Jen's ET-A Application

C0DA
MC name: C0DA / Sotha_Sil

Jen's ET-A Application

MC Username: Jennalele, Kukaria, Sylvan_Jack
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available:
Weekdays: Any time that does NOT include the hours between 2400 and 0800
Friday, Saturday: Any time, provided I don’t have plans.

RP Name: Aranisiah Anouilh
RP Age: 27
Are you in any leadership positions in-game? Not currently. Aranisiah is a doctor and pharmacist at the hospital- My other characters are both rather young to be in a leadership position, regardless.

Define meta-gaming, and give two examples. The act of using information found OOCly to benefit your character ICly. Examples include: using PMs to tell someone where you are because you are in IC trouble and want them to help you, and using a player’s character profile to exploit them and meta information off of it.

Define power-gaming, and give two examples. There are two similar definitions, but one is know more commonly as “God-modding”- Overpowering your character to the point where they never miss, always dodge, always know the right answer, etc. The “real” definition of powergaming is forcing actions on other players: *Jack grabs Sam and decks him, knocking him out* or *Johnny laughs, and you laugh too.*

Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Quite plainly, In-Character and Out-Of-Character. They’re self explanatory- IC is everything in Toro. Your character, the Premier Elections, and more. OOC is all that other stuff. The boring stuff, pshaw.

What can you bring to the Actors team? Experience, cookies and a mature and level head. I used to do stage acting IRL before I focused on my EMT prerequisites, and I love playing all sorts of characters, big or small. I like being able to dive into a character’s head and figure out little details and quirks, make them uniquely “them”, even if just a stall merchant or a background pirate on a passing ship.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team? Time. I know for certain that I can dedicate my time to Toro again in the long run, but life is still settling down for me right now, and I’m worried I may have to disappear again ( Albeit for a much shorter timespan- A week at the worst ) at a bad time.

Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor.
At some point in time in the history of things that is Toro, a mild natural disaster shakes up part of the region- Where, or what, is up to the rest of the team coming in on this. My thoughts are that it was either a mild forest fire, landslide or sinkhole.

BUT REGARDLESS! This disaster hasn’t directly affected any towns or cities, but it did affect the habitat of several pixelmon in the area. As a result, they are growing more hostile, and more out of sorts. From here, this could go many different places, and it’s limited, really, only by the creativity of the team. A pack of angry Muk could have crawled their way into Cobalt, or an endless swarm of Swablu could be seeking refuge inside of a building or other key location that is now, very clearly, obstructed.

It is left up to the players to figure out how to diffuse or resolve the situation, which, of course, will change depending on the specific details of the pixelmon in question. Obviously, the same tactic used to lure a giant group of Oddish out of Virdis’s cake shop will not work to calm down the grumpy Nidoran pack that sought refuge in a garage in Carmine.

Previous experiences: I’ve run RP servers in the past and have boatloads of experience with events, both running them and helping see them through. I have a lot of experience working with people, and I’d like to consider myself very people-patient.

Other comments or concerns: This is a little silly, but I was wondering if I could keep my old Trainer tag if this is accepted. Its so shiny and soft and shiny…
Tdf88
MC name: Tdf88

Re: Jen's ET-A Application

Wow, and it only took... counts on fingers... four months to finally push this through! You're a great roleplayer and a rad dude. Expect an interview and the rest of the approval process very soon!

Return to “Accepted Applications”