Wally's PR Application!

Wally
MC name: WalrusHerobrine

Wally's PR Application!

Preferred Name: Wally
MC Username: WalrusHerobrine or ItsWal
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: 6-ish on average!

Describe yourself, particularly how do you approach meeting new people?
Well, I describe myself as friendly in the most cynical way possible. I'm really sarcastic and a bit of an A-Hole when I'm feeling in a mood like that. I really falter between Optimist and Pessimist depending on the situation. Oh, also I'm fandom tumblr trash, so that's a thing. But hey, its alright, because even if I am feeling negative, I feel like I can turn my mood around quick to welcome a newcomer or to answer some questions! I always think the best of meeting new people and I'll always see what they're like before I really decide what I think about them.

Is your character in any public relations/advertising position?
Nope. Not really.

Do you have any previous experience in advertising or sales?
Well, not really. I really am not making a good case for myself.

How comfortable are you posting to forums?
I feel like I have BBCode and other forum plug-ins pretty handled. I feel like I seem fairly educated when I'm typing formally. Really I do enjoy posting on forums and meeting new people through them!

Describe any experience in making posts to the following sites: Reddit, Minecraftforums.net, the Pixelmon Forums, a non-personal Facebook page, Youtube, or Twitter?
Reddit: Yes, I am active on /r/StevenUniverse, and fairly active on /r/Minecraft & /r/Pokemon and some of its branches.
MinecraftForums.Net: Not really anymore, but I used to be really active and into it and stuff.
Pixelmon Forums: I've posted here a couple of times, and I'll often browse through here ghosting. So a bit of experience, yes.
Facebook: I don't have a Facebook page, personal or not.
Youtube: Yes, I did used to make videos and I spend most of my days on it watching them.
Twitter: I used to be really active on it, but eventually I gave up. I have some experience

Please provide a quick response to some common questions you might be asked:
How do I join the server?
Simply visit toro-league.com/forum, sign up there, and fill out the whitelist application, but only after reading all the rules!
What is the server like?
It's a fairly large and active community. We have many friendly people and its really easy to navigate and there's almost always RP. Tone-wise, it ranges from incredibly light-hearted to sometimes dark with the plot-heavy events. You're gonna have a lot of fun, trust me!
What is the community like?
Oh, the community is great! Everyone's really nice and accepting. You'll easily make friends and find people to RP with. They're really helpful too, if you're new to RP or something.
What do you like about Toro?
Well, I like the tone and the setting, as well as the community. Toro, the region, is absolutely stunning. We have some beautiful builders who can really throw you back to the 50s. The community has some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm not even kidding. Almost everyone is amazing.
How are player characters treated in events?
Events are really cool. Everyone really moves the plot forward and the GMs are accepting of all ideas. No one really gets left out or left behind unless they choose to just sit back and watch. I remember on my first day, there was this really cool event. There were a bunch of Clefairy dancing at the top of a hill, and some Gengar attacked. Everyone helped get the Gengar away. It's a really fond memory I have of the server.

Roleplaying tends to carry a certain negative stereotype to it that I can't describe better than this video: https://youtu.be/CMzQ7D8j30I?t=60
We could attract more players if we dissuade any negative image about roleplaying. Write a brief description of Toro Roleplay ((or roleplay in general)) to attract players who adhere to that stereotype.
Toro roleplay isn't just Intuition 1d20. Its an emotional and fun experience that really anyone can get into. You'll get invested in some of these characters, including your own. We don't have many Mary-Sues or attention hogs on the server, and role-play tends to be calm and subtle. Its like being in a play or reading a good book. Role-play has evolved some much from your typical D&D Stereotype. You rarely ever see that anymore, especially on Minecraft servers.

Other:
Thank you for looking at my application! I really appreciate you considering me for the spot!
Wally

Re: Wally's PR Application!

Skype please, and I believe I have both of you. I defiantly have Rosy. And uh, I'm free today or Friday on.
Wally

Re: Wally's PR Application!

Sounds good!

Return to “Accepted Applications”