Artifex
MC name: TheArcher82

Artifex's ET-A Application

MC Username: TheArcher82
Time Zone: Central (The Real Timezone)
Number of hours available: 3PM-12AM Most Weekdays, 10AM-2AM Weekends
RP Name: Gleb Kulak
RP Age: 21
Are you in any leadership positions in-game? Gleb owns the Luk Sudovoye and is the First Mate of the Pirates
Define meta-gaming, and give two examples. Meta gaming would be taking knowledge you know OOCly and using it ICly.

Example 1: I overhear Nina Smock talking about her character's backstory, namely that her character's parents were killed by bandits, and my character, Joe Schmoe, asks her character, Ninja McSmoke, about it the next time I see him.

Example 2: I hear Joseph Shoe talking about his character seeking mine out to discuss dead parents, and my character skips town, having heard from a bird that Joe Schmoe was looking for trouble.

Define power-gaming, and give two examples. Power gaming is forcing your will and actions upon other participants of Roleplay, without giving them a chance to reply.

Example 1: “Joe Schmoe takes up his baseball bat, and smacks Ninja McSmoke in the face, eight times, knocking four teeth out, along with breaking his nose. Ninja McSmoke would be left dead.” “What? That wouldn't happen” “Too bad, Smock.”

Example 2: "Ninja McSmoke, having begged a favor from the devil, would come back to life while Joe Schmoe was boasting and celebrating his victory, reappearing behind the man to stab him in the back 8 times, killing him before the man knew what had happened." "That wouldn't happen either!" "Too bad, Shoe."

Explain the difference between IC and OOC. IC inclines In Character, or actions and discussions your character has taken and participated in. OOC is Out of Character, or actions and discussions you have taken and participated in.
What can you bring to the Actors team? I would be glad to hold to various acting roles for any events needed, and would be happy to provide on the fly mini-event, e.g. traveling merchants or NPCs.
What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team? Depending on how college goes, I may need time away from server at some point in the future, along with requirements as a driver for my family daily, making for unexpected delays.
Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor. Minimum of two paragraphs, specifically including information about event-only characters

I would like to create an event involving a minor diplomat of emmisary showing up at the government building of Aurelia, seeking audience with the newly elected Premier. Whether or not this is a true diplomat is up to the coordinators, but I believe it would be interesting to act out. More specifically, I would like the diplomat to be from Arenisca, or Lyuskoy, in particular the Medved region.

The Diplomat could be a con man, as it were, spreading ill favor with the new Government on someone’s dime. Or, on the other hand, it could truly be a country official, as either role would be interesting to play, in my opinion. Whichever is preferably to the GMs would be alright by me, if they have other plans involving the government of diplomats.

Previous experiences: I have been an admin briefly on the Survival PvP server Avalon, before it’s closing, and I was a faction leader on the Roleplay Server ‘Aeonis’, also briefly, before that race was killed off. I have also written lore for Aeonis and it’s sequel server.
Other comments or concerns: N/A
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Artifex's ET-A Application

Heya, Artifex! Nice to see you've finally filled one of these out! It's all looking really good, and I'd love to talk to you further about your application. I already have your Skype, so I'll get with you there and set up an interview and an RP test. Thanks for your interest!
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: Artifex's ET-A Application

Drum rooooollll please... *badubadubadubadubadubadubadubadubadu*

Your Event Team - Actor application has been...

You had a great RP test and interview, and we all appreciate what you've done to help us out already and what you're willing to contribute in the future. I can't wait to see you participating in events in the future!

Return to “Accepted Applications”