pinkhatter
MC name: pink_hatter

pink_hatter application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: pink_hatter

Discord Username: hahafunnydog#1976

Pronouns (optional): he/him

Where did you hear about us: Patrick

Tell us a little about yourself: Scottish man. Work in hospitality (mostly). Coffee enthusiast.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is essentially acting as a character of your own invention in a scenario with others doing the same.

What is meta-gaming?

Using information gained out-of-character in roleplay. Can be benign stuff like using a character's name that you haven't been told IC, or more serious, malignant attempts to gain an advantage over other players.

What is power-gaming/god-modding?

Powergaming/godmodding is essentially just giving your character an unreasonable amount of power, knowledge, etc., that they haven't earned in any way whatsoever. Can be anything from saying your character survived being hit by a train unscathed or something as simple as giving them a vast array of skills that there's no good reason for them to have. In terms of interactions between two players, powergaming/godmodding could include something along the lines of forcing an action onto another player. I.E. if you were in a fistfight in RP and immediately said that your character hit, rather than that they attempted to hit.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):

Retroactively altering the continuity of events, such as voiding emotes/etc.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

OOC refers to actions/interactions taking place out-of-character, I.E. between the players of particular characters, while IC refers to actions/interactions taking place between the characters, and not the players. (Never the twain shall meet)

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server?

I've played on MCRP servers on and off since around 2012 and have a decent amount of experience with playing Dungeons and Dragons.

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Abel Coleman
Appearance: Abel is a man who is fit for his age, years of manual labour have given him a broad, bulky build with very little fat to speak of on it. At the same time, his features age him beyond his sixty-three years, his large bushy moustache and goatee hiding acne scars from his youth. He usually wears dour colours, preferring humble browns, greys and khakis over more vibrant (and expensive) ones. He especially favours brown due to it helping to hide any muck he's built up over a day's work. His skin is darker than the average Avalonian's due to years of toil in the field, his tanned skin rugged and wrinkled from the constant exposure to the sun. He stands tall, especially for his age, having not lost his height and posture, standing a proud 6'5. His eyes are the same muddy brown that his clothes tend to be.

Personality:

Abel is nothing if not stoic, both from his natural temperament and his many years of life. His fundamental beliefs are that one should work hard for what one earns, but he has the wisdom to understand that different people have different levels of ability. He truly believes that it's hard work that counts, rather than good work, and respects anyone who puts their all into something, even if the results are poor. Oppositely, even those with good results who haven't put in much effort are viewed with derision and some small amount of suspicion by him.

Despite his stoicism, Abel is far from stonefaced, enjoying a good joke and pleasant conversation just as much, if not more, than the average person. He is compassionate and has a strong moral compass, having learned from his advanced age that a man is nothing without his principles.

Biography:

Born the youngest of eight children to then middle-aged farmers, Abel grew up with little knowledge of the world outside of his hometown, a small riverside village a few miles north of Carnford. His parents and older siblings all ran the farm together, primarily farming cattle (both Miltanks and Tauroses) while also maintaining a large crop of potatoes. In most of his youth, Abel lived off of a diet of meat, milk, and lots of potatoes, a diet which he thinks contributed to his large stature and broad shoulders, seeing as neither his mother nor father were particularly tall.

Abel continued living on the farm throughout most of his adulthood, never venturing far away unless required. He stayed at the farm and helped care for his parents as they grew older; most of his siblings had moved far away. He even stayed around the farm and showed his grandnephew, who inherited the farm from Abel's eldest brother, the ins and outs of farming, but eventually, he decided that with his years dragging on that he'd like to go and see more of the world. With the savings he'd grown throughout his life, Abel decided to set out on a grand tour with his closest friend- his Tauros, henry - to see more of the world than he'd ever seen before. This trip has finally led him to arrive in Toro, where he'll be staying for at least a couple of months.

Flaws:

Abel's two biggest flaws are his lack of knowledge of much of the world beside what he's seen on his travels and his natural proclivity towards mistrusting those younger than him, ever uncertain of their competence. On more minor notes, his hearing and eyesight aren't what they used to be, and his speaking voice is a bit louder than most people are comfortable with in any indoor setting.

Ambitions:

Simply to enjoy his semi-retirement or find a new path in life to explore. He might even consider getting back into farming should the opportunity present itself to him in Toro.

Starter Pokemon: A Tauros called Henry

Skin:

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Woah there, girlie," Abel says, muddy brown eyes glancing the little thing over sorrowfully. "Don't you worry, c'mere," he responds, taking the little girl's hand and asking her to lead him to the tree. "There we are, your Meowth's just up there, see? It won't be difficult at all to get her down," he says, smiling beneath his moustache down at the little girl. "Now, I'm a tall man, but I can't reach all the way up there. You mind if I pick you up to let you grab your kitty?" he asks the girl, raising one of his bushy eyebrows as he looks down at her.

"O-Okay," the little girl responds, as Abel reaches down and grabs ahold of her halfs, letting out a little "Oomph-aah!" as he heaves her up and holds her over his head, letting her stand on his shoulders with his hands tight on her ankles to let her retrieve the Meowth from the tree. Once the deed is done, he sets her down and bids her adieu.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons, of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Well, hello right back to you, ma'am," he replies, smiling, his teeth covered by his moustache as he does so. "I'm just here to have a look around the place, really- I'm not a, uh, worldly man, by any means, so I'm not all too sure where it is I'll be goin' while I'm here, only really know anything about this Tyrian place that I'll be visitin', though I might head down to this Aurelia place I've been hearing so much about. I's interested in seein' exactly what sorts of farms you've got around here, in particular, but that's about it, really."
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: pink_hatter application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”