DeadBoiRay | whitelist application

DeadBoiRay
MC name: DeadBoiRay

DeadBoiRay | whitelist application

Minecraft Username:
DeadboiRay

Where did you hear about us:
Reddit while looking for pixlemon rp servers!

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm Ray, I do a lot of Minecraft rp and nation building stuff. I’m also a big Pokémon nerd. Outside of gaming I do MMA and fencing, as well as other minecraft servers such as stoneworks and hypixel. I like to study Norse mythology and have a great interest in history and lore.

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the interaction between two or more people who are in character, acting out a scene. Roleplay consists of mostly improv but can have scripted moments. When roleplaying, the plot is controlled by the characters' words and actions leading to unknown destinations.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is when you actively do something that your character may not know, like solving an advanced calculus question when they know nothing about math. Meta-gaming is frowned upon because it brings an unbalanced experience for other people. Meta gaming can be brought into rp situations by not letting people react with a proper reaction.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Similar to meta-gaming, it stops other people to respond to your actions in rp. Power-gaming is also implemented when people go or say, “that doesn’t hit me because I'm fast” leading to an unbalanced situation and leaving one party extremely salty.

What is retroactive continuity?
Re-doing or replacing a certain part of lore/character lore, often for betterment of plot.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-Character is dialogue said by once OC (Original character), often taking place as an RP action. OOC is words said out of character, often to chat with other people, or to say something that might not have been noticed while in-character.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
I have played a lot of DND, and have been apart of several small RP servers. I'm also an active member of the Stonework Minecraft server, which has a solid base for RP politics.

General Character Questions
(( Please write these in third person! ))

Full name: Ray Alexander Ryce
Pick a name! Any name is fine, but if you pick a strange name expect to be questioned.

Appearance: - One paragraph minimum.
Ray is 6’1” and always tries to wear something that looks nice, but that is on the cheaper end. He has long brown hair, with a white stripe running through it that he dyed in. He has brown eyes that don't have much personality to them. His skin is a light tan, and his body is average for someone standing at his height.

Personality: - One paragraph minimum.
Ray is a reserved person, thinking of himself as analytical. In reality He is just an introvert who wants to be an extrovert. When He is trying to make friends, Ray tends to open up to fast, and often gets extremely comfortable around strangers. Since he loves Pokémon, he tends to try and lean into that when getting into conversations with people. When push comes to shove, Ray try's to do his best to do what's right in his opinion, even if others might see it as wrong.

Biography: - One paragraph minimum.
Ray comes from the Unova region, His father doing extensive research in the history of the world. Ray's mother would give him a basic home schooling education as they traveled the region with his father. Every summer, they would take trips to other regions. On Ray's 14th birthday, they visited Alola, where Ray got separated from his parents and attacked by wild Pokémon. A Rockruff jumped in the way and fended off the wild Pokémon, saving Ray in the process. The rockruff guided Ray back to a nearby town. Once Ray found his parents, the rockruff would not leave his side, so Rays father caught the rockruff and gifted him to Ray.
Ray returns to Unova with his family until he turns 17, when he is sent to live with a Pokémon researcher from the Johto region, and began to travel the world with them. On his 18th birthday, he was tasked to study and live in a region on his own, conducting his own research and having his own journey.

Flaws:
Ray is often head strong and chases his goals while sometimes throwing others out of the way to get to that goal. He doesn't know his limits. He tends to choke up while giving speeches or talking to large crowds.

Ambitions:
Ray wishes to catch and study pokemon like his parents, but also forge his own path, finding what he truly wants to do on his own.

Starter Pixelmon:
Rockruff!

Skin: https://imgur.com/Z4WmWRN https://imgur.com/a/IYCLU5B

Open Response Questions
((Write in third person))

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks.
Ray gets down to the girls level, looking her in the eyes, "Cheer up, I'll help get him down, where is he?" The girl grabs his hand and guides him to the large tree where a Meowth dangles from its branches. Ray thinks for a second, before taking off his coat, and sending out Rockruff.
"Hey bud, do you think you could hit the tree and get the Meowth to fall?" Ray positions himself under the Meowth, and orders his friend to strike the tree. As Rockruff attack collides with the base, the branches shake, sending Meowth falling down, landing just in the right position for it to not be hurt from the fall. Ray lets the Pokémon down and it runs over to the Child.
"There you go! All safe, but go get him checked out at a Pokémon center, he may a little hurt from getting stuck."
"Thank you Mister, and I will!" She runs off, taking her friend to get checked for any bumps or scratches.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard.
Ray looks at her, a little stunned from a long journey. "I came to the Toro region for research purposes, as to where I plan to go, I haven't quite decided yet. I think I want to go everywhere, and study everything!" He picks up his bag, and gives her a small wave before walking off, trying to find a place to rest for a second.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you.
Ray sends out his Rockruff, getting ready to battle. "Lets go bud, Show this chump what we got!" He Takes the first move, "Rockruff use Bite!" Rockruff charges at the Rattata, biting it, and in retaliation it uses Tackle, sending Rockruff flying back. The two Pokémon go back in forth, until the Rattata took one last hit, sending it to its side.
"Aw man! I lost." The trainer says, retrieving his Rattata,. and walking over to Ray, paying him the money he lost.
"Good match friend, better luck next time!" Ray shakes his hand, and continues walking along the road.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: DeadBoiRay | whitelist application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”