JasonFromHR's ET Application

JasonFromHR
MC name: JasonFromHR

JasonFromHR's ET Application

Preferred Name: Justin
MC Username: JasonFromHR
Time Zone: PST
Number of hours available: Varies, typically 2-4 hours during the week, Weekends typically much longer.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: ~1 month

Why do you want to join Event Team?:

I'm a fairly creative person. I love helping to create and tell stories. In my short time here on the server I have noticed that a lot of people here share that same passion. Would love for a chance to help this world you all have created grow.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?:

Yes, I was a Head Admin for a Pixelmon server back when Pixelmon first came out. It was for a Youtuber called at the time SkyDoesMinecraft. As head admin there I was authorized to run various tournaments and such on the server as needed as well as do "events". It wasn't an RP server like here, it was more like a Coop version of one of the pokemon games.

I was also Community Manager for TCG and Hydra gaming. Both were Gmod RP servers(Star Wars, Halo, Military). I was most active during their respective Star Wars phases. In that time I worked as Head Staff working to create combat and passive RP events on top of normal staff duties. I typically ran episodic events during my time there, having multiple reoccurring characters within our own little lore.

Outside of gaming I've ran and played in multiple Tabletop RPGs for well over 20+ years. I also am a trained improviser, having taking classes at iO West, Mi Westside, Upright Citizens Brigade. I was also part of a long-form Improv team called 'The Revengers', we basically tried to bring comic books to the stage. Every show we did was part of our our own Revengers cannon.

What can you bring to this team?: [Anything and everything that you can do that makes you more useful to the team! It can be story writing, skin creating, redstone, plugins, default minecraft commands/functions, poster creating, event acting/building/planning, etc.]

I would consider myself fairly skilled in Story telling and improvisation. I also have a good amount of experience with Minecraft server and Pixelmon commands, although truth be told I am probably a bit rusty seeing as how I was head of that Pixelmon server something close to 10 years ago.(literally just looked it up, was back in 2014 jeebs I feel old now).

Examples: [If your skills involve something that can have examples such as skins, posters, or builds.]
Here is the Youtube channel for the Improv group I used to tour with: https://www.youtube.com/@therevengers4002/videos

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: [Adding what event(s), or type(s) of event(s), will help us get a better idea of the work you have done.]

Negative

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: [Building, planning, acting, etc.]

Negative

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: [#+ estimated players]

Wouldn't be a problem at all. When I ran events for the Gmod communities I was in we regularly had 30+ players. Back when I did the pixelmon server stuff our server capacity was like 200 and in the beginning we regularly hit cap. I would run and help with events there as well.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?:

Not a problem at all.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary:

Event title: An Egg-celent Opportunity

Player Hook: Pixelmon Breeding society has decided to host a sponsored festival/tournament in Toro. An advertisement would be broadcasted with the details. There will be limited spaces for the tournament itself. But there will be various vendors onsite. As well as options for adoptable Pixelmon, or purchase eggs.

OOC Details: Participants will be given a random egg to care for before the event. Whatever Pixelmon is hatched will then be used in a round robin style tournament. The winner will receive some sort of prize. Participants will not be allowed to level train the Pixelmon. There will be a Breeding Society member who will offer them their choice of up to 4 Vitamins, these are babies so no shoving tons of vitamins down their throats haha.

Twist: Seeing an opportunity to get some powerful and rare Pixelmon a criminal organization calling themselves The Marro-Whacks decide to attack the Festival. Hoping to make off with as many Pixelmon, and eggs, they can.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.

I imagine setting up a temporary battle field on top of the existing soccer field that is there. We could then also setup some food and vendor stations, as well as setup some festival style decorations. If possible, would love to have like a giant Pixelmon egg be part of the festival decorations.

Would also need to spawn in eggs for the participant. This can be done pretty easy with commands. Although I do not believe there is a way to randomize the eggs themselves. I figured we could just create a pool of pokemon to breed to create the eggs.

Would also need some "Maro-Whack" grunts/Henchpeople. Pretty much normal clothing/attire, except every member wears a Cubone/Marowak inspired mask. The color, material, and evolution-style determines the rank.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.

Mystery Egg Vendor - Very outgoing and charismatic. Think Circus or Carnival worker trying to drum up business. He also will not hesitate to use Egg puns when applicable. They ultimately are a conman, they are selling Mystery eggs "reportedly" extras from the tournament when in fact they are all Magikarp eggs. Eggs will be sold for 5K each.

Maro-Whack Leader 'Grey' - Mysterious individual who hides behind an elaborate golden Marowak mask. They are cocky and are very vocal about their battle prowess. They also are not afraid to fight dirty if needed, and do anything they can to win. If at any point it looks like they are going to lose or be captured they will not hesitate to throw their crew at the heroes to escape capture.

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.

A cheerful young woman sits at the entry desk, "Hello dear, are you here to sign up?" She pulls out a short form to fill out handing it to the trainer. The paperwork also contains the rules for the tournament. "Just fill this out and bring it back to me with your entry fee and we can get you sorted!"

------

The young woman lights up in recognition, "Glad you are back." She takes the paperwork and entry fee looking over the paperwork "Everything looks in order. Alright, now for your egg." From under the table she pulls out a long velvet lined case. The case resembles a very fancy, and much larger, carton of eggs. She takes one from random the case and hands it over, "This little one should be just about ready to hatch. Feel free to walk around with it. Once it hatches bring it to the medical tent and we will do a quick check of the little one. We will also provide some Nourishing food for it to make sure it is in tiptop shape for the tournament."

-----

An older man in scrubs smiles as the trainer approaches. "I take it you are one of the participants. Let's see what you got." He takes the ball and places it in a nearby medical machine. Info and such appears on the shared screen, "Oh, you got a Charmander. This fiery little guy looks raring to go." He makes a couple of notes on a clipboard, then takes the ball out of the machine handing it back along with some specialized food for the creature. "Alright, its been registered. Feel free to hang out until the tournament. Good luck."

-----

"You won't want to miss out on this Egg-celent deal. Come on Yolks! You won't want to dregg your feet on this deal. Our supply is limited!" A loud voice could be heard about the commotion of the vendor area. A man is seen pointing a cane to individuals in the crowd trying to pull them in for a sale.

-----

A husky man walks onto the temporary battlefield. He clears his throat and speaks into a large Megaphone his voice is smooth and deep, "Welcome everyone! My name is Hector Miles, and I will be your host for this wonderful event." Hector then motions towards the participant, "First we at the Pixelmon Breeding society want to thank our wonderful participating trainers. Each participant was given a Pixelmon egg to care for. They will now participate in a friendly competition. Now please join me in welcoming our wonderful trainers as they take the field." Hector lowers the egg themed megaphone motioning to the trainers to join him.

-----

The battle ends in a rush of applause from the crowd. Hector takes the field speaking into the megaphone, "What a wonderful way to start the tournament. Give it up for <trainer A> and <Trainer B>." He pauses for a moment to let the crowd react. "Allow me to introduce our next trainers as they take the field." <insert brief introduction tailored to the trainers>

-----

"Oh, back for another egg? Sorry even if I had another, only one per customer. No EGG-ceptions." The man begins to pack things away in a bit of a hurried matter, "Sorry kid, all sales are final." He continues to pack things away doing his best to ignore the disgruntled individual.

-----

As the battle ends a large explosion can be heard. Smoke fills the area, severely limiting the visibility in the area. A booming voice can be heard, "Enough of these kiddie games. Marro-Wacks, it's time to attack." From within the crowd several masked individual release their Pixelmon who begin attacking at random. In the commotion, they begin grabbing Pixelmon eggs.

-----

"It's cute you think you can stop me. This isn't some game, the Marro-Wacks play for keeps," The voice behind the Golden Marrowak mask is dripping with contempt for these would-be heroes. "Boys, you know what to do." From behind Grey, a group of Marro-Wack elite thugs step forward attempting to block access to their leader. One of the thugs pipes up in a nasally voice, "Yea, you ain't gettin' to the boss without gettin' through us!" A second voice rings out, "Yah, you punks don't stand a chance at all." They then release their pixelmon.

-----

The man in the Golden mask lets out a disgruntled yell as his final Pixelmon is fainted. Standing there looking to the heroes he gathers his composure and a smirk can be seen from under the mask, "Looks like luck is on your side today. Fortunately for you I have more pressing matters to attend to." From under his coat he releases a dozen or so small black round objects. Once they hit the ground, they each of them pops and emits an unusually large cloud of smoke. The smoke fills the area making it practically impossible to see, and hard to breath. Once the smoke has cleared the man, and those of his crew that weren't detained, have vanished.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?:

My out of game life can be a bit hectic. I work full time, with an on call schedule. I am also married and have a toddler. Although I will do my best to try to prevent things to conflict, life...uh...finds a way.

Anything else we need to know:
Nothing I can think off of hand. Thank you for taking the time to look over this application!!
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: JasonFromHR's ET Application

Hi! I appreciate you having interest and helping- ETs have to become a Helper first! Besides that we'd rather people be around a bit more to get a better feel of the server itself + simply just enjoy time as a player before worrying about being staff. In the mean time we can certainly keep in mind your willingness to help though, and you're also free to run your own events!

Here's a guide on DMing Mini-Events: viewtopic.php?t=2976
And if you want help, or something a bit more involved or intense, you are free to open an ET ticket in the Discord and we can work something out with ya.

So currently we have to deny - but I'd be happy to see you apply again after you've been around a bit longer!
JasonFromHR
MC name: JasonFromHR

Re: JasonFromHR's ET Application

Completely understandable. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I kinda felt like it might be a bit ambitious to apply for something like this with my relatively newer status to the server and community. I am just loving all the bits and pieces of y'alls past stories and events you guys have done. Felt inspired to at least throw my hat in; at the very least showing interest to help if needed.

I will for sure pursue this after I'm on the server a bit longer. I hadn't seen that guide on mini events, and that "normal" players could run them. I'll look it over and maybe do some of those.

Thanks again for your time. Cheers!

Return to “Inactive Applications”