Robin's Public Relations Application

RobinVanDutch
MC name: RobinVanDutch

Robin's Public Relations Application

Preferred Name: Robin
MC Username: RobinVanDutch & Coltrain
Time Zone: GMT +1
Number of hours available: Depends, the thing is, I can always make time. I’m online when most of you are sleeping or at school/work, could be useful for the Europeans. 3/5 hours a day.

Describe yourself, particularly how do you approach meeting new people?
I’m a very friendly person, people tend to call me the human chameleon. Being able to relate to most ages, ethnicities and cultures. This makes me very approachable. Everyone starts with a clean slate, I never judge someone by the way they look or speak, since you don’t know this person background story, I don’t think you’re allowed to judge. I can hang with the nerds, the jocks, the goths and the prom queen and still be myself. I believe that is my best quality. I try to approach people by letting them know they can come to me with anything, I’ll most likely be able to relate some way or another. And a conversation is born.

Is your character in any public relations/advertising position?
Currently not.

Do you have any previous experience in advertising or sales?
I’m part of a business group that created an application for iOS and Android. In this application you have to make a videoselfie and try to promote yourself in under 30 seconds. These short videos can be viewed by employers who are looking for candidates for a certain position. I had to advertise throughout the city. I made use of buses, subway stations, billboards and even an interactive board where people could type in 5 characteristics, take a selfie and send that selfie to the Facebook page of the application.

I’ve also advertised for Minecraft Middle Earth on reddit and the Minecraft forums before.

How comfortable are you posting to forums?
Extremely comfortable. I’d rather type out an e-mail than make a call. I rather lay out everything in front of me so it all makes sense. When I take my time for things it usually comes out much better.

Describe any experience in making posts to the following sites:
Reddit - I’m very experienced with Reddit, able to reach deep down in subreddits where people normally probably wouldn’t be looking. Shouldn’t be looking…
Minecraftforums.net – I used to help Minecraft Middle Earth promote here, I believe I even helped out on the Toro page back in the day when nobody was updating it. I tried helping people who replied by telling them how they could still join the server, by handing them the correct links and explaining what to do.
EDIT: Found it, it was a year ago: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/se ... 6-4?page=9
The Pixelmon Forums – No real experience, I used to look around there but don’t think I posted once.
a non-personal Facebook page – I made a page for my indoor football club. I update it every week with results and stuff. I’d like to keep it private but you can ask me if you want to take a look at it.
I also helped out on the Facebook page for the application, it has 833 likes.
Youtube - I played around with a YouTube channel. Just for fun. It has some mixed up songs, GTA gameplay and some other stuff. I can send the link for people who want to take a look. Don’t be startled by the language, it’s Dutch, I swear it is not profanity.
Twitter – Never really got into Twitter, I know how to use it but that’s it.

Please provide a quick response to some common questions you might be asked:

How do I join the server?
It’s very easy! You go to http://www.toro-league.com, on the right you will see a toolbar with options to click on. Clink on “Whitelist Application”. After you’ve made one, a moderator will check out your post and if everything is in order, you will be whitelisted to the server. Make sure to read the rules! http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... =64&t=2283 Enjoy playing!

What is the server like?
The server is unlike any other you’ve seen before. A Pixelmon server that emphasizes on roleplaying. A very friendly community, a huge world to explore, seven cities to make your mark in, Pixelmon to train, friends to make, gym leaders to beat, money to make, organizations to take down or build up. You name it, you can do it.

What is the community like?
The community is very friendly and helpful, everyone is working towards the same goal which is having a blast roleplaying with eachother. Creating memories and doing things together so that ten years from now you will look back on the time you played Toro and get that very nostalgic feeling. The feeling we all get when we think about back in the day, when we probably were sitting with our Gameboys in our lap. But instead of playing alone, you will now be able to share those moments with your new made friends.

What do you like about Toro?
The extreme diversity of things to do. You want to be a fisherman? Sure go be a fisherman. You want to be a bad guy. Go for it! You want to raise ten children! Sure! You want to go to school? Well if you really want to… I wouldn’t, BUT YOU CAN! There are just so many things to do, and you can do them alone or together. It has something to offer for everyone.

How are player characters treated in events?
They are treated like they truly are a part of the event. Everyone has something to offer and will be rewarded in the end. Everyone has meaning in the stories and events that happen.

Roleplaying tends to carry a certain negative stereotype to it that I can't describe better than this video: https://youtu.be/CMzQ7D8j30I?t=60
We could attract more players if we dissuade any negative image about roleplaying. Write a brief description of Toro Roleplay ((or roleplay in general)) to attract players who adhere to that stereotype.

Other: I think I can really help out here, I believe I talked to Queso about it a year ago, but it was just small talk. Hehe, hope you guys consider it. I want to do it right this time, returning to Toro. I'm aiming for the top and I want this server to have a way bigger, steady playerbase.

Return to “Accepted Applications”