Application

Silint
MC name: Silint_1604

Application

Player Questions

Minecraft Username:
silint_1604

Where did you hear about us:
Where did you hear about us: I heard about you from reddit and was briefly mentioned on a podcast.

Tell us a little about yourself:
I don't know much about pokemons besides Gen 1 and Gen 2 but lack super niche details about the pokemon worlds so please forgive me if I mess up on lore. I enjoy playing TTRPG’s with friends and am looking to join a new community.

Roleplay Questions

What is meta-gaming? Provide an example that's related to RP!
Meta gaming is using outside knowledge to influence your characters IC decisions (E.G. Having your DnD Character know chemistry to help him build a body sized handwarmer to stop him from going hypothermic).

What is power-gaming/godmodding? Provide an example that's related to RP!

Do your best to describe what "power-gaming" means in terms of roleplay in our server!

Power-gaming is using in depth knowledge of the system to create a build that requires something very niche to beat or is largely unbeatable E.G. A pokemon team that is stacked to counter almost every other team that the player knows of, or in RP doing a continuous emote string that dictates the outcome you as a player wants, without giving the other player/ a gm a chance to rebuttal without retconning your emote (E.G, Roman grabs the Tesla coil to power himself and become super charged instead of dying because he's a GIGA CHAD and then use the power of the tesla coil to channel lightening through my foe, instantly killing them and making ME ROMAN the hero of this story, every one bows, and the king hands me the keys to the kingdom. Everyone now loves roman and thinks he is the kewlest person ever.)

What is retroactive continuity? Provide an example that's related to RP!
Retcon is basically changing things about a person or event after they have been established. An example of this would be if said my character grew up in X town that was familiar to the players but then changed it after I played for a few weeks to begin saying “Actually my PC is a time traveler who came from the future to rewrite the horrible future where they don’t have flying cars or cool lasers.”

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it?

Character bleed is when people have a hard time separating IC and OOC actions and often blame OOC factors for things that happen ICly. A good way to prevent it is if you are noticing this happen is communicate with whomever you are RPing with that you need to step away for a moment, Step back and remind yourself that your character is not you, and same with the person you are rping with, their character is not a representative of them nor is yours you.

An example of Character Bleed would be, and what you can do about it:
An example of Character bleed would be getting personally upset after losing an important battle, be it a gym battle or against the elite four, getting upset ooc at both the other player icly or oocly. To prevent if you see yourself becoming upset by the events of an rp take a step back and reorient yourself and would rate it on a list of irl priorities, at which at least for me, it would rank at the bottom.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server: yes

General Character Questions

Full name: Roman Jeagarson

Appearance: - 80+ word minimum.
Roman Jeagarson is 5’10”. Is a white male who has white hair, Green eyes. He has two horizontal purple tattoos on his left arm. He wears black pants and leather steel toed boots and wears a black jacket with the sleeves rolled partially up with a purple shirt underneath. He has purple bracelets on the same arm that he has his tattoos on (Left) and wears a watch on the other. He Keeps his pokeball hanging from his front left pocket.

Personality: - 150+ word minimum.

Roman is a fake psychic who tries to pass off as someone who actually has psychic powers. Normally Roman is pretty easy going UNLESS someone questions his psychic powers at which time he becomes very defensive about his psychic powers and will try to prove that he is psychic as he feels that being a psychic is his identity. He is close with his abra and often will have “conversations” with him openly despite only having limited understanding what it is trying to converse, and often forgets that his Abra does not communicate with others. Roman largely keeps to himself despite his wants to make more friends and be likable but the fact that he pretends he is psychic often makes that hard for him. Regardless Roman perseveres onto his dream of becoming psychic (an unattainable goal) despite everything the naysayers tell him and will continue to believe his self delusions into the current future.

Biography: - 150+ word minimum.

Roman Jaegarson is from a family of psychic trainers in jhoto from Mahogany Town who all rely on the psychic powers of their pokemon quite heavily to get day to day tasks done. Roman, was insistent since he was young that HE was psychic despite not having any psychic powers and pretended to achieve things people just could not see with his psychic powers. Growing up Roman was a big fan of bowling and often would invite his cousin Niko out bowling with him who frequently rejected his bowling related advances. That is when he decided, that if Niko wouldnt bowl with him, he would force the best to bowl against him and he will cheat the entire time using his kewl psychic powers that will give him a competitive edge because he is not that good without real fake powers! When he was fourteen he went out and found an abra who kept teleporting away from him, and he would try to use his ‘psychic powers’ to stop the abra from teleporting away. After months of running into the same abra and trying it the abra started to play along, and has been using its psychic powers to occasionally gaslight Roman into thinking he is actually psychic, further feeding his delusions while it thinks it is doing him a mercy and he is beginning to awaken his powers. Now that Roman is older he is trying to spread his wings and ‘advance his psychic powers’ by observing the journey his abra undergoes to advance its psychic powers. He has decided that his home town is not the place for this and thus has left to explore the world!

Flaws:
He thinks he is psychic and poses psychic powers, he in fact is not and has no powers.

Ambitions:
Roman wants to turn his Abra into an Alakazam and use this journey to discover psychic powers himself, to help him cheat at bowling, but plays things off like he already is psychic.

Starter Pixelmon: Abra

Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/OjdFyZV

https://imgur.com/a/OjdFyZV

Open Response Questions - 150+ word minimum for the two scenarios you chose

Prompt: You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Repones :“Not to worry small friend, I THE GREAT PSYCHIC ROMAN AM HERE TO HELP!” Roman will first exclaim before he pushes his arms out and strikes a pose before intensely concentrating on the Meowth! After several moments nothing happens and he begins to pipe up again exclaiming!“ I see, your Meowth is not only stuck in a tree but there has an acute mental barrier surrounding it! That's going to make things difficult! But not to worry, I ROMAN NEVER BACK DOWN FROM A CHALLENGE!” as the words exit his mouth he begins to furiously focus on the Meowth in an attempt to use his psychic powers to lower it gently to the ground. After about a minute of this he huffs, in a mix of embarrassment and anger that he was not able to lower this Meowth, something CLEARLY within his abilities to do. “This cannot be my legacy” he thinks to himself, before devising a plan for the girl never to remember him! He quickly runs off without doing anything substantial to help despite his best efforts.

Prompt: You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

“AH! I see you have recognized the genius of the great psychic Roman! I accept your challenge to battle! Go fourth Abra and show him the true power of our psychic acuity!” He calls out as he fumbles through his pocket to grab his Abra’s pokeball and toss it out! Abra Spills out of the pokeball rearing to go! Its sitting on the floor looking kinda sleepy. “This is it Abra! We are going to show the world our great teamwork and how us psychics really get things done!” Sweat drips down his forehead, Abra turns to him with a questioning look, as if he is trying to convey “are you really sure you want to use THAT? Roman nods fully prepared to accept the consequences of the actions him and abra are about to take. After a quick moment he calls out “ABRA SUPER SECRET SPECIAL MOVE GO!” Moments later the Abra teleports the two of them away, effectively running away from the fight.
ZIF
MC name: ZIFFromGeico

Re: Application

Forgot to post this but APPROVED! Enjoy this whatever it is as your reward!

Return to “Accepted Applications”