Rosey_Dream's Character Application

roseyfizzle
MC name: Rosey_Dreams

Rosey_Dream's Character Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: Rosey_Dreams

Discord Username: rosey dreams#0842

Where did you hear about us: I learnt about Toro League from my two close friends, Eels and Ember! They are also currently playing on the server as of writing this and have offered me to join them in playing.

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a digital artist who also has a lot of experience with roleplaying, especially in text-based roleplay. I do not know much about Pokemon or Pixelmon myself currently but I might get into it a bit more once I join the server out of curiosity, especially with my friends having joined it.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is a collaborative activity where a group of two or more individuals interact with each other or their surroundings in a fictionalized setting. Roleplayers typically write or cosplay as original characters in order to fit into the fictional setting / story.

What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is when a player learns about an in-game information from outside sources / platforms then uses that said information for their personal advantage, especially if the knowledge is important. An example of this would be if Player A learns about a secret over Discord instead of learning it through their character and uses that information against another player's character despite not having proper interaction prior.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-gaming is where a player attempts to control another player's actions or gameplay in order to gain an advantage in a situation and avoid defeat even by unfair means. In a roleplay fight scenario, this can even extend to relentless attacks being inflicted onto a character when the player is not given a chance to react or retaliate properly.

What is retroactive continuity (retcon)?
Retcon is wherein parts of a story's narrative is removed, altered or changed. This is sometimes done when there are plot holes or details in a story that heavily conflict with the overall continuation of the narrative.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character (IC) refers to when an action, conversation or attitude is done within the context of the fictional character(s). Out-of-character is used to refer to actions or conversations that are done by a person (aka the player of a character) outside of roleplaying.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
I am an avid text roleplayer with more than four years of experience. My first experiences started in roleplaying servers in Worldcraft and I continued to do text roleplays on a more daily or frequent basis in community platforms like Amino (often with close friends within a niche community server). It was around 2020 or 2021 when I finally started to roleplay in Minecraft servers like Nightgale, Stoneworks and Age of Settlers where I started to blend text roleplaying with actual gameplay and became familiar with terms such as metagaming and power-gaming. Most of my roleplay themes revolve in fantasy settings but are not limited to that.

——————————————

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Narcissa Abello

Appearance: Narcissa stands at 5'9" and has a fairly average body type. She has bright green, curly hair reaching her waist, dark green eyes and a tanned skin complexion to match her hair color, with a tiny scar nicked on her left cheek. She often wears clothes with shades of brown or black, pink and purple flowers tucked in her hair for decoration and a pair of round eyeglasses for her blurry eyesight. She also has tattoos inked on her arms that patterned after vines with flowers and leaves.

Personality:
Narcissa is anything but a talkative person, as she would often go about her day on her own quietly. While she is not one to approach people first, she still makes herself welcoming and kind to others in general upon being approached. She isn't the liveliest person at first impression or in a party, but she can be more expressive when she is alone or around people she is close to like friends or family (with the exception of her father, whom she behaves around). Along with her mellow and quiet personality, she tends to be shy at times and would be avoidant when it comes to wanting help.

She also has a soft spot for her Chikorita, Buttercup, whom she often carries about and pets like a cat when at home. She also tends to be more truthful around her Pixelmon as she sometimes talks to them like a personal confidant.

She does not often do battle as it is not in her nature or interest to start them, but she would try to see to it that she could find a way out or find a way to avoid deep trouble with other people or creatures. Her more simple views of the world extends to her motivations, with being driven mostly by pure good intent or curiosity, though money is a bonus for her.

Biography:
She was born to family lines of florists and horticulturists as an only child to Anemone and Cedar Abello, being of Renowan and Alolan descent. As her mother passed away at birth, Narcissa was raised alone by her now widowed father, Cedar, who worked as an apothecarist in a nearby town for a living as they resided in the lush forests of Renowa. They were not the wealthiest, though their generational knowledge of plants and crops have proven useful in keeping them somewhat self-sufficient with food. They always made do with what was available in nature so that they would be able to save on money for other expenses.

Growing up, Narcissa was homeschooled and was taught by her father the ways of caring for flowers and plants in hopes that she would carry on the traditional knowledge. While Narcissa's relationship to her father is sometimes challenged with his stern and quiet demeanor after his wife's passing, they are still able to cooperate with each other and do care about each other very much. Upon turning 20, Cedar finally allowed Narcissa to leave the family home and forge her new independent life as she wished or to continue living with him to work alongside with.

Despite Narcissa's uncertainty of the outside world, her knowledge being limited to the regions and generalized bits of history and culture, she chose to depart from her father and start her journey traveling in towns in hopes to see new people and exotic flora past the forest and the nearby local town. While Cedar would have preferred her to stay, he would let her choose her own path if it makes her happy..Perhaps her journey will teach her a lesson or two on how to navigate through her adult life.

Eventually on her long travels on foot, she seemed to take notice of a Chikorita basking under the afternoon sun among the side fields. Feeling generous, Narcissa took an apple and rolled it over to the little creature which happily accepted the food offering. After that interaction, the Chikorita started to follow right behind despite Narcissa's original intent to feed it rather than catch it. Though, if it was willing to follow..She supposed some company would be nice on the long way to Toro.

Flaws: Her knowledge of the outside world and people are rather limited due to her more remote upbringing, thus she finds herself introverted from other people and sometimes finds it difficult to communicate with others, especially when she wants to ask for help as she finds it embarrassing for herself to rely heavily on other people. She also has a slight lack of knowledge for technology due to lack thereof living in the woods most of her life thus she finds herself puzzled when having to use new technology when living in more urban places.

Ambitions: She is a person who does not have big dreams upon arriving in Toro as she lacks interest in seeking out fame and fortune. If anything, she finds herself most interested in finding new pixelmons and plants that were not seen in her homeland. She even considers finding a job in line with her skills in order to study more out of personal curiosity.

Starter Pixelmon: Chikorita

Skin: https://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/214 ... pixelmon-/

——————————————

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
-----------
Flinching in surprise at seeing a girl run up to her in tears, Narcissa looked at the little girl puzzled until she noticed the poor Meowth clinging on to the tree nearby. "Oh-..",she mumbled with furrowed eyebrows before she looked back down to the girl, briefly unsure of what to do until she crouched down to her level.

"I, uhm-..It's alright, dear..Uh, I can go climb up there fast and get your Meowth back..Just calm down, okay? They'll be alright..",she would talk in a soft and reassuring tone before she stood up to head for the tree on the mission, rolling up her sleeves in preparation, mumbling to herself. "Here we go then.."
----------

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
--------
Pausing right as she got off the boat with some bags in her hand, she blinked and looked at the merry lady puzzled before pointing to herself. "Me-?"she mumbled, looking around briefly before humming in thought. She wasn't quite sure if it was wise to give away information to strangers though she took a second to consider..Eventually, she gave in.

"Uhm..Well..I'm from Renowa..Just came by to find a job opportunity here in Toro..",she answered quietly, briefly fidgeting with the cuff of her sleeve. "As for where I intend to go..Well, wherever the wind takes me, I suppose..?",she added with a line of uncertainty, though she certainly seemed honest.
-------
You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
--------
Narcissa briefly froze as the random trainer came by and suddenly grabbed his Pixelball without even asking. She looked uneasy, attempting to scoot away first as she waved a hand. "Sorry, I'm not looking for a battle-..",she mumbled, glancing away awkwardly as she tried to find a way to flee off. She is certainly not going to entertain a stranger's ego by accepting a sudden battle-..

Though if there was truly no other choice, she would take a deep breath before she reached for her Pixelball, briefly lifting it near her lips to whisper to it. "Do your best, Buttercup..",she mumbled in encouragement before releasing her Chikorita to confront the opposing duo. The most she could do until then is make this battle quick..
------
Jobob519
MC name: Jobob_519

Re: Rosey_Dream's Character Application

Dang, that's a good app! Accepted!

Return to “Accepted Applications”