dekt's GM Application 2: Electric Boogaloo.

dekt
MC name: excadr1ll

dekt's GM Application 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Yes, even GMs have to go through the reapplication process!

I'll make this one a bit more brief than the last time. My old one can be found at this thread in the archives, for reference.

Full Name:

(Heart and Erik already know this.)

RP Name: Ryan W. Flynn.
MC Username: dekt.
Time Zone: UTC -5. (EST/EDT)
Number of hours available:

I'm usually available at my computer for about half the day, at varying times. I can be easily contacted by other members of staff if needed.

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?

Currently serving as a Game Moderator here, as well as the Gym Leader of Aurelia. I may soon be giving up the gym leader position with another tournament to focus more on my staffly duties.

What can you bring to the GM team?

I'm usually mature, but I have a sense of humor about stuff. If I make a mistake, I've always been sure to own up to it immediately if I'm made aware of the mistake I've made. Though I can admittedly be a little stubborn if I don't believe I've actually made a mistake.

I do actually enjoy helping people and I don't mind being asked questions, or asked for help when I'm on, even if I'm vanished. If I do happen to grumble about it, please be aware that it's just in good fun, meant as good-natured ribbing, and I'm never actually in a bad mood while I'm on Toro. I try very hard to keep myself off of the server and away from people if I'm in a bad mood, because I really dislike giving myself the chance to snap at others and take out my own problems on them for no reason. It's something I just refuse to do.

I'll look into problems and keep the ideas, suggestions and complaints of others in mind. If they're brought to my attention in a polite way, I have no problem with keeping track of them and bringing them up to the other members of the Admin/GM team. In those cases, I'll always try my best to keep track of where the suggestion originated to give the player credit for it.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to moderate?

My communication skills are a little... completely horrible! With vocal communication, actually. I'm not a very talkative person on teamspeak as most know. I prefer to give short, concise answers and I'm better when I have more time to think about what I'm saying. Such as forum posts, instant messages, and in-game chat.

I don't like to make promises I can't keep, so I'm sometimes a little vague when asked questions. I've been told more than once I come off rude and short with people when it wasn't my intent to do so.

With GM powers, what is one aspect of the server you would change?

I have been working on some things. Checking into newer mods and plugins to see if they would work better for us. Some of these might be implemented soon, but I'm not sure about that. I check and try to respond and resolve /tickets as promptly as I can.

I've currently been wandering areas and seeing where it might be okay to lift some of the mob spawning restrictions so that we have less areas where the 'one-hit KO' bug will take effect. I've already made a few changes to the worldguard flags in some areas to help with that.

Lately, I've been helping out and filling roles in the actor's event team to allow some of our hardworking event actors the opportunity to bring their own characters to events. I hope I've been able to make some of these temporary characters at least a little bit enjoyable~

Aside from those things, I've been doing a little bit of everything. Trying to streamline and get the land auctions back up and running. I believe those are ready to resume this weekend! I've been taking a look at some of the detailing on older buildings and updating some of the details with our newer mods (mainly the furniture mod). Nothing too drastic... just replacing some of the 'stair chairs' with actual seating and making the desks and tables look a little more like desks and tables.

Previous experiences:

Not much, aside from what I've been doing around here. A lot of it has been behind-the-scenes. I do have a lot of experience with minecraft mods and plugins, and resolving interactions with them. Erik is definitely better at that than I am.

Other:

I'm already a GM, so... now is your chance to get rid of me! Muahaha!

-dekt
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

Re: dekt's GM Application 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Welcome back to the team! ^^

Return to “Accepted Applications”