Tiffany's Application for Public Relations

tiffmagius
MC name: tiffmagius

Tiffany's Application for Public Relations

ImagePreferred Name: Donna or Tiffany or Tiffy, I don’t even care.
ImageMC Username: LittleNerdyOTAKU
ImageAge: 21
ImageTime Zone: EST
ImageNumber of hours available: Almost always. Less likely to be around between 3 AM - 10 AM, but varies.

ImageDescribe yourself, particularly how do you approach meeting new people?
I like to consider myself a friendly and helpful person. When “working” I am able to override my current emotions and switch them to a more pleasant one, especially since bitter Tiffanys are very unpleasant people. I always like to give new people the benefit of the doubt, and I tend to try to help them [if I think it’s my place to help them]. I tend to react differently in different situations when it comes to ‘meeting new people’, however.

ImageIs your character in any public relations/advertising position?
Oliver? No [but give him a few years, he’s still new]. But it would be very easy to come up with a Pseudonym sort of character for that situation.

ImageDo you have any previous experience in advertising or sales?
Yes. I was originally planning on going to college to go into Marketing, however something made me go into art instead. I have had experience with business statistics, public relations, as well as actual buying/selling expensive items through forums/ebay. Communication is key.

ImageHow comfortable are you posting to forums?
Very comfortable. For personal things? Probably not, only because I generally have no reason to post to forums, and when I do it’s to ask about something. Advertising without sounding like a robot or someone desperate to get people to play on their server? Sure!

ImageDescribe any experience in making posts to the following sites:
-Reddit - I have never used reddit and am mildly confused about the layout, but it at least seems pretty simple. I’ve just never looked into it because I’ve never had a reason to be on it.
-Minecraftforums.net - I use to use this a lot more when I was a moderator for another server way back in 2012, I’m pretty use to it and the way it works. I don’t know how much has changed since then.
-Pixelmon Forums - I have never posted on here, but it seems very easy to use as the few times I have gone there just for information, I knew where to go.
-Facebook page - I use to post a lot to Pokemon groups for trading, and tend to every so often communicate to companies or people through it. I am pretty well versed in Facebook.
-Youtube - I currently have Youtube comments blocked for my own sanity, Youtube breeds a special kind of person.
-Twitter - I have never used Twitter, however it seems extremely easy and simple to use.

Please provide a quick response to some common questions you might be asked:
ImageHow do I join the server?
That’s very simple! If you’d like, you could either go to http://www.toro-league.com and click on “ Whitelist Application “ on the toolbar to the right to see the subforum for Whitelist applications, as well as guides for making the perfect application, or you could click on http://www.toro-league.com/gamerules.php to make sure you understand all of the rules and are willing to agree to them, if you haven’t already! You’re very much encouraged to read the rules, as even if you don’t know them, you’re still held liable for any rules you may break if you are accepted to the server.

ImageWhat is the server like?
Toro has a unique charm to it. Being set in a large, but not overwhelming large, map, which if you’re interested in looking at, you may do so here! server.toro-league.com:8123 , Toro has many different opportunities for players to immerse themselves in different settings. No one town looks alike, and soon you’ll know the map like the back of your hand. The players range in ages, but everyone holds respect for one another. While it can be overwhelming when you first join, it was for me, and it can even take a little bit to get settled in, you’ll soon find it’s very easy to find people to become regulars with, especially when you become friends OOCly.

ImageWhat is the community like?
Toro has a very fun community that is akin to a chaotic but loving family. Sometimes the jokes tend to be more on the mature side and can even get a little rowdy, however people on Toro are respectful of whom they are talking to, especially in more social situations, like Teamspeak! On server, the community is very laid back and people try to help each other with any questions they may have, and we strive for a respectful atmosphere. In things like Skype or Teamspeak, sometimes people can get a little out of hand, so if you are very sensitive to things like cursing, that may not be the best place for you.

ImageWhat do you like about Toro?
Toro is one of the only places you will find quality Pokemon(or Pixelmon in this case!) RP that isn’t a P2W or admin dominating server. Toro focuses on RP and character development, and moves ICly at a pace that allows aging and growth at a comfortable pace, so that you’ll never find yourself in a slump with your character. People grow very fond of their characters and their character’s environment, and while you may not always be able to “find RP”, events tend to happen every so often, and that is a great place to start meeting people, as characters tend to still group together or plan to go off somewhere after the event is over.

ImageHow are player characters treated in events?
Players are the ones in control. Even if there is a set plan for an event, that’s only if everything goes perfectly! Even if an old man comes up and tries to teach players how to fish, the players may instead choose to ignore him.. or even beat him up! Nothing is set in RP, and the players always come first.

Roleplaying tends to carry a certain negative stereotype to it that I can't describe better than this video: https://youtu.be/CMzQ7D8j30I?t=60
We could attract more players if we dissuade any negative image about roleplaying. Write a brief description of Toro Roleplay ((or roleplay in general)) to attract players who adhere to that stereotype.
ImageOther: I have a little over 600 watchers on deviantart, even though I’m not active on it anymore. I use to advertise Toro on there every so often, and I’d be more than willing to make things like a Toro Art group on dA, as I’ve had experience with owning dA RP groups and art groups, as well as moderating them. I’d be very happy doing things with dA, minecraft forum, or facebook, as with things like dA or even the Toro forum I can easily implement art/sprites/crap to get people’s attention. I can easily create a Pseudonym for those situations, however it would probably be really girly, like that Pop Idol...
discord: tiffy#4730
CannibalKon
MC name: Cannibal_Kon

Re: Tiffany's Application for Public Relations

Although I'm sure she'll be accepted, I just wanted to say she has my vote.
tiffmagius
MC name: tiffmagius

Re: Tiffany's Application for Public Relations

Peytonp8 wrote:>.>
Cannibal...
Who told you you could stop working!
*cracks whip*
BACK INTO EVENT MINES! I NEED A DOZEN AND A HALF MORE MINED BY SUNDAY! NO BREAKS!

Also, Donna!
You good for an interview on Saturday?
I should be around!
I'm never not sobs
discord: tiffy#4730

Return to “Accepted Applications”