masonf11 application

Forum Username:
masonf11

Minecraft Username:
masonf11

Where did you hear about us:
I typed on google pixelmon role-play servers

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am just a regular 13 year old. I play on the computer and walk around outside I don't have much friends who live near me but I am a kind person.

What is roleplaying?
Role-play is when you play as a character that you have made and you act and think as if you were that character.

What is retroactive continuity in your own words?
Retroactive Continuity is when you change what has happened for example You were shot and thought dead but a while after ended up being alive.

What is a Mary Sue in your own words?
A Mary Sue is a character who never messes up or makes mistakes basically perfect

What is power-gaming in your own words?
Power-gaming is forcing actions against another player. As so if in real life you would not instantly kill someone take their money and walk away. Here is an example of power-game. Obviously you can not instantly slice someone in half. If they have a weapon they could parry it if they have heavy armour they wouldn't be sliced in half maybe cut or but not sliced in half.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? Provide an example of how you would separate yourself from your character.
In character is when you're talking as you're character. Out of character is when you're talking as yourself and not you're character for example I am shy in real life but my character is cocky I also wouldn't use my full knowledge of pixelmon in the game and my character will have less knowledge of Pixelmon

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Yes I do I play a server called Lord of the craft

In-Game Lore Questions

Describe the 1950s in your own words:
The 1950's were recovering from WW2.

What is Pix Co.?
Pix Co. Is a pixel ball company in the Toro leauge.

What is Team Noir?
Team Noir is a organised crime syndicate. There new leader is known as Mr. X

General Character Questions

Full name:
Mason Foster

Physical description: - One paragraph minimum.
He has long brown hair and brown eyes everything he wears has a story too it he wears a master ball shirt given too him from his mother because she thinks he will become the Pokemon champion and a good one so he had too show it. He wears a trench coat given too him by his teacher as a passing gift. His gloves was given too him by his uncle who makes clothes for a living.

Personality: - One paragraph minimum.
Mason is loud sometimes brash and he is cocky during battles when he has the advantage but is respectable after battles. He always tries his best in battles un less he wants too lose.

Biography: - One paragraph minimum.
At the age of 3 Mason was found on the streets of Viridian city in ragged clothes and freezing cold he was taken in by his adopted family when they were on holiday in Kanto from the Toro region. His father worked in a tavern while his mother was a house wife. Mason was raised too become a trainer and go too the Toro League to become the champion. When he was 8 he was walking in a forest and a wild Arbok appeared and went too kill him but a wild chimchar defended him and from then his favourite Pixelmon was Infernape. As he aged too be 13 he understood the Arbok was frightened and was only defending its Ekans and wasn't scared of Arbok's anymore.

Flaws:
He gets too cocky and he sometimes underestimates people. Mason also doesn't know anything about medicine or any other career in pixelmon because he never had time for school.

Ambitions:
He seeks too become the champion off the Toro League

Favorite Pixelmon:
His favourite pixelmon is Infernape

Open Response General - One paragraph minimum
You are walking along Route 2 when your eyes lock onto another trainers' in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. What do you do next?

Mason smirks as he also reaches for his pixelball "So its a battle you want? Well it will be a battle you get!" He grabs his pixelball as throws out his first pixelmon. His pixelmon looks at him with trusting eyes as Mason looks at his pixelmon with trust and respect. Mason yells out a command for his trusting pixelmon "Use Scratch!"

Skin: http://imgur.com/MpMGkqp
Devinbolt145
MC name: Devinbolt145

Re: masonf11 application

Hello!

Thanks for showing interest on our server, it means a lot to us that you're willing to take time to write something. That’s the first step!

Let me help you through the white list application process.

Firstly, this server focuses on serious roleplay so there's a substantial amount of writing so if you’re not a strong writer this might not be the server for you. Communication and working as a community is heavily stressed.

Toro League is set in a fictional world where you have an opportunity to roleplay your character. Imagine a book being written live in-game where you can mime your character's movements, thoughts, emotions and speech.

If you’re seeking a RPG Pixelmon server where you can build freely, make your own Pokéballs, craft your own rare candies or catch legendary Pokémon than we wish you luck on your continued search for a Pixelmon server because this community just isn’t about that.

But on the other hand, if you’re looking for a place to develop a character and their partner,work together as a community to progress the Toro Region lore and enjoy watching the plot unfold- look no further, this is it!

This is where you can find the application breakdown:
[Link]

This is an example of an acceptable application:
[Link]

This guide gives some great pointers about character creation: [Link]

As for your application, There are a few things I'd like to address.

Your definitions look good but You seem to have missed the meta gaming definition, you can web search it but we want it in your own words. As for the power gaming definition we use that definition as well as when a character is too over powered, quite like Mary Sue but not as specific as a perfect character. Power Gaming could be either an emote that is unable to be rebutted or a character that is too powerful, Like mastering every skill, or too many skills.

The 1950's question, I would like you expand upon, maybe talk about the daily life of a citizen.

The Pix Co and Team Noir answers are a bit short, You can read a bit more about them here:

http://toro-league.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pix_Co
http://toro-league.com/wiki/index.php?title=Team_Noir

Concerning your Character appearance, Masterballs have not been invented yet at the time of Toro and therefore you cannot have the masterball shirt, meaning you'll need to edit your skin too.
You can learn a bit more about the 1950's and the wardrobe of the 1950's on this amazing guide to the 1950's found here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=939

You will need to expand a bit on your personality, 5 sentences minimum for a paragraph.

So besides the definitions, appearance and personality, Everything looks ok. If you'd just edit those things for me I'd love to take a second look at your app.

Welcome to Toro League.

Return to “Whitelist Application Archives”