My Application - Maliviere

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Maliviere
MC name: Maliviere

My Application - Maliviere

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Maliviere
Discord Username: (If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to) Maliviere_CNL
Pronouns (optional): He/Him
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one) Searching for Pixelmon RP on Reddit
Tell us a little about yourself: I've always loved Pokémon since when I was a kid and loved the Mystery dungeon games for their depth with characters. I also love to RP in World of Warcraft and I always I sometimes dream of making my own fan-Pokémon game myself with it's own region and story. Seeing the opportunity to RP one of my favorite series, I just had to try.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
It's when you have a character and you play as them during scenarios and events, things like "How would they react?" or "What would they do here?" is always interesting. The ability to RP a character in such a universe does limit you to that universe but it's also part of the fun.
What is meta-gaming?
It's when people use knowledge that their character doesn't have and was gained from OOC perspective.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
It's when you're invincible basically. (Or in this case your Pokémon could be too) and you don't accept any injury or any consequences as long as you are having fun (Which isn't fun for others and simply ruins RP experience)
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
It's when you change a backstory or history to your or others character's forcefully to fit the narrative better/convenience you better.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is when you're talking and emoting your character. OOC is when you do actions and say things that isn't. (In world of Warcraft this is emphasized by brackets in the text incase something happened irl)
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes I do. I have Rp'd in the world of Warcraft community for around 5-6 years ans still do to this day.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Maliviere Hatter
Appearance: He has quite a tall form towering the average height but not too tall. He wears a burgundy vest with a white shirt underneath having black attachments on the side for uniqueness and decoration Black long pants with shining black pointed formal shoes. Long Purple Hair , slightly tangled in the form of squared curves. Has quite an attractive face with shining yellow eyes but hides it behind a mask with a smiling grin and stars for eyes. One of the eyes of the mask reflects the eye color in such a way that it glows purple instead of the yellow colored eye.

Personality: Always a bright lad he placed his head studying pokemon and the world around him. But even with his looks and grades he couldn’t find ways to connect with other people as he was too shy. But even with his shyness his good nature allowed him to not care for his shyness when someone is in trouble or in need, acting quite swift to help the person or pokemon in need. He was always curious looking for the next puzzle , the next new pokemon to study and always wondered how each pokemon would interact with each other pokemon , that is to say he asked the question “How would one pokemon react if he met every pokemon?” but it’s such a grand question he knew it would take years to simply document it all. Except for the puzzles he finds within pokemon he dreams of two things, to be a pokemon professor , and to be a champion. For in his eyes to be both is to understand every pokemon.

Biography: Maliviere was born in Ecruteak City, raised by his two parents, he was an only child. They gave him everything he wanted as their trade as Hatters allowed them to buy him anything he desired (Within Reason). When he was young his parents did try to give Maliviere many different pokemon for him to start having adventures with but he couldn’t get that spark with the pokemon his parents chose like the spark some trainers have with their starting pokemon. Once he grew older he moved to Goldenrod city to study more in the city’s university. People from all around the world come to visit the city so it was a good opportunity to look and see how different pokemon reacted to each other. Maliviere was always too curious though as sometimes he would venture into the Ilex Forest woods , even with the warning to not enter without any pokemon as the curiosity got the better of him. He had made a mask which served two purposes, to hide his shyness from people, and for pokemon not to be quick to be agitated when seeing him, making them think his face was some pokemon. He ventured out too far one day into the forest and the sun was setting. As he was moving back it had already turned to nightfall and the city was in view from were he stood. Suddenly a shuffle in the leaves above him caught his attention. Within the dark of the night and the darkness of the leaves he saw a glimmer, a shine. Nothing he ever documented before about a pokemon that shined like metal within the trees. The mysterious pokemon rushed into the forest flying from tree to tree. And without hesitation Maliviere followed. He didn’t know what it was and it was just killing him inside to know, he thought it could be some sort of metal bird like the noblemen from Galar had described being a common bird. But he couldn’t take any chances so keeping his eyes directly on the pokemon he followed. The pokemon then descended into a small cave that could barely fit a person, kind of a hobble. Then the moon’s light revealed itself into the cave to show a murkrow holding onto a broach it stole. Out of breath he sighed as he knew murkrow could be in the forest, and while he never did document one, he was hoping it could be something else. He took a quick note of it and it’s behavior , though with his studies he knew it odd that a murkrow was alone as they are usually in groups , in fact the nest in the cave looked abandoned or rather… evicted. Suddenly several growls were heard from behind him and as he looked he found many Thievul and Nickits surrounding the small cave. Jotting it down in his mind it made sense. Murkrow the pokemon that steals jewelry would also be a natural rival to the Thievul line, who also steal. The Thievul must have gotten rid of the Murkrow due to all the stealing from each other , but it seems this murkrow didn’t hear about the message. Maliviere quickly grabbed the murkrow with the Broach in its mouth and made haste running to whichever direction was better to run on. Until at some point he fell from a small cliff , rolling downwards into a river. He quickly stood up , looking up to the cliff seeing the Thievul stopped. He looked at murkrow as it looked back to him and he smiled , slowly making his way to Goldenrod City. As he arrived wet and covered in mud holding onto the murkrow , the policemen saw him and came running as he had collapsed at the gates. He was returned to his dorm and his parents were called and came quickly to the city. He came to, some hours later and his parents were glad he’s okay. To his surprise murkrow came to fly on top of his lap , nudging his head against his chest. He looked up to his parents smiling telling them that he finally found a pokemon to connect with. A few years passed and he had passed his education regarding pokemon studies. He wanted to move somewhere outside Sinnoh as he thought he found all he could from the surrounding areas and while searching his options he found the region of Toro, and so he and Murkrow set out for a new journey ahead.
Flaws: Easily Distracted with questions and puzzles, craves answers. Forgetful especially when the topic isn’t something he’s interested in or if it’s not the current puzzle he’s trying to solve. Easily shy and flustered when confronted directly with no preparation.
Ambitions: To be a Pokemon Professor or to be the Pokemon Champion (Or Both!)
Starter Pokemon: [ You can get any Pokemon at Level 5- so first evolutions if they evolve! No Legendaries/Mythicals ] Murkrow
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

https://skinmc.net/en/profile/Maliviere.1

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Mal : -Mal’s eyes quickly dart to where the girl was pointing and without hesitation he ran. “Right , come on then! Let’s get your Meowth!”

Little Girl : -The girl seeing Mal’s quick action she followed, still having tears in her eyes.

Mal : “Right what do we have here… Murkrow can you go up and try to ruffle the Meowth out?”

Murkrow : -Murkrow , who had been already in the air from the small sprint went up to the tree , hidden from plain view one could see the shuffling of the leaves and cawing coming from murkrow.

Mal : -Maliveire keeping his eyes peeled to see where the little girl’s meowth as he watches on.

Meowth : ”Meowth!” suddenly is head as a shadow comes out of the three chasing after Murkrow.

Mal : “I’ve got it!!!” He exclaimed as he stumbled on his feet but managed to grab the Meowth from falling. Inspecting it closely it seems the Meowth got injured while up the tree, probably from chasing the pokemon that got it stuck there in the first place.

Mal : “Give me one moment Little one, it seems your Pokemon is hurt, I can fix that up for you in just a moment.” Mal said as he knelt down and opened his pouch filled with potions , small varying berries and a notebook. He grabbed one of the potions and sprayed the Meowth with it to heal it’s wounds.

Meowth : -The meowth purred with Joy as Mal then let it roam onto the ground seemingly communicating with Mal’s Murkrow that landed nearby.

Little Girl : “Thank you Mister very much , i didn’t know what I’d do without my Meowth” She cried and jumped with Joy.

Mal : - Mal while listening to the girl instantly got distracted as while his good gesture was indeed genuine, he suddenly got more curious as to how Meowth and Murkrow reacted towards each other. Finally snapping out of it he looked back at the girl “Oh , it was nothing really!”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Mal : ”Oh uhm I , me?!? I uhm, was just passing through and I’m really not that intere-” Mal continued to mumble and talk underneath his mask for sometime almost unhearable at some point while still in front of the woman as he wasn’t prepared to be asked any question about himself.

Murkrow : -Murkrow, quick to realise this as he had seen it before, starts cawing loudly into Mal’s ear.

Mal : “Ouch! Hey!” He looks at murkrow who quickly looked back at the reporter and Mal followed. “I uhm, sure I suppose you can.”

Woman : “Fantastic , so let’s start small, where are you from?” She said realising mal’s awkwardness and starting with small questions. Clearly a trained reporter.

Mal : “I’m from Sinnoh , I was born in Ecruteak City and studied in GoldenRod City before coming here.” He said as the question while easily still made him shuffle a bit.

Woman : -The reporter jotted it down onto her notebook. “And what made you move from the comfy lands of Sinnoh to come to the Toros Region?”

Mal : “I was trying to search for something new , something that was different from Sinnoh.” He replied once again shyfully.

Woman : “Yes but why Toros? You could have picked Kalos or Unova. Maybe even the beautiful Alolan islands themselves. But why Toros?” The reporter smiled clearly proud of her country but also quite curious herself to know the answer her eyes showed.

Mal : -Mal once again became flustered as he wasn;t sure what to say as each place had it’s own uniqueness. “I suppose it was curiosity , in Goldenrod City not many traveler’s came from the Toros Region and I was curious as to why essentially.”

Woman : -The reporter jotted down while nodding. “I see. And what are your plans here?”

Mal : “I uh, was hoping to study the behavior of pokemon and maybe , just maybe start out my pokemon Journey myself. Since I was a teenager it was only me and my Murkrow.” He said the last bit calmly as he looked over to Murkrow smiling beneath the mask.

Woman : “Interesting , some might think you’d wanna be a professor with all that studying. Now tell me , what is with that mask of yours?”

Mal : -Mal’s small spout of calmness came to a quick halt as his mask was mentioned suddenly. “Oh uh this I uhm.” Suddenly out of nowhere he bursted out “I use this to become a pokemon.” he said, followed by awkward silence.

Woman : “You do what with it?” The reporter looked at mal quite confused , making sure she heard right.

Mal : “I mean, I become a pokemon, as in , I use it to make pokemon think I am a pokemon , meaning to try and get closer to pokemon. To study them!” He then drops his arms and head in defeat as explaining was too hard and confusing at this point to then look back up at the reporter. “And it’s also because I’m shy.”

Woman : “Oh why didn’t you say so!” She smiled. “It wasn’t part of the survey, I was just quite curious as to why you were wearing it was all.” she said, smiling on.

Mal : -Mal’s eye twitched beneath the mask as he heard her say those words and sighed in defeat. He straightened back up and looked at the reporter.

Woman : “Well thanks for answering the survey , hope you have a good time here in Toro.” She said with a smile looking for the next person to ask questions to.

Mal : -Mal depressingly walks slowly towards the nearest cafe corner to calm down from all the shyness while murkrow followed along.

Return to “Inactive Applications”