Volunteer Actors are folk that are happy to help others by acting as NPCs in mini-events or personal roleplays! This is not a staff role and does not come with all the same permissions nor responsibilities. People have always been allowed to run Mini-Events, and they still can. This is just an extra helpful role to show you're interested, and open to DMing stuff for other people! Plus it comes with a channel to have a more direct point of access to ask staff things in regards to DMing, - Supervising - advice, and such, with less hassle of tickets.
How to join
Reply to this thread saying that you’d like to be a Volunteer Actor and agree to follow all the rules and other guidelines!
Prerequisite: You must be an active member of Toro for at least a month!
Volunteer Actor Qualifications
- * Problem Solving
* Handling a bit of chaos & improv
- * You will ask the appropriate parties before using a location for a mini-event or Pokemon encounter if it applies.
-- This may be the mayor of a city and/or the manager of a location.
* Volunteer Actors will go to staff if there are any problems.
* You will always ask a player for their level of comfort regarding sensitive topics.
* If there’s any particularly odd or dangerous situations you must consult with staff first.
* Everything you do should fit within our lore; do not alter defined lore or add anything that doesn’t already exists
* They will not abuse this position to target a player or players negatively. If you do not want a player in your event, don't allow them to join and ask them to leave kindly; escalate to a staff member if needed. Ill feelings is not an excuse to abuse your position.
- * Basic wild pokemon in open spaces and non-dangerous locations
* A PRRC Pokemon for training / bonding RP if requested
* Independent small-time criminals not in any organization.
* Restaurant staff (with permission of owner!)
* Family members of player characters
* Priest for a wedding, or similar hired serviced.
* Similar small scale roles of this nature. The list goes on, these are just a few examples.
- * Dangerous / Powerful Pokemon
* Extremely Dangerous Situations that could cause Major Injury
* Pokemon in nests listed below
* Criminals in specific criminal / villain groups
* NPCs involved in any larger organizations [ Such as PixCo / RTMP / Rangers ]
* NPCs under another player’s business / group.
* Anything not automatically approved in the list above!
- Places that are known to be very dangerous & would need supervision:
- Drystone Cave
- Freyalise Cave
- Omega Island
- Anything on Aquarelle Island
- Dangerous Volcanic Caves [ Such as Garnet Caves / Golist Island Lava Cave ]
- Things you just CANNOT do:
- Do NOT make events that cause property damage or environmental damage on areas that you do not own.
- Do NOT make events with the intention to give yourself or others: Shinies, or Special Items, or anything like that. At least, not without approval from staff.
- Do NOT use Legendaries / Mythicals / Or anything else out of the usual.
- Do NOT make a large scale event, (EX: anything with legendaries, non-player villains, lore defining)
- Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, use an event to be vindictive to a player. We will not tolerate using an event to harm a specific player’s character without consent from the player.