The Aurelia Ride-in theater!

Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

The Aurelia Ride-in theater!

The Aurelia ride-in theater is open for business under new ownership!

We will be hosting an annual film festival, with a headlining film of the owner's choice every year!

Tickets for adults are 800 Pix, and tickets for children 16 years and under are 400 Pix, and snacks are available for sale in the on-site diner.

OOC

Hey everyone! Mace back with more half-baked attempts at a Toro movie night. The last friday of every month, I'll be streaming a movie online for all to see! Admissions, as mentioned above, are not required, but you're encouraged to pay the fee and park your character in the theater and talk to other viewers ICly during the movie.

Interested in contributing to the ever-growing backlog of movies for movie night? Put a comment up on the google doc!
Please make a livestream account ahead of time as I will be using livestream!
Last edited by Macecurb on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macecurb

Re: The Aurelia Ride-in theater!

This Halloween (Friday, October 31), at 7 PM EST, I will be streaming Alien!

Because of the nature of the movie, this movie night will be 18+ only!

Those of you under 18 who want to see it will need parental permission. Because I don't have an e-mail address I'm willing to hand out, we'll be working on the honour system.

Ticket prices are the same as usual, but bear in mind I will be ICly turning away unaccompanied children.

As for lore: It's important to note two difference between the actual movie and the version that will be ICly shown: First, the Alien is an extraterrestrial pixelmon. The evolution sequence should be fairly self-explanatory. Second, in the universe of the movie, the Weyland-Yutani corporation has instituted a policy of confiscating spaceship crews' pixelmon after a series of hull breach incidents resulting from uncontrolled pixelmon.

As always, please make a livestream account ahead of time!
Macecurb

So, after a long hiatus (during which the previous theater management was replaced by a crack squad of professional managers from Somalia who swear they're not Ethiopians pretending to be Somali pirates pretending to be Somali managers), the Aurelia Ride-in Theater returns, presenting MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!
------------------------------------ OOC STUFF ------------------------------------
Yes, we're back after a two-month hiatus! This Friday, January 30, at 7 PM EST, I will be streaming the senile grandfather of all British surrealist comedy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Ticket prices are as usual, but any individuals who successfully cut down one of the trees outside the theater using only a freshly-caught fish will receive free admission for life. (NOTE: Gotta be done ICly. Can't be making it too easy what with minecraft, can I?)

Now, to finish off with the un-funny bits: In the IC version of the film, there are only two differences (Shocking, isn't it?): First, God is depicted not as a poorly-drawn man in a cloud, but rather as a poorly-drawn Arceus in a cloud. Second, any references to England and France, respectively, are replaced by equivalent references to Avalon and Kalos.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A LIVESTREAM ACCOUNT AHEAD OF TIME!
Macecurb

Ladies and gentlemen, the server may be out but that doesn't mean movie night is cancelled! This month I'll be streaming The Iron Giant. This post will be updated with a link to the stream, and to compensate for the server being down I'll start it half an hour later than originally planned, at 7:30 PM EST on the 27th of March, about an hour and a half after this post goes up.
Macecurb

This month's movie will be Back to the Future! The stream will happen on Friday, May 29, at 7 PM EST.

I hope to see all of you then for overpriced digital popcorn and snark on teamspeak!
Macecurb

This month's movie is Kiki's Delivery Service! As usual, overpriced digital tickets and popcorn will be served alongside running commentary in teamspeak.

It will take place on Friday, June 16 at 6 PM EST! Hope to see you all there!

As always, remember to have a livestream account ahead of time!
Macecurb

This month's movie is the one and only Jurassic Park!

The coprolite hits the fan on Friday, July 31 at 5 PM EST.

Make sure you have a livestream account ahead of time!
Macecurb

Poster Pending
This month, we're going for something a little more less terrifying than giant killer dinosaurs with Finding Nemo!

Bring your swim trunks and join us on Friday, August 28 at 6 PM EST. Come join the peanut gallery in Teamspeak as we talk about everything except the movie!

Make sure you have a livestream account ahead of time!
Macecurb

What happened to us? What happened to the American Dream?

"What happened to the American Dream?" It came true! You're lookin' at it!

Ladies and gentlemen, this month's movie, airing on my usual livestream channel at 6 PM EST on Friday, September 25th, is Watchmen.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll scream at me for a bathroom break because I only have the three hour Director's Cut edition!

Come and join us in Teamspeak and on the server for the ever-interesting group commentary!

As usual, make sure you have a livestream account ahead of time!
Macecurb

Image Image
Hello once more, good moviegoers of Toro! This month, by popular demand, I will be streaming not one, but two movies for your viewing pleasure!

First up, in honour of Back to the Future day earlier this month, we'll also be watching Back to the Future Part II! Then, as a follow-up to last year's Halloween feature, we have Aliens!

This double-feature of cinematic glory will be starting on Friday, October 30, at 6 PM EST! There will be a ten-minute intermission between the movies, and as always we'll have snarky commentary on the server and cheap jokes on teamspeak!

Return to “Business Directory Archives”