Chakurano's Event Team Coordinator Application

Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Chakurano's Event Team Coordinator Application

RP Name: Benji Charne / Harvey Garrett / Annette Bonheur
MC Username: Chakurano / Featherclone / Dudeman508
What we should call you: Benji or Chak is fine.
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: 4pm to 9pm on weekdays, all day on weekends.

Are you in any logistics positions in-game?
Yes. Benji is Viridis mayor and owner. Harvey is a member of the RTMP, as Detective. OOCly, I'm an App Team member.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
Well, I have an occasional tendency to either focus far too much on one insignificant detail, or ignore a certain detail I dislike. Although I've gotten better at containing it, it still sometimes happens. Also, I can't make skins from scratch. I can merge, fix, edit, and change existing skins, but I can't make them from nothing. In general, pretty-looking art isn't my thing, I'm more of a editor than a creator when it comes to art.

Tell me about any experience you have in the following: story writing, skin creating, redstone, plugins, and default minecraft commands and functions, Event Acting/Building/Planning.
So let's see... I've written a large amount in the form of worldbuilding, having cowritten two stories with a friend, and have been slowly writing a book of my own. I can send links to whoever's reviewing.
With redstone, I'm a bit out of touch. However, I used to enjoy creating secret redstone mechanisms,and I have used redstone to set up logic gates. All in all, probably could use a refresher.
Plugins and commands, hmm... well, I've been an admin on a few servers before, and used to know how to manipulate most of the plugins used on them. As for here, I've been on Toro a while and at least used to know how to use all of the plugins. Again, could use a refresher.
Finally, event team stuff. As mentioned, I've been on Toro for a long time. I'm familiar with the way events typically run, and have even hosted an event of my own.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:
The Day of the Return! Worshipers of the God known as Tauris, Lord of the Earth, have been coming to Toro in accordance with an ancient prophecy written in a half-forgotten language. They've set up camp in the former festival grounds, and are sending out priests all over the region to ordain the ground and look for their Lord. Nobody is allowed into the camp, and strange earthquakes grow more and more frequent...
In this event, actors would play priests of Tauris, traveling to different locations throughout Toro and going through various rituals to "purify" the land for their Lord's arrival. These rituals would draw in aggressive pixelmon, who would need to be defeated. As each location is purified, the earthquakes would grow more frequent... And more powerful.
After all of the ritual locations have been purified, the priests would attempt to awaken their Lord in the center of Toro. The big event, this could go one of three ways.
Path A: Team Noir and the Black Knight both show up to capture the God, who manifests itself in humanoid form. Better stop them!
Path B: Rather than their Lord, a tauros of truly enormous size emerges from the ground and goes into a frenzy. It is revealed that the prophecy had actually foretold the return of the Great Beast that slew their Lord, and now must be stopped. Get to it!
Path C: As smoke fills the air, the priests release pixelmon and reveal that they're actually a group of elite thieves, and have been using Tauris, a made-up being, as an excuse to steal from others. They declare their intent to use Toro as their new base of operations.Time to save Toro!

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
The main thing needed would be the camp. The camp would need multiple tents set up around a center alter, marked with suitable words. Next, lore books would need to be written and copied for the priests to give out. These could be written simply as copied parts of the bible, or be written as entirely custom books.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them too.
Father Churreli, leader of the priests.
Appearance: Bushy white eyebrows cover piercing green eyes. His face, wrinkled with age, is marked with smile lines and is constantly moving. He has a stooped back, although he barely seems to need the monk's staff marked with the words of the prophecy that he always carries.
Personality: Father Churreli is a reserved man, talking in riddles and questions. He delights in tricking people into answering their own questions, and can often be seen praying to his Lord.

(3) Create and attach a skin of a character within the event.

(4) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event or create a poster that could be published via the Forums that would get players interested in the event.

Return to “Accepted Applications”