MC name: ChaosMarine599

ChaosMarine599's Event Team Builders Application

thank you for reading in advance

RP Name: Dr. Hertz-Klaas Mielke
MC Username: ChaosMarine599
What we should call you: Chaos is fine.
Time Zone: US Eastern - (UTC−05:00)

Number of hours available?
Now that college has started up again, I can safely say that I am free most evenings during peak times and most afternoons, except Mondays. Once again, my employment will most likely mean random times that I might not be able to make it, but I will try to make that apparent if I am needed for something.

Are you in any positions in-game?
Dr. Mielke is the head doctor of the hospital at the current time, and he's been a doctor in Toro for quite a while now. Also I'm an RP trainer.

Why do you want to be an Event Team Builder?
Being an event team builder means that I get to make things more pretty. I sincerely love to make things look as good as possible, which is why I helped coordinate the Tavi and Silly wedding decorations. Fine details are key, and I just want to make the whole world a bit more immersive with all of our new props and mods.

What can you bring to the Event team as a builder?
I can bring an eye for interior design. I know how to design a room, a building, what have you, and I absolutely love doing it. I can work with many different kinds of redstone devices, and am always out to make things work well. If presented with a redstone/design problem, I make sure to see what workarounds we can do, or work to find a solution.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
I really really am not very good at just flat out building buildings. To start from scratch and build up from nothing makes me uneasy. Interior design really is my strong suit, I leave architecture to the pros.

With Event team powers, what is one example of an event build you would create? The event can be an original or from someone else’s event team application. At least a minimum of a paragraph, please.
What I am hoping to do, and what I can't wait to do (if I am accepted) is to act like a detailer. So, once the event or building is created, I would go in and add small variations in block type, and add little details using different mod items or blocks that just make things look a little more polished. So, for example, in an event where ruins are involved, an event team member might make the basic shape of the ruins out of cracked stone brick, but maybe some of it needs to be mossy, or maybe some of it needs to be just normal stone brick. I am aware that that can be done with WorldEdit, but some weird results can happen when it is done purely randomly. Or, for another example, if a cave is created, sometimes it needs to look more natural, or perhaps have some little nooks and pits placed in. And for a final example, housing. Housing, especially housing has the same amount of space as similar housing, tends to be furnished the same. But unless it is meant to be like this, as in a hotel or motel, I would be interested in finding new ways to use the same space.

Previous experiences (Please provide screen shots of your work):
To be honest, I had to throw something together quickly because I did not have any work on this computer that looked particularly good. But I tried my best to build and detail a little riverside house.

(Sorry for these pictures! Right-click, open image in new tab to see them in full.)

Other comments: Hi! I've decided to crawl out from under my hospital rock (which is actually just a regular rock with a red cross painted on it) to try out for the event team and hopefully make things a little prettier. Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you on the server!
Raepriest
MC name: Raepriest

Re: ChaosMarine599's Event Team Builders Application

Hello there~!
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but...
After seeing the job you did of decorating the bed and breakfast....

*sighs*.....

All I have to say is....

Return to “Accepted Applications”