jamsoap
MC name: jamsoap

New Character - Kasper Leavitte

Minecraft Username:
jamsoap

Where did you hear about us:
my dear wonderful friend ZiroFaux

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a creative writing / English education double major (currently in my 4th sem (sophomore))! I love drawing, writing, roleplaying, and playing video games (mostly co-op or multiplayer!) and I cannot wait to get started rping here on Toro!

Roleplay Questions

What is meta-gaming? Provide an example that's related to RP!
Using outside information that you the player knows that your character would not. Say I know what someones secret is ooc, that doesn't mean my OC can use it ICly- if I do, that is metagaming.

What is power-gaming/godmodding? Provide an example that's related to RP!
power gaming is when you are intentionally creating a space where you "win" the encounter without letting anyone else have input. Ex: I hit you and now you are dead because I hit so hard. That is power gaming because you haven't let the other person react in any way.

What is retroactive continuity? Provide an example that's related to RP!
Retconning is when you have something stated or previously rp-ed out and then you change it up with no warning or notice. If you have not written it in a backstory before, you should do that before rping it.

What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it?
Character bleed is taking in game scenarios and situations and reacting to them as you the player not your character. A good way to avoid it is by taking breaks and creating space between you and your oc as you play.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Loads. I play a ton of DND and other TTRPGs along with being on MassiveCraft for the last year or so. I also partake in a few discord RPs! I cant wait to get started!

Full name:
Kasper Ernst Leavitte

Appearance: - 80+ word minimum.
Kasper is of smaller stature, standing around 5'6" and of a stockier build. He looks as if he spent most of his youth climbing mountains or tall trees. He has your average amount of scars - nothing major but certainly enough to tell funny stories about around a dinner table. His skin is a soft bronze, tanned from years spent outside in the wilderness. His hair is a fluffy dark turquoise, not unlike the ocean after a storm. He has deep brown eyes and dimples on his cheeks when he smiles- which he can often be found doing. He dresses nicely, often in a button down and tie of some kind (though the button down is frequently a t-shirt sort). Clean slacks and nice hiking boots round out the look, accompanied by a wristwatch and sunglasses on the top of his head.

Personality: - 150+ word minimum.
Kasper is outgoing. He is full of life and loves to explore the world. Learning new things excites him and he loves hearing about other peoples lives - especially because he knows his own is unconventional. His love for Pokemon shines through and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Because of this, he is quite stubborn and opinionated, believing his heart above all else - even logic and reason. Not easily discouraged, he will pursue whatever his heart has landed on, even if it means moving across the world to discover new Pokemon. He loves adventure and making new friends. For Kasper, adventure means making the most out of what you are given in any particular moment. As an avid camper, he is used to coming up with new and creative ways to solve problems. He will work hard until hes gotten it right and is not the best at receiving criticism about how hes gone about doing things. He is not good at asking for help but if you offer it, he will not turn it down! After all, teamwork makes the dream work, right?

Biography: - 150+ word minimum.
Kasper is from the far-away Unova region, hailing from Driftveil City. As a child he grew up surrounded by the mountains surrounding the main island center of the region. His father was a miner within the Twist Mountain while his mother worked at the port helping the fishermen and women bring in catches for the day. At 15 years old, he wandered his way into some of the mining tunnels and stumbled across a lonely Dwebble with a broken leg. Without a second thought, he scooped up the small crab and carried it all the way out of the mountain to the Pokemon center where he waited until Nurse Joy told him the small 'mon was going to be okay. Everyday he went and visited the Dwebble until the day it was time to send him back into the mountain. It broke Kasper's heart but he felt it was best for the small bug Pokemon. The Dwebble took a few small skitters towards the tunnel before stopping and turning around and looking at Kasper. When he made no move towards the Pokemon, it took it upon itself to go back to the boy. From then on the two have been inseparable, with Kasper developing a deep love for Bug Pokemon. Kasper finished his primary education and secondary Education, along with attending Uni for a year before dropping out to explore the world. His schooling didn't focus on one thing or another in particular, though he always enjoyed photography classes. He has traveled to a few regions before Toro - Kalos and Paldea- and completed a few gym challenges along the way. He has never fully invested time into the Gym Challenges but it is something he finds interesting! Mostly, his travels lead him places where (he thinks) the coolest Bug Types are! He enjoys taking photos and learning about new Bug Types as he travels, writing in series of journals about all the people hes met and the places hes been! On a boat back to the Unova region to visit his parents before embarking on his next adventure, one of the people he spoke to recommended he go to Toro next. Following this strangers advice, he sets out for Toro for his next adventure!

Flaws:
Kasper cannot sit still for the life of him, constantly feeling the need to move and shift.
He is action before talking which can land him in some pretty hot water.
He feels passionately about all things and will have an opinion and is unafraid to share it - this can cause unintended arguments to ensue.
All he wants is for people to know that Bug Pokemon and other 'unwanted' Pokemon are just as lovable as any other and he would lay his life down for his cause. It is not that serious. He doesn't know this.

Ambitions:
Have the whole world love Bug Pokemon as much as he does or at least have more people excited about them.

Starter Pixelmon:
Dwebble <3

Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/Zt1OYe6

Response:
After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Kasper lights up, the grin on his face contagious as the woman speaks. He has been waiting for this. This is his moment. His moment to finally tell someone about his dreams!
"Bugs!"
There is a long beat of silence as the two stare at each other. The woman, holding her clipboard tilts her head, confusion clear on her face..

Kasper blinks a few times before groaning, smacking his face with his hands and pushing his head into them. His sunglasses slip off of his forehead into his eyes before he shakes his head, pushing them back up and clearing his throat.
"Sorry, got excited and forgot a few words there.. haha.." He laughs, trying to play off the embarrassment. The woman smiles kindly and gestures for him to continue.

"Well you see, I'm from the grand region of Unova and I am traveling across the world to try to teach people about the joys of Bug Pokemon!" His megawatt smile returns and the smooth air of confidence is back. "I love bug Pokemon so much and I know they are greatly misunderstood - it is my goal to help fix that!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Wordlessly, Kasper rushes to the tree and looks up. His eyes land on the terrified Meowth and without a sound he sends his Pokemon Partner Dwebble up the tree to help the poor cat Pokemon out. The small girl grabs onto Kaspers shirt and he kneels down next to her to help calm her down.

"Hey, Hey.. It will be okay. My good friend Dwebble is going to get your Meowth down no problem, okay? Don't worry." He speaks softly, the tone of someone who clearly has young people somewhere in his life. He points up to the tree where his Dwebble is gently coaxing the Meowth to get onto its rock so it can climb down.

"See? Dwebble is already getting your buddy down, no problem! It is okay." He smiles softly at the young girl, offering her a tissue to blow her nose. As she does so and wipes her eyes, Dwebble successfully gets the Meowth onto its back and begins the slow going down out of the tree.

Kasper keeps kneeling next to the girl until both Dwebble and Meowth are out of the tree before helping the girl to her feet to get her Pokemon. As the girl hugs her Meowth tightly, she peers at Dwebble. It is a moment of the two blinking at each other before she giggles and Dwebble shakes happily at her. Kasper cannot help but smile and him and Dwebble say goodbye to the duo before heading further into town.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: New Character - Kasper Leavitte

Welcome! Thank you for the changes!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”