Discord: 123eff #0238

123eff’s Toro league application

123eff’s Toro league application

Minecraft username:
123eff

Discord:
123eff #0238

Where did I hear about this?:
My good friend Jaysian_ recommended this server. He got me back into minecraft and with the release of Scarlet and Violet bringing Pokemon back into my life, I thought “ Why not take the best of both worlds and try something new?”.

About me:
Pokemon has been a large part of my life since I was young, With my first games being Gold and Silver on the GBA, Pokemon has always been there. It was a world where I could be the best and have an amazing adventure. And it really sparked my love for gaming as a whole. For my hobbies and interests I enjoy Volleyball, Minecraft, Pokemon and games in general. I’m interested in this server because when I was little I watched a lot of Pixlemon and dreamed of joining one.

Roleplay questions:

What is roleplay to me?:
To me roleplay is a form of acting/improv where you act as a fictional persona and can do anything you want.
Roleplay can be anywhere from reenacting to creating. Roleplay has a major creative and imaginative aspect to it, it's a way for people to escape reality and have fun/meet new people.

What is meta-gaming?:
Meta-gaming is a 4th wall break. It is when someone has information about something that their character wouldn't have access to in the lore. It ruins the experience for others and isn’t true to real roleplay/acting.

What is power-gaming?:
Power gaming is when someone not only controls their actions but also others, RP is about people expressing themselves and having fun and not being controlled like a video game. And in order to keep a fun and balanced environment for everyone, people should only control themselves.

What is a retroactive continuity?:
A retroactive continuity is when you add new details to your fictional persona that were not stated in your original description. Whilst on purpose or not it causes a power imbalance and makes it unfair for people who stuck to their description. If it’s planned out or not it’s hard to tell if you’re in character or out of character making stuff up.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is when you’re playing as your fictional character and have no relation to the outside world.While IC your actions affect the environment around your character. OOC is when you are your real life self and are not speaking on behalf of your character.

Do I have any experience in RP servers?:

My friends and I have made a few RP servers in the past, where wars, religions, alliances, treaties and other stuff all happened. It was a very fun experience and helped build my love for RP.

General character questions:

Name:
Tyler Narsus

Appearance:
Tyler is 5’9 and has messy dark brown hair with blue eyes. Tyler has a scar on his right eye making that eye a little lighter than the left, he got the scar when he had just turned 8. He has an overall skinny build some describe him as a “twig”. Tyler has good posture being raised in a rich family. He likes wearing button-ups with a black coat over it. He typically wears brown corduroys with a navy belt and white loafers.

Personality:
Tyler is a major glutton he is always eating he eats more than a Snorlax, his favorite food is Sweet poffins with Miltanks milk. Tyler puts on a happy and silly face but deep down he is very sad and only his closest friends know. He is constantly cracking jokes at the wrong place/time and can't realize that it was a bad moment. Tyler is very very competitive against his friend Nicholas “Niko” Ven, to the point where they battle almost every day. Tyler really loves research and he wants to discover a new species of Pokemon. He is also very optimistic and wants to make new friends/meet new people. But most of all Tyler loves his Spheal for it was his only friend in his home region of Hoenn and it saved his and Niko’s lives.

Biography:
Tyler Narsus was a young boy who lived in the Hoenn region who's dream was to discover new pokemon and become strong, but his family wanted him to live on the family legacy of pokeball part manufacturing so he was forced to make parts. Tyler hated it, he wanted to be just like the champion rich cool famous strong! But when had just turned 8 when his family went on vacation to Alola, he went there to visit his family friends the Vens.The Vens had a boy around Tyler's age who was named Nicholas “Niko” they got along instantly as if they were brothers.One day they went into Seaward cave to explore when Tyler caught glimpse of a Pokemon he had never seen before it was a big blue ball, thinking it was a new species he rushed deep into the cave yelling at Niko to come along. Eventually they came to a big opening where a Spheal and a Swablu were lying on the ground as if they were injured. Tyler rushed over to help it as Niko rushed towards the Swablu. He gave it the lunch his mom packed him for the day and the Spheal quickly jolted up and grew friendly towards him when the 4 were leaving, a Houndour attacked leaving a scar on his right eye but we managed to barley escape. When they all got home he begged his parents were scared and disapproved of the Spheal but he begged they to let him keep it. They agreed and considered it a birthday present. So Tyler and Niko battled every day at the beach. When they finally returned to Hoenn he was lonely, his family was over protective and wanted him to help manufacture Pokeball parts. Spheal was his only friend and kept him company through his lonely childhood. He and Waguu his Spheal played outside and in his room. His butler Maurice also hung around and reassured that he could chase his dreams of battling and he was actually the one who told him about Toro a place where all the strong trainers battle. Having an undying urge to battle he seeks out as much challenge as possible to become the strongest and fulfill his childhood dreams. Tyler and Niko met each other once more on the plane to Toro after getting into an argument rekindling their rivalry and now Tyler strives to be better than Niko no matter what.

Flaws:
Tyler is partially blind in his right eye so it’s harder for him to see. Tyler is self-important, due to being raised in a rich household Tyler thinks he is the center of everything or is the main character.

Ambitions:
Tyler has come to Toro to find a new species of Pokemon. But he also strives to become the strongest in the region without any family holding him back.

Starter:
Spheal

Skin: https://skinmc.net/en/profile/123eff.1

Open response questions:

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. After a long flight to Toro Tyler was eager as can be he immediately shouts“I came to Toro to find a new species of Pokemon that nobody has ever seen before!!” A little shocked the kind woman stutters “o.o…ok thanks”
“Hey, can we be friends?!!? My name is Tyler, what's yours?” asks Tyler. Overwhelmed, the lady says “ I’m good thanks but I'm sure there’s lots of new people to be friends with in Toro. I have to go now, thank you for your time.” “Ok bye!!!” exclaims Tyler as he runs off to the nearest restaurant.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. “Oh! So you want to battle huh??” Tyler says in a cocky overconfident voice “Ok, go Rattata!” yells the trainer. “Go Spheal, let's destroy this guy!” Tyler, never having had a real battle before, doesn't really know what to do. So he just yells “Spheal use ice attack.” “Rattata use super fang!” yells the opposing trainer. Tyler remembers one move he heard about from his cousin and yells out “Spheal use sheer cold!!” Finishing off the opponent Tyler says “ I knew i’d win! “Good game!”
“Good ga-” “Ok bye!” yells Tyler interrupting the trainer before he could finish as he runs off to find other’s to battle.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: 123eff’s Toro league application

I'm the one posting this but it was a group effort! Big thanks to the app checkers who helped- especially you Bedtime, bless.

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can a link to the installation guide in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”