Student Applications!

You can apply to Ferrite Regional University and find Student Records here.

Moderator: Vernon

SpinoZilla
MC name: Spino_Zilla
Discord: spinozilla_studios

Re: Student Applications!

Grettier sat down at a public bench, the loud, bustling streets of Carmine were littered with people walking. On Grettier's lap sat a typewriter with a blank sheet of paper inserted into the top. He brought a fist to his chin, and huffed a sigh.
Ever since he had arrived in the Toro Region, he wanted to get a fresh start, and to actually learn about and experience the real world! And so, he had decided to go to a university, Ferrite Regional University. There was just one problem... He didn't know what to write on the application.
His parents never really taught him how to write well, so he would need to be extra careful what he wrote, as to not get denied. Grettier leaned back into the bench, and brought both his hands to his forehead and rubbed it soothingly. Why was this so hard? He had overcome most obstacles thrown at him up to this point, but the idea of heading to a University... It made him a bit queasy.
Grettier reflected on how his parents had taught him how the world worked. That Pokémon were dangerous and shouldn't be around humans. That Pokémon professors were lying con artists, and that the people around them were selfish, arrogant, entitled, douchebags that didn't deserve anything. He now knew all of these to be fake, but what else did he "know" that was nothing but a lie? What if he knew so little about how the world actually worked that he would be laughed out of the university? Grettier groaned to himself. He hated his parents and how they raised him. Thanks to them, his common sense was completely screwed up.

Grettier felt something nudging his arm from the side. He looked over and saw his partner Pokémon, Archen, looking up at him with his head tilted. "Hey, Archen. Yeah i'm good... Just a bit overwhelmed." Grettier said to his Pokemon, who nodded at his owner before nuzzling up to Grettier's palm.

Grettier smiled softly and began to pet Archen slowly. The ancient bird yawned and laid down next to the boy before promptly falling asleep. Grettier chuckled to himself watching his pokemon nap before turning back to the typewriter with a new idea.

Grettier had always been interested in the ancient past, and now with Archen, that passion only grew. He knew what degree he wanted now. He hunched over the typewriter and began filling out the form with a smile.

The application read as follows:
Full Name: Grettier Aeoli Lockbelle
Desired Major: Paleontology Major
Prior Education: Homeschooling to a high school level.
Would you desire on campus housing (Y/N): Yes
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): https://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5328
Momo
MC name: LittleMoonMochi
Discord: Mochi 🐇 #2425

Full Name: Memora Tanner
Desired Major:Criminology
Prior Education:Highschool
Would you desire on campus housing (Y/N):N
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KhY ... p=drivesdk

Active characters:

Memora Tanner (She/Her) Rtmp
Elias Ashwood (He/Him) cafe worker
Melior Chalice (She/Her) Idol

Erik Sprye (He/Him) Clown
Donny
MC name: Albaren_Donnel

Full Name: Albaren Donnel
Desired Major: Zoology (the pokemon equivalent)
Prior Education: Castelia University, 1 year (biology)
Would you desire on campus housing (Y/N): N
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): https://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewt ... nel#p16282 [needs to be updated but is otherwise valid]
ShayminPlays
MC name: ShayminPlays
Discord: shayminplays

Following a visit to Terra Penn about the possibility of their enrolment at Ferrite University, a typewritten letter was sent to the Admissions Department...

To the Ferrite University Admissions Department,

I wish to enrol at Ferrite University to complete the course of Pokémon Studies. I would like this degree because I hope to become a researcher at the Pokémon Research & Rehabilitation Center, and pursue the study of Anomalous Pokémon - those being, Pokémon that do not conform to our typical understanding of a Pokémon's origins, biology, or abilities - in order to further our collective knowledge and better prepare Toro for the dangers they may pose.

Thank you for considering my offer, and I hope to speak to you again soon.
Wren

Full Name: Wren
Desired Major: Pokémon Studies (Anomalous Pokémon)
Prior Education: ~8 years of private tutoring in Avalon
On-Campus Housing: No
Character Profile: viewtopic.php?t=5352
Donny
MC name: Albaren_Donnel

Full Name: Albaren Donnel
Desired Major: masters in Pokémon Studies (zoology)
Prior Education: Castelia University; 1 year (biology), Ferrite University; bachelors in Pokémon studies (4 years)
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): https://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewt ... nel#p16282 [needs to be updated but is otherwise valid]
ShayminPlays
MC name: ShayminPlays
Discord: shayminplays

After a year break from academia, Wren decides the time is right to return to working for a higher qualification, seeking to expand their knowledge with a more optimistic outlook and open headspace now that the looming threat of the Order has long passed...

To the Ferrite University Admissions Department,

I have made the decision to further my studies at Ferrite University, and thus I write to you today in hopes of enrolling in Pokémon Studies for a higher qualification. I wish to continue developing my knowledge and study of all manner of Pokémon, ambitious to attain a coveted Masters Degree in this field.

I hope you will consider the prospect of my continued study at your wonderful university, to which I owe a great deal for my past, present, and future successes.

- Wren Dearea

Full Name: Wren Dearea
Desired Major: Pokémon Studies
Prior Education: ~8 years of private tutoring in Avalon, Ferrite University Bachelor's Degree (Pokémon Studies)
On-Campus Housing: No
Character Profile: viewtopic.php?t=5352
Leonolious
MC name: IgnoredSon

*The application is written neatly in ink on paper, filled out neatly and to the point. Though still the answers are filled with effort and longing.*

Full Name: Leon Everwinter
Desired Major: Pokémon Studies (Masters)
Prior Education: Home Schooling, Graduated from Orre High (with honors), Independent education.
Do I require on campus living space: N

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14zV ... 4uDi0/edit
Mudbloods
MC name: Mudbloods

Full Name: Ashley Grace Youngblood
Desired Major: Sociology
Prior Education: AA degree at Castelia Community College in Unova
Would you desire on-campus housing (Y/N): Y
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): Bonk
cammy
MC name: cammy_cakers
Discord: cammycakess

Full Name: Rina Bernadette Dearea
Desired Major: Microbiology
Prior Education: Masters Degree in Theological Studies from FU, GED certification.
((link to character's whitelist app / valid CP)): https://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5409
Characters:
Rina Dearea [40] | Arceist Priestess, Funny Mushroom Lady, Head Ranger | she/her
Faye Lancaster-Langely [22] | Bartender, Infernal Engine, Gym Leader | he/they
Kisho Okalani [31] | Fashion Model, Siren | she/her
Toron
MC name: Toron4464

Re: Student Applications! (Allister Cypress)

Full Name: Allister Cypress
Desired Major: Basic Medical Degree (BS)
Prior Education: High School Diploma, CPR, First Aid and first responder medical training.
Would you desire on campus housing (Y/N): No
viewtopic.php?t=5455

Allister in interested in furthering his medical knowledge to better use in the field with his career in the Rangers. His plan is to start with a four-year degree then push forward from there to earn his masters.

Recommendation letter:
To the Dean of Admission at Ferrite University,

I write to you today as the Head Ranger of the Toroan Branch of the Pokemon Rangers. An applicant to your university, Allister Cypress has expressed a true and genuine interest in serving the health of our fair reigon’s Pokemon and people alike against the odds presented to him.

He carries himself in a conduct that stands above his peers, and I feel like we all have something that we could learn from him. Your university proves a beacon of wisdom from which he may be able to hone his skills, and it is from you that Mister Cypress will be able to arm himself with the knowledge to serve the world in which we hold so dearly.

Please consider this a formal letter of recommendation, declaring my goodwill and hope that Mister Cypress will be allowed to pursue a course of study at your institution.

Arceus Bless You,
Rina Dearea
Last edited by Toron on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ferrite Regional University”