SmokeyBBQ
MC name: SmokeyBBQx

Smokey's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SmokeyBBQx
Discord Username: SmokeyBBQ#2990
Pronouns (optional): He/Him
Where did you hear about us: VictoriaTheCutie
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I am an avid fan of Minecraft roleplay servers. I lead my own Minecraft RP server and am excited to see how you guys do things! This is truly a gem in the Pokemon and Minecraft community.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is, as the word suggests, the act of playing a role. How this is done may depend on the server, game, or community, but essentially, you detach yourself from your own persona and assume the persona of a different character.

What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is using information outside of the roleplay in the roleplay, sometimes to gain an unfair advantage. To avoid it, one should stick to their character's knowledge and only act based on what they know. For instance, knowing someone's name without them telling you is a common example of metagaming. Your character wouldn't know the name unless they had interacted with that character or seen it in the roleplay.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-gaming is forcing and predetermining the actions of others in RP, making an RP with closed options. God-modding, on the other hand, is making a character perfect and flawless in RP.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
Retconning is OOC changing a fact of the lore or roleplay. For instance, retconning could involve voiding something your character did and acting like they never did it in the first place.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
When you are roleplaying, "in-character" refers to everything that happens within the context of the roleplay while you are actively playing your character. "Out-of-character" refers to moments when you detach yourself from your character and stop actively roleplaying, such as when you discuss something with other players, or engage in activities that are not related to the roleplay.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, I own my own RP server and I have also played on another big Minecraft fantasy RP server.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: John Merlin
Appearance: Merlin carries the characteristics of a lanky young man, with glasses and a stern face. He has brown hair swept back and is of average height. Often, he carries a coat and a set of strange attire with various colors. On his left hand, he carries a purple glove, which he uses to cover up a large scar from a psychic explosion. His coat often swings dramatically and adds to his theatrical behavior.

Personality: Merlin is an eccentric individual whose behavior can be described as melodramatic and often outrageous, especially in public situations. Despite struggling with social norms, Merlin values both his alone time and socializing with others. He has a tendency to adopt a "mad" persona, which influences every decision and relationship in his life. The mad persona is characterized by his natural eccentric nature and various conflicting and unreliable ramblings. While these ramblings often change, he does have a pattern of portraying himself as a self-proclaimed vigilante investigating an evil organization that goes by various names, often referred to as "Team Chaos". However, despite his persona, it does not hinder his problem-solving abilities, as he often comes up with unorthodox but excellent solutions to problems.

Biography: Born in the Unova region as the only child of a prolific professor, Merlin developed an interest in the science of Pokemon at an early age. His father, who worked in an Unovan research lab, was frequently away studying Pokemons in other regions. As a result, Merlin spent a lot of time at home with his mother, poring over his father's research papers and conducting his own experiments. It soon became apparent that Merlin had a knack for Pokemon science, and his father rewarded him with an Espurr after returning from a project in Kalos.

Initially, Merlin's parents assumed that he was merely playing at being a scientist and not engaging in anything harmful. However, when the police showed up at their door, they realized that Merlin's activities were more serious than they had thought. A massive psychic explosion caused significant damage to the nearby town square, and it was discovered that Merlin had been testing the limits of Espurr's psychic abilities, resulting in the outburst.

Following a thorough investigation, Merlin faced significant repercussions. However, due to his father's strong ties and his young age, his punishments were reduced to a ban from training Pokemon within the town. Nevertheless, he was permitted to continue training his Espurr elsewhere. And after facing public scrutiny, it was decided by his father that he would travel away and study at a prestigious Kalos university.

As a relatively young student travelling from Unova following the "incident," he felt out of place and guilty about what had happened. He also experienced increased pressure due to the high expectations he had for himself and those that he felt others had for him, given his father's reputation. In his mind, he felt compelled to "fix" what he had done. To add on to the already harsh social conditions, Merlin was judged as the rumours about what he had done began spreading.

The mix of confusing emotions, emotional immaturity, high expectations, and wanting to both fit in and for people to leave him alone, made him develop an eccentric and unreliable persona that masked his emotions. However, he didn't dislike people, but rather, he felt that they were quick to judge and didn't understand him. As time went on, Merlin decided to strike out on his own and travel to Toro, but by then, his defensive persona had become a part of his personality.

Flaws: Due to his lack of relationships at his age in childhood, Merlin failed to develop proper social skills. He often acts outrageous which stems from his persona.

Ambitions: Merlin wishes to study the field of psychic Pokemons further and become a professor at Toro.

Starter Pokemon: [ You can get any Pokemon at Level 5- so first evolutions if they evolve! No Legendaries/Mythicals ] Espurr

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Departing from his studies, Merlin looks for the source of the girl's cries. He stares, attempting to piece together the situation before finally spotting the trapped Meowth. "Fool! I am in the midst of my studies! Is it that hard to keep your eyes on your Pokemon?" Merlin exclaims.

The girl goes silent, but her eyes start to water.

Merlin lets out a sigh, and his tone changes to a calmer but slightly annoyed one. "Fine, I shall help you free your Meowth. Just give me a second."

Dramatically, Merlin pulls out a Pokeball from his coat, revealing an Espurr. Merlin strikes a dramatic pose, pointing up at the tree as he exclaims, "Espurrrr, use your special ability!" As the girl watches in amazement, both Espurr's eyes and the Meowth begin to glow blue.

Suddenly, the Meowth is sent flying as it desperately grabs onto the branches to resist. Espurr loses control, and the Meowth falls right on top of Merlin, surprising him. He quickly calls it off as a planned accident and makes a wide arrogant grin. "Ah! Excellent job, Espurr," he says as the Meowth frantically tries to get off him.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
With a doubtful look, Merlin responds, "I am a student from Kalos, heading to study the Pokemon in Toro."

The woman continues smiling and replies, "Ohh! I see, Kalos! I always wanted to visit there!"

Without changing his mysterious and suspicious attitude, Merlin watches the woman with a frown. Out of nowhere, Merlin abruptly says, "Is this a plot by... Team CHAOS?!"

The woman jumps up in utter shock and yelps, "W-what?!"

Merlin quickly retorts, "What is the purpose of these inquiring questions? Tell me now!"

The woman, shocked with confusion and horror, mutters the words, "I-statistical reasons..?"

Merlin strikes an eccentric pose as he makes a mad laugh followed by, "You dare think I would fall for such petty tricks, tell me the truth, NOW!"

From afar, a tall, bulky man appears. He approaches the two and with a deep voice, asks, "Got some trouble here?" showing his fist to Merlin.

Merlin's eyes slowly crawl up the man, as he sees the stern and angry face. He then looks down at the fists again, as he suddenly charges in the opposite direction, yelling, "I shall remember your face, do not let me come by you again! CHAOS MEMBER!"
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Smokey's Application

Aaaand whitelisted!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”