Whitelist Application - SooshyFeesh

SooshyFish
MC name: SooshyFeesh

Whitelist Application - SooshyFeesh

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SooshyFeesh
Discord Username: Sooshy#2759
Where did you hear about us: I simply googled "RP Pixelmon Servers" and this was the top hit.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a laid back person, or so I'd like to think, who's enjoyed playing Pokemon for as long as it's existed. I enjoy storyboarding, chit chat (when anxiety doesn't rear it's head), and rp, so I'm excited to see how things go here if this app goes through! As far as personal things, I like all music, love my two cats, watch space like it's the hot new TV show every chance I can get, and wish it were Autumn all the time..

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? -Roleplaying is the act of sitting down with friends, or in some cases complete strangers and working to craft a story together. You build worlds, characters, relationships, adventures, and memories together simply by imagination. For most, roleplaying is an escape, and for some simply a game, but either way, it's storytelling more than anything else. No matter how it goes, at the end of the session, nine times out of ten you've created something new.
What is meta-gaming? -Meta-gaming is the act of taking knowledge acquired in an OOC sense, and applying that knowledge with one of your characters, that wouldn't reasonably have any clue as to what had happened. A good example is hearing two people say they're going to meet up in game, and planning out an event. Then your character, despite having no information about said event, showing up uninvited simply because you the player knew and decided to go.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? -Power gaming and godmodding, while slightly different as far as I'm aware, go hand in hand naturally. Power gaming as a whole is the act of playing in such a way that you take complete control from another player, when it is unrequired/unnecessary. An example would be playing out an argument or fight in such a way that they're given no chance to respond, i.e; "I tackle Galen to the floor and pin his arms to his sides." This is an attempt at powergaming simply due to the situation playing out that Galen's player has no chance or opportunity to resist or alter the outcome.
God-modding takes this a step further by outright abusing in game mechanics or programs to forcibly affect another player and their character, such as inflicting conditions that would leave them defenseless or abusing code to make it so that they couldn't react to situations. Rather than RP, god-modding steps into the game itself to take control away.
What is retroactive continuity (retcon) ? -Simply put, as best I understand it, retconning is the act of going back to change events or traits that are already established, for better or for worse. These could be shifting aspects of an event that was actually roleplayed out, or changing bits of your characters' backstories to better fit an idea. In any case, it is generally, at least in my opinion, frowned upon due to causing confusion and inconsistency more often than not.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? -Again, simply put, IC refers to anything done by or to your character, rather than you. For example, if my character Jiro for example was given a new 'mon by another villager. That would be an in character example. OOC refers to anything regarding the player behind the character, rather than the character. An example to match would be a player asking what my schedule was like so that we could schedule events or sessions.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
For Minecraft/Pixelmon, no.
I've played DnD and other tabletop RPGs for over a decade, have spent 4 years off and on with FiveM and RedM roleplay servers, and have spent countless nights typing away in forum based RP or on other text based games.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Jiro Satoshi
Appearance: An Eastern man of average height, skin tanned lightly with a fair complexion given his homeland. His hair is black and an odd mixture of messy and well-kept, with a large patch of white on the right side of his bangs, complimented by a somewhat scraggly line of stubble along his jawline meeting in an incomplete goatee around his mouth and chin. He stands at the 6 foot height mark almost exactly, with a markedly confident and inviting demeanor to his posturing. His eyes are a murky green shade, indicative of a swamp or marshland's water, though the keen eyes of others might be able to detect some small weariness also hidden away within. His voice is smooth and calm, with a low rumble to it akin to distant thunder, and drives home the visual of Kantonese even more so. And to finally round out the look are his fashion choices. Simple, gray-toned outfits that make for a nice mixture of both cultural, older Kantonese robes and longer shirts, mixed in with a clean collarless button-down and slacks.
Personality: Jiro is a confident man when needs call for it, though certain quirks point to a more compassionate, shaky foundation to that confidence. He is kind and supportive to his friends, guiding and comforting to strangers, and works to put his own Pokemon's needs before his own. His life in the marshes of home led him to be somewhat self-serving, not looking to accept help from others for worry of their own time and energy being taken up on his own issues or tasks, and so when working he tends to keep to himself and keep things in his own grasp. He looks to each new experience with a studious demeanor, inquisitive and respectful, wondering if this adventure will be one of new discovery for the world at large. Altogether, he's a respectful, studious and compassionate man, who can come off as a bit closed off depending on the circumstances, not that he ever means to mind you..
Biography: Jiro hails from a marshland village on the Northern border of the Kanto region, his family tracing back far into the ancient days of the area, when Shoguns fought for unification and prosperity. Even today, they still hold strong ties to their past, Jiro included, but with the world changing and growing, a certain wanderlust built within him. He wanted to see more of the world and go on adventures of his own. Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to realize these dreams in the same timeframe most children do. Not that you'd ever hear him complain of course..
He waited until he was midway through his twenties to finally set out, making sure that his affairs with home were in order before doing so. The thought of leaving his family short handed, despite being the second of five children, gnawed at him day and night. His mother shooing him along was enough to finally push him out the door, and he set off with one of the freshly hatched Yanma his sister had been breeding.
The journey to the mainland was long, but he had finally arrived in the Toro region, eager to mingle and begin learning more of the world, starting here. Would it be where he settled down and focused efforts into one field, or would it simply be the first step on a longer path. Only time can tell us now..
Flaws:
- Slow to make friends due to his somewhat insular mindset with working and keeping his issues to himself.
- Opens up slowly to others.
- Has often been the recipient of being taken advantage of due to his supportive nature, and continues to have this issue, unbeknownst to himself. Simply put, he's too nice to strangers and too oblivious to realize when they are using him for personal gain.
- Extreme patience can turn him into a doormat, up to the point where he may finally snap and lash out in frustration. Not violently, but simply verbal anger. These instances are rare however.
Ambitions:
- Seeks to learn more about the wider world and it's inhabitants, both Human and Pokemon.
- Has a growing interest in studying Pokemon much in the way professors do. How does the ecosystem affect them? Why and when do certain species migrate? The wonders of breeding, etc. etc.
- Wants to show that there is no such thing as an 'unsafe' Pokemon, such as those typically found in the marshes and swamps of his home, but simply that they are not taken care of and respected properly.
- Wants to help share some of his home culture with the wider world.
Starter Pixelmon: Yanma
Skin:
Courtesy of Mishapricot!

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

==Jiro nearly stumbles back at the sudden rushing of the child, but quickly kneels down to try and comfort her. As he listens, his eyes shift to the tree, looking up into the branches she had pointed out. With a quick nod, and a shift as he stands, he pulls his outer robe off and hands it over to the girl. "Alright, I'll get them down for you, don't worry. Please hold this if you can, and use it to wipe your tears. It will be alright soon, I promise." Then, with no hesitation, he jogs to the tree and begins climbing as best he can, reaching branch to branch for better holds. It's an awkward feeling, and far from the few he had climbed in his home village, but the skillset is universal enough that he manages to reach the Meowth. Of course, most cats, especially those with larger claws, and even more so those in stressful situations, are bound to scratch at least once. And so, as Jiro reaches out to scoop the Meowth into his arms, the Pokemon lashes out, latching onto his arm and biting down. With a hard grunt Jiro reels back, toppling out of the tree branch and falling to the earth below. Luckily he managed to twist as he did, to keep the Meowth in, or rather on his arm. With a long sigh he waves the girl over, smiling up to her as he sits up and takes his robe back in exchange for her suddenly mild-mannered partner. "See? I told you, everything is alright." After a moment to assess the scratches and bites, he stands up, sets his robe back on, and accepts a hug from the overjoyed child. A few other bystanders congratulate and thank Jiro, and soon enough he's back on to his errands, happy for his good deed done, and the joy restored in the child.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

==Jiro furrows his brow at first, eyes trailing from the woman's face to the clipboard, then back again. "Ahh.. thank you. I suppose if it is for some science then I should help. Hmm. I come from the marshlands of Yojimi, a small village on the Northern Border of the Kanto Region. My journey is to see the world, to explore and learn as much as I can, and find a 'higher calling', such as studying Pokemon and their habitats. I find it a bit hard to do that from only one area." He pauses a moment as the woman laughs quietly at his joke, and he joins her, happy the mood is a bit lighter for himself. "Where I plan to go is harder to answer however. I have no set destination, only a mindset of travelling. I miss home but, all children leave someday. They say that so much on the radio that it has to be true right? So, I apologize but I'm not sure I can answer that properly. My original plan was simply to move through each region but.. now that I'm actually here, it feels as though my plan has unraveled somewhat." He pauses to chuckle again, folding his hands behind his waist and looking around at the town itself, focusing on the people interacting, and Pokemon moving to and fro. "To sum it up for your questionnaire, I came from a village called Yojimi, in Kanto, to study and explore the world, and am not sure where I'm going next. Hopefully that works?" With a smile and nod from the woman, she sends him on his way, and with a quick bow in thanks to her as well, Jiro continues on, his eyes shifting back to watch the town and it's people again. Where would he go next? And would it really be any different? The interactions here seemed almost the same as home, just with less formality, though in some ways that might be a good thing..

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

==Jiro's eyes narrow in, brow furrowing as he watches the small rat burst from the ball and take up it's stance. "Seems we have no choice. Yanma, now!" With a flick of the wrist, he draws his own Pixelball from his outer robe and releases the dragonfly, who immediately begins flitting about in the space between himself and Rattata. The man had studied and practiced some with battling, but it was still not his strong suit, and it showed here in his command of Yanma. Their work was coordinated enough, with the dragonfly zipping away any time the rat got close with a Tackle, but they were both caught off guard with a Quick Attack, Yanma's wings stuttering under the force and slowing it down. After a shaky Gust, weaker courtesy of the weary wings, the Rattata ended the battle with a hard tackle, plowing right into the flittering Pokemon's core. Jiro recalled it before it could hit the ground, apologizing and setting the Pixelball away for now. After a long sigh, and another apology, he congratulated the trainer, putting a smile on his face, as a kind gesture and graceful defeat set a smile on the other's. It wasn't his way to lose his head over a loss, and he had still learned a valuable lesson in the midst of it. Luckily for him, Yanma was also the type to push harder after a loss, so he knew that they would both bounce back better for the event. Jiro stayed a while to chat with the trainer, discussing training and strategies, before Jiro thanked him again for both the battle and conversation, and began making his way to the nearest PokeCenter.

[While some of my responses also involve the other characters involved responding and reacting, I can assure you that is only to help brighten the scenarios given in response, and not intended as powergaming]
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Whitelist Application - SooshyFeesh

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can a link to the installation guide in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”