find a group of people, make sure they're in a town, get a buddy and go visit them. Then boom, new friends and RP. Holy *Bleep* it's so simple. Now I've been in Toro for a long time, and I can honestly say I've never been exempted from an RP except once, and that was when it was a pre-planned private Rp between a small group of friends that just wanted to have a picnic. Hey that's cool. Would you truly invite some random old guy stranger to your picnic that flew by on a giant metagross with a police badge? Yea me neither.

Now as for the major families. HAHAHAHA. When my character was just a newbie cop with no power and wasn't even a detective yet, he was given OOC permission to shut down the major families (Minus Tom because he's comissioner) during times of crisis or law enforcement. The major families are ways for the staff to get involved in RP. If the staff made major families with other normal players, or if a normal player became a major family, people would still complain and moan. This is literally the best (Ok maybe not the BEST) way for staff to be influence figures we can look up to in RP and OOC. They don't have a lot of power OOC aside from being rich nuggets.

Last nights event was absolutely *bleeping* amazing and I was sad it ended when it did. Everyone, EVERYONE, got to be included in EVERYONE'S rp. There weren't any cliche's and EVERYONE got to talk and have fun with EVERYONE else. Noone was shut down in RP attempts. At friggin all. That is 100% false in every aspect.

Noone caring about you when you're not new anymore? Bro. I'm old as *Bleep*, a lot of people on here are old as *Bleep* And people still care about them. And no, not the staff members. I'm talking veteran players that go out of their way to have fun with everyone else. If you just sit in one place no *Bleep* you're not going to get RP. That's not how it works my friend.

MAKE AN IC REASON TO GO OUT AND MEET PEOPLE. It's not hard. And noone will call you out on it. Jesus I saw someone way over in the ice caves I've never met, and I pmed them asking if they'd mind if I just showed up for RP. it's easy. That's all you have to do. If they say no, so be it. Find someone else. MAke up a reason.

Now onto what really grinds my gears about this post. Toro is to happy and Toro is to serious. Let me put my coffee down a moment.

It's Pokemon. Pokemon is usually happy until something happens. If you want everyone to be depressed and edgey and complain about no friends and no joy and all this. Go find a grimdark server. Not a pokemon server. Toro is meant to be a fun and HAPPY relaxed environment for people to enjoy and fan girl over all the shipping and pokemon until something happens. But if you complain about every character being to happy. You've obviously not left your RP hotspot because I need three hands to name off all the characters that aren't happy. Oh yea, that's a thing, RP hotspots. Why would you want a central gathering area for RP? Get your friends and go explore. Maybe you'll find the hidden fossiles like me and my friends (And at that time two new people I just ran into and invited to our party) did and discover sweet secrets.

Toro is to serious.

have you seen some of the crap they throw at us? I've never laughed more during RP and events. Toro is only serious to the point every RP community needs to be to keep things from evolving (Pokemon puns) into chaos. Even a my little pony RP community would need to have notes of seriousness. IC and OOC. And EVERY EVERY EVERY EVERY EVERY.......

EVERY EVERY community needs realism no matter the setting. Otherwise you will have people that will literally mock and trash what you're trying to do. The realism isn't there to shut down your (And I'm sorry to say this) silly ideas about being a corpse possessed and such. It's there to keep people from being butt munches and *Bleeping* all over your RP. It's also there to keep you from going to far outside of the box.

Now lets move on to people grinding their Pixelmon.

if you actually bothered to join some events. Levels never really matter. They only matter in gym battles and 1v1s. While yes, it can be irritating to want to actually battle but be left behind, there are spots made specifically to just speed grind. But in events, only types and evolution really matter in battles.

I'm sure I've missed a few complaints. But feel free to reply to this however you want. I won't get offended.

These are not issues the staff need to be bothered with. These are issues the players, individually, need to work out. I was very calm in this post. I'm just a sarcastic *bleeper* by nature. :I

Return to “Community Discussion Archives”