truthseeker83
MC name: truthseeker83

Truthseeker83 GM Application

~~~~

Full Name: Allen Cook
RP Name: Michael
MC Username: truthseeker83
Time Zone: CST
Number of hours available: It varies, usually at night, or Morning when I'm not at work. ((Time varies depending on my work schedule))

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?

Short-Answer Yes but I'm sure you want some details. In-game my character is the head of research & development
currently and will be building a staff with his future 'projects' eventually when I get more help. Out of character I am Lead GM and handle all applications regarding hiring staff with of course administration's help and head of the Event team on Toro. I approve or deny event idea request and assign event team members to them. I just reposting my application as an example for the community.

What can you bring to the GM team?

Well I bring myself. Wait.. do you really want me? Well its to late to turn back now. Seriously though I have years of expereince with minecraft ever since its beta phases and understand most mechanics inside the game. I have also managed other servers, as administrator such as on Orbis as well as the forums. I have lots of roleplaying experience which is needed as a moderator to help others and teach them how to correctly roleplay.

I've been on multple teams such as Magic team in which I assisted with approving applications to use magic. Also helping the magic community with questions and creating great role play for those around me. Lore team, on Orbis I assisted in creating a lot of the lore with a few others roxforbraynz, techie09, pixie524 and a few others that have slipped my mind. I've assisted with Tech teams on different servers with plug in development, putting together good plug-ins that went well with the server and background and helping to manage them.

I love helping new players and with my years of customer service in real life I understand how to resolve issiues and be patient dealing with people who are irrated at something or someone. Lastly being a father I've learned a lot of patience and can deal with most problems without getting upset or having a temper... most.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to moderate?

My family, I put my children first although they are not with me alll the time when they are here I'll be spending more time with them then the server. Also some see it as a weakness but I tend to see it as a Stregth, I have ADHD and tend to get distracted easily, but I've learned a lot through this . So don't feel bad I become scatter brained when I have multiple things going on a to once. I personally work better when I can focus on one thing at a time.

With GM powers, what is one aspect of the server you would change?
I wold love to create fun events for the player base. My overactive imgation and creative thinking can come up with some random and fun ideas from time to time. I also like and hope to assist with more technical needs as well. Helping new players will be a plus to see the grow and learn how to roleplay correctly and then see them helping others brings a smile to my face.

Previous experiences:

(Most Recent) Lord of the Craft Magic team, plug in tester, among leadership roles in RP on the server. Adminstator of Orbis Tec which was a rp tekkit server. Mentor both on LOTC and Buxville for new players. Creator and manager of the group Chat now 4 fun.. which was a social network / gaming community back around 2002-2005 or so. Also mentioned most of these up above. Real life experiences as well that I mentioned above, over 8 years of customer service experience.

Other:
I have experience and knowldge that will be benifital for the server and also I love the admin team.. I want to see this succeed and I dont' mind putting in the effort to help this happen.

~~~~

Return to “Accepted Applications”