Flynn's Villainy App

Will Flynn become a villain?

I do believe this player will add fair and enjoyable Villainous RP.
100%
I do not believe this player contributes to the communities' RP
No votes

Total votes: 7

DannyJay
MC name: nutellarain

Flynn's Villainy App

General Questions

MC Name: DannyJaysPlays
Character Name: Flynn Staffwood

Character's Age: 21

Character Alignment: Neutral Evil

Why do you believe you are such alignment?: Whilst Flynn's never been considered "Lawful" or "Chaotic" as he's never been the most law abiding citizen, nor is he crazy, he's not afraid to lean either way to get what he wants.

Character Race: Human

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?: Several times over, yes , purely because I keep checking if anyone's applied and I keep reading them over xD

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:
1. Lock-picking & Theft & Breaking & Entering
Flynn is very meticulous and plans everything extremely carefully, including his... 'heists' before any raid, even the smallest, he'll look at every detail and plan it until it's overkill, it's the way he is, Flynn's extremely greedy with cash and stockpiles it all up for bragging rights, this fits him perfectly...
3. Chaos/Deception/Conning
Again, Flynn is extremely greedy, and loves to be the smartest guy in the bunch, this is just Flynn in a book! He gets all he wants from this stuff, whilst it's less on the chaos, it's more on the Conning and Deception, he loves to play with people minds and walk off without them even knowing what's happened, it makes him feel better about everything though he leaves others in bitter despair.
4. Corruption
Money, money, money, Flynn! Corruption is a given if you're greedy! He'll love a bit of corruption! Though Flynn does have morals and will never overdo it, he'll do his part of villainy in that area!
Flynn won't commit any Arson or anything chaotic, purely as he sees no benefit from it, he's just greedy and will do what he wants to get something, whilst sticking to morals of course.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?: A man who's just looking for some easy cash or just to play with people heads a little bit, nothing 'too' evil.

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?: I personally love the idea of villainy and not enough people are doing so, so I applied! Plus I'm greedy too, I want to be the richest person in Toro! It's just a truck load of fun, I'm so glad they threw this into the mix!

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)
Flynn was born and raised in the Kanto region, whilst his dad worked in a small development company similar to Pix Co. Though his dad was quite a stickler, Flynn disapproved of this and wanted to be a little more wild, he actually trained for a few years! Irregular of Flynn but it was inspired by his father, the only thing that his father did actually inspire into him, Flynn got into a lot of trouble over the years and fortunately just as he was about to make a lot of enemies his Father got a big placement at Pix Co. Thus we moved to the Toro region, though not many children like moving Flynn loved it, it was like a giant playground for him, at the age of 17 Flynn father passed away, whilst his Mother was already gone shortly after birth, Flynn had no parents left, this changed him...
Flynn took this as an opportunity to take his turn into earning some cash, but he didn't want to do it the way his father did it, he worked at a cheap store for a while, nipping some cash out of the register every now and again, until he decided to start a small business at 19, his corruption got the best of him, not knowing how to control it he did in fact get a tad Chaotic he started to spiral out of control until he caught his breath, after walking out with around 50k at hand, he did well, he had some cash, regained control of his tendencies, and is back to his old corruptive ways.
2 more years down the line he's still himself, still greedy, corrupt, pessimistic, angry that his parents left him alone, WHY. WHY DID THEY DIE SO SOON? But... Still Flynn...
Recently taking a new shot at a new business which also fits his persona, a gambling bar, it's so... Flynn... He's still going his own way, never relying on anyone, keeping his 270k to himself, waiting to invest it into something potentially valuable.
But that's not what interests him. No no no. He wants a heist, he wants back at his old life, it's been a long time Flynn, can you pull it off? We'll see...

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?: Flynn always places himself in the other persons shoes based on his surroundings, he has an almost "Sherlock Holmes" sense, meticulously diagnosing all of his surroundings, making out their life from things, he'll go through his plans to see if it's the right person to heist on, if they've had a bad lifestyle he'll leave them be, if not, on with the heist! He's quite nice at heart, just a small uncontrollable greed.

What are some notable strengths of your character?: Flynn's character is actually very meticulous which fits this perfectly, this sort of thing needs good planning, plans 5 steps ahead and all that. Also Flynn is extremely charismatic, he's very well known around areas like Aurelia, and puts on a kind face, but won't think twice about conning them and such! Also you could consider extreme wealth a strength in some cases, bribery.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?: Instantly coming to mind, greed, people say greed is the greatest mans enemy, his downfall, Flynn can get very carried in way in most instances and may overdo it a bit and will lead to his downfall, even after the planning he'll throw it out the window from time to time for a bit extra.
Overconfidence, whilst Flynn can be considered quite intrinsic he can be overconfident in his plans convincing himself he's ALWAYS right, as well as overconfidence in fights, if he gets caught he'll most likely pick a pixelmon fight with the wrong guy, especially as he has extremely weak pixelmon.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?: Loyal? Flynn? PHA. Flynn will backstab anyone for a bit extra cash! It's his one true love, he'll do anything for it, it's a brilliant feature, he'll backstab anyone if he thinks they 'deserve' it, again putting himself in their perspective, he don't want to ruin anyone's life. There's only 1 person he won't backstab, as they've been through a lot together, they've both been friends for a long time and have even bought land together, and have planned an entire settlement together, that's where his backstabbing stops, that's Ryan Flynn. (Dekt)

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large man you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
I smile, trying to look as genuine as possible, as I think to myself 'I'm not giving my cash away, PHA, MY cash I earned it, what have you done for me? Oh god why does this have to be every month, this is my nightmare.'
"Oh hey, has it been a month already? Darn..." I try to think of a way to avoid the situation, but I've already answered the door, even my charismatic charm won't get rid of these people, I've tried many a time "I er... I guess I have to pay you now? No rainchecks?" She nods, "NOW." I despairingly pull out my cheque book, she clearly notices it was a fake smile to begin with, "Fine" This is inevitable every month, anyhow I'm getting more profit from this place, guess I gotta pay... I continue to write out the required amount and hand it to the Woman, "Good day Ma'am" I say, trying to fake the smile again.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
Overhearing the situation I spring up, "Oh this is perfect." Not knowing how to approach them without startling them I bowl right in with an overbearing smug look on my face "Hello gentlemen, could you be any louder? Anywho, I hear your requirement and would like to join you men, of course I'll need to look over your plans, make some adjustments et cetera, I assume that's okay with you?" The men look confused, "Perfect, shall we start?"

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
I immediately rush to the old woman in question and help her up, I sees no large benefit in this and even if I did she's defenceless, it's cruel to leave her. "Are you okay? We'll get you to a hospital immediately and I'll get your pixelmon healed up, don't you worry!" I continue to do as I promised.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
I walk over to the 2 people dressed up, "I see... What are you getting out of this exactly? I mean trapping people in holes isn't very efficient for your case, you're like children! Try robbing them, take their pixelmon if you want?" Flynn smiles at one of the members, "No? Let me demonstrate" I take this opportunity to take some of the strangers belongings, not everything, but enough to satisfy myself, "They're defenseless, use it for your own will!" 'What a bunch of amateurs...' I shrug the event off, "These people better walk out of here alive, if I hear of any deaths I know who to come back to," I think for a moment, what else could I get out of this? "Of course... You could pay me off to 'forget' I ever saw you completely?"

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
As nice as I can sound a softly yell "Excuse me, young man!" Surprisingly he actually stops, (If he does....) I then approach him and light heartedly say "Ah young man, I noticed you've taken my wallet! Well, I'll say you did a fine job of it, I was a lot like you, except I didn't strangers evil looks while I was doing it!" I laugh while he looks kind of scared, "Listen, I'll just take my wallet back and send you on your way, I'm not going to shout, I did it too!"
I proceed to giggle and slowly walk away, hoping to make the child uneasy.
I yell behind me from a distance "Good luck on your next haul!"
Last edited by DannyJay on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
dekt
MC name: excadr1ll

Re: Flynn's Villainy App

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?

I've roleplayed with him quite a lot on TL so far, and we've also worked together in our concept for a new settlement, extensively. Also I'm immune to his backstabbery! Hooray!

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?

I have no doubt that he's able to follow the VA rules to the letter. In the time that I've roleplayed with him I've never experienced him to participate in any major metagaming or other rule violations so far!

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?

Other than calling me 'dekt' IC by mistake a few times, not that I'm aware of xD. We have had to interact OOC in the development of a settlement, so that's sort of a separate deal. But I've never once heard him bring an OOC issue IC or vice versa.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?

I believe so. He plays his character very believably, as a person who isn't extremely interested in the raising of pixelmon. He could easily go train up all of his pixelmon if he wanted to (or pay someone literally sacks and sacks of cash to raise them for him)... but the fact that he hasn't, and maintains the characterization, I think, speaks for his willingness to put himself into losing situations, as he hasn't shown that he's the sort of person who needs to win at any cost, resorting to meta/powergaming to do it. He is not that person.

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?

I can't speak for everyone, but I have enjoyed roleplaying with him on a regular basis. I've never felt uncomfortable or left out of any scene in which I've participated with him.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?

I think they're more than relevant, from my experience with the character! I think they fit him to a T, and I've once remarked to him that I think his character would make a great loan shark or racketeer.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.

Unfortunately, at this moment I don't have one on hand. A lot of my roleplay was done before villain applications were a thing, and I didn't think to screenshot any of it. I will update this with the necessary images in the future!
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

Considering this app hasn't been touched in a while, I'm going to put this here:

This VA still needs two (2) more References before it can be reviewed. At least one of the three (3) total References must have screenshot(s) of the applicant's RP included.

Thank you, and good luck~!
evildandis
MC name: evildandis

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC?
OOC: I know him very well, hes an awesome guy.
IC: I have Rp'ed with him a couple of times.

Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules?
Of course.
Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP?
No, I have never seen him do this.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win?
Not sure how to answer this question ;/

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone?
It is very fun to RP with Nutella, because he always keeps it interesting and entertaining!

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
I agree that they are MORE than relevant ( just like dekt said ). He even already has developed his hatred for certain characters! And I can already see a whole event based around his actions.

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
http://imgur.com/U0SeBhi
DannyJay

Thanks Dan ^_^
DannyJay

So yeah, just added a poll, don't know if it's necessary for old applicants but anywho, I need one more reference though if anyone would like to? :)
DannyJay

Wow 6 up 0 down, awesome positivity :D
Thanks anyone ^_^
haveyouseenmyhat
MC name: haveyouseenmyhat

This application has reached the minimum of +10 points, and is now locked, pending review.

Return to “Villain Application Archives”