The Second Toro Games!

How would you like the Toro games to be held?

By using the simulator.
80%
By using rolls and questions.
20%

Total votes: 10

Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

The Second Toro Games!

Welcome to the second anual Toro games!
Right, I, the person know as Quartz/Portal/Tijmenking/MechanicalAngel/scrub, really liked the idea of the Toro games. still do. A bunch of innocent characters being forced to fight to the death? Yes please! But the Toro games had been cancelled, I was sad, before I realised: ‘Wait I can just make a Toro games myself.’ So that’s what I’m doing.
Just like last time, you’ll be able to sign your character up for this glorious battle to the death, and once all spots have been filled, the games will begin. Each day will be fully written by me, and maybe the help of some people who actually know what they’re doing.
But, unlike the last Toro games, before the whole signing up your character thing starts, I’m going to give you guys a choice on how I will run the Toro games.

There are two ways I can run the Toro games.

The first way is the same way the previous one was done. I’ll take a Hunger games simulator, put in all characters, and then take the results of each day, and write a story with it.
This way the writing will not take that long, but the results may not be the most logical, since the simulator won’t take things like age, or strength, or intelligence, in account.

The second way is far more complicated, but is the way character’s are written very actuaraly and everything will be more realistic.
The second way will work like this, when you’re signing up your character, you’ll be asked to fill out questions about them(This will be done via a google survey so you’ll have some privacy). These questions may range from how they feel about other candidates, who would they protect and who would they try and fight, how they feel about killing people, what strategie they would have for winning the games, if they would run for or away from the concernecopia, etc. Then you’ll have to fill out 3 stats for your characters, kinda like roles, these stats will be: Combat skills, survival skills and charm. These stats will be used like roles. For example, if your character has a high combat skill, they’ll have a higher chance of killing their oponent if they get into a fight. If your character has a high survival skill, they’ll have less chance of straving to death, freezing or dehydrating, this roll will be used not so much. For charm, or social skills, whatever you want to call it. if they have a high charm skill, they’ll have a higher chance of getting sponserships and making teammates. One of the questions you’ll also have to fill out is what your character will be doing before the games begin, if your character is focusing on their charm, their charm role will get a extra +1. If they’re focusing on eating a lot, they’ll have a less likely chance to starve, etc.
Once the games begin, what your character does, and how other characters interact with them, will all be dependent on rolls and the questions you filled out.
I’ll make a map of the arena and devide them into sections, about 12. This will be important for things like characters finding eachother in the woods, or where they will travel to.

I’m still heavily working out the details for the second way of holding the Toro games, and how it will all work.
Now, if you’re interested in the Toro games, please vote which way you would like them to be held, and if you have any ideas, concerns, or any other comments, please leave a reply.
If you want to discuss anything in private with me, add me on skype or send me a message on the forums.

Now happy holidays all, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Portalgunblaze

Re: The Second Toro Games!

Alrighty!
It's been about a week and most people voted for using the simulator, so that's what I'll be doing!
You can now sign up your character to this fight to the death, it will begin once we have 24 contestants! Then each day of the hunger games will be written out and posted as soon as possible. And you are allowed to use characters from the previous hunger games, don't worry about that.

There are also two rules to signing your character up.
Rule number 1: No Pixelmon, only human characters.
Rule number 2: You have to post a picture of your character for their dead and alive thingy.|

Now get signing up!

Slots:
1. Max
2. Moon
3. Kim
4. Lydia
5. Professor Ishinn
6. Kagami
7. Maria and Sparks
8. Asreal
9. Lucas
Last edited by Portalgunblaze on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

I'm just gonna go and throw a few characters your way, for the death image just have it do the normal 'give it a red X / grey image' thing I suppose?

Max

Moon
Portalgunblaze

Yeah for the death image I'm gonna go for a grey version of the image with a red X through it, unless people have special death images XD
But! Max and Moon have been added.
Wally
MC name: WalrusHerobrine

I'd like to reserve a spot for Kim and Lydia, I'll post some pics later
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

Professor Ishiin and Kagami, because why not? XD

Pics down there in the spoiler...'cause they big. *shrug*
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

I'll toss in Maria and Sparks (as a pair, so basically just Maria). Might throw in more later.

And for a death picture:

Sadly that's the saddest picture I can find of her concept design. Oh well.
Last edited by Vernon on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Portalgunblaze

Kagami, Kim, Professor Isshin, Lydia, Maria and Sparks all added!
Toma
MC name: TOMANATOR99

I'll add in Asrael, will add art and everything else later. Thank you!!
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Throw in Lucas, he must suffer.

Use my profile pic for art.

Return to “General Discussion Archives”