River Helper App

DontFearTheReapa
MC name: DontFearTheReapa

River Helper App

Preferred Name: River
MC Username: DontFearTheReapa
Time Zone: BST
Number of hours available: I can be free at least 4 days a week, probably more, so maybe around... 20-30 hours?
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Almost a year. My god.

Why do you want to become a Helper?: As a DM for DnD and an avid lover of the server, I would love to work towards becoming an ET and contribute to the stories of Toro and run cool events for people (as well as help lighten the load for our already hard-working ET members - love you all!)
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: Not particularly, at least in a minecraft and text capacity, but I’m willing to learn. I do help out with TTRPG’s, both as a DM and helping newer DM’s get familiar with the role.

What can you bring to this team?:
- Whilst I may not be as strong at the building side of things, I like to think of myself as a good storyteller/writer. I've been a DM for well on seven years now (god, time flies), and I've loved every moment of it (even if sometimes I've lamented being the Forever DM. Clearly I'm just too good /jk).
- I’ve had fun with helping newer players get acquainted with the server when I can, even if I haven’t been as active lately, but I’m hoping that the ability to hop on and be of a bit more use gives me the drive to get back on Toro regularly.
- While I cannot promise I’ll always be available when needed, I will try to make as much time as I can, and aim to do my best during those times.
What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: My mental health can be wack sometimes, so I may not be able to help run large events often (though I could still run small things for players if requested) and may ask for assistance from others if I feel my own abilities won’t be enough, even if it’s a relatively simple task (to make sure that if I have to suddenly leave, there is at least someone there who can continue the event for the players), though I’d always give a heads up if this was the case!

Anything else we need to know: Did you know Slowbro is the only Pokemon that’s been said to be able to devolve? Even a Slowking stays a Slowking if the Shellder detaches - it just forgets everything it learned.

Random facts aside, I’ve almost been here a full year which is just… wild to think about, but this is by far the best community I’ve been a part of. If I am accepted, I look forward to working with the other staff, and if not, I continue to look forward to the great events the rest of the ET work so hard on!
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: River Helper App

Hey River, at this time we're going to be denying your application. The first and foremost reason- after some discussion with others, we'd like to put a pause on adding new Helpers right now. We already have quite a few, and we want to take this time to reorganize and fix up a few things before properly recruiting again.

You mentioned "I’m hoping that the ability to hop on and be of a bit more use gives me the drive to get back on Toro regularly" and for that- I think being a trainer alone should give work? Besides that, you shouldn't base your activity on your 'use' or 'work'; take time to work on your own characters and stories.

I very much do appreciate you wanting to help out and like to see how much you enjoy the community, and appreciate the fact you even sent in a application! Since you expressed a lot of interest in ET-related stuff in specific, I would advise you look into the newest announcement regarding Volunteer Actors!

Return to “Inactive Applications”