Skolarr's Public Relations App

Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Skolarr's Public Relations App

Preferred Name: Skol, or Skolarr.
MC Username: Skolarr
Time Zone: EST

Number of hours available: Currently I'm aviable basically all day. Once I start working, I'll be free anywhere from 3-6pm, and I'll be free on mobile every now and then from 7pm-7am (Manufacturing night shift~)

Describe yourself, particularly how do you approach meeting new people? In all honesty, I admit I can be a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people, but I always make a point of being polite and kind as possible, even when the person in question doesn't pay me the same respect. Once I get to know the person, I become very outgoing and chatty with them, offten talking their ear off about varrious things.

Is your character in any public relations/advertising position? My character, Susan Genovese, is currently employed as the Curator of the museum in Colbalt. So, I suppose she does.

Do you have any previous experience in advertising or sales? Somewhat, yes. I took a buisness class in highschool that covered advertising and marketing tactics.

How comfortable are you posting to forums? Very, I was a bit shy at first...but, I've come to learn that the people here on Toro are quite nice and friendly. So, I have come out of my shell, in a sense.

Describe any experience in making posts to the following sites: Reddit, Minecraftforums.net, the Pixelmon Forums, a non-personal Facebook page, Youtube, or Twitter? I have expirence with Youtube and non-personal FB pages. If I get this position, I would like to open a blog on tumblr advertising our server.

Please provide a quick response to some common questions you might be asked:
How do I join the server? It's simple. All you need to do is fill out a whitelisting application and wait for it to get looked over and approved. While you're waiting, go ahead and familiarize yourself with the server lore! You should also install our server modpack, as well.

What is the server like? The server is a Pixelmon RP server that takes place in a region known as Toro. The Toro reigion has a 1950's-esque feel to it, from fashion to building style. There is no storyline for you to follow- you make your own path here. Want to be a super cool Pixelmon trainer? Go for it! A hip and trendy stylist? No problem! A keleptomanic with a hoarding problem? Er...Why not?! Point is: Toro is your canvas, and you can paint it however you wish!

What is the community like? The community is quite friendly and helpful. Everyone I have met and talked to, both OOCly and ICly, have been really nice. The staff members are also equally friendly and kind. I am happy to say that all my interactions with people from this community have been possitive.
What do you like about Toro? ...I think a better question would be "What don't I like about Toro?" Honestly, Toro has a lot of possitive aspects to it. The one that sticks out to me the most would be the overall community. Before I came to Toro, I played on another RP server...To make a long story short, the staff was basically a pack of Hyenas: If they didn't like you, they would ICly and OOCly lash out at you, such as assulting you on the forums, or making throw-away characters with the sole purpose of killing your character. I was never a victim of these attacks, but I've seen it happen to other players.

How are player characters treated in events? It depends on the event. When an event happens, there is always a server-wide announcement so that everyone online knows what's going on. If its a combat based event, there are no insta-death things, and I'd imagine consent being required to kill off a character. So...Players are treated quite fairly overall.

Roleplaying tends to carry a certain negative stereotype to it that I can't describe better than this video: https://youtu.be/CMzQ7D8j30I?t=60
We could attract more players if we dissuade any negative image about roleplaying. Write a brief description of Toro Roleplay ((or roleplay in general)) to attract players who adhere to that stereotype.

Toro Roleplay is taken very seriously. The whitelisting app is basically a test to see if those applying are serious about roleplaying, and to make sure they know such things such as Godmodding, and powergaming...as well as Mary-Sue and Gary-Stu characters. This prevents people who are not serious about roleplay from getting onto the server and ruining the fun for others.

Other: Mmm...Not that I can think of, though I would like to thank you for taking the time to read over my application.
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Skolarr's Public Relations App

Alright, so this is just a correction to the negative connotation RP carried, so, here we go~

In all honesty, RP shouldn't carry the stigma that it does. Roleplay is like an escape from daily grind of life. Some view it as a good way to relive stress, while others view it as a good way to hang back and have a good time. It isn't just something that lonely people do; its something that people do to meet others and just basically have a good time. Think of it as playing a popular game like The Witcher, or World of Warcraft; Instead of trying to grind up for levels or do ridiculous things for OP equipment, you're basically painting your own adventure, and doing whatever you feel like.
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”