Jaysian_ Application

Jaysian
MC name: Jaysian_

Jaysian_ Application

Minecraft Username:
Jaysian_
Where did you hear about us?:
My friend and I were looking for Pixelmon servers, and he happened to run into a Reddit post about it. So we started looking into it and decided to apply together to give it a shot.
Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Jay, and I'm Filipino. I've been playing pokemon since I was a kid so it's nice to see a community of people with the same interest. I play a lot of sports irl; volleyball, soccer, and basketball. I'm into video games and PC building as well. I also cook and clean for my family at home.
What is roleplaying:
Roleplaying is a reenactment of a genre, place, time, etc. It's where you make a character for yourself, and you can allow yourself to become immersed in a setting that isn't real. It's free for your imagination and creativity. Specifically, in a video game like Minecraft with pixelmon, it's where we can all act and live like we are in the Pokemon universe while we're in the game.
What is meta-gaming:
Metagaming is breaking the fourth wall. It's when you have information about the world and/or things within the world, but your character doesn't have that kind of knowledge, and you end up using it. This breaks the fourth wall as your character doesn't have a way of knowing the information you used, and breaks character. It's unrealistic to the roleplay and acting.
What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Power gaming is when you give too much power to an action, as in you start to control things that others do as well. Keeping roleplay and everything fair and balanced makes the game more enjoyable for all. Power gaming takes advantage of the freedom you have while roleplaying by using that exact freedom to limit what others can do with theirs. You should only have control over yourself without denying others options to take themselves.
What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity is when you add more details to your character's story that wasn't previously mentioned. Whether it's because you forgot to add it yourself, or you add it in later to improve your roleplay or power. Any unrecorded details that are mentioned make it hard to tell when you're in character or out of character or just making stuff up on the spot.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is when you're in game and you're playing as your made persona for the roleplay. That entails that you're not talking about any of your irl details or anything like that and you stay true to the story of the roleplay. Out of character is when you're in game but you talk as your actual self. It should only be acceptable if you're in the middle of interacting with someone else and you need to tell them you have to go afk or something pops up in the middle of things.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Used to play on a server called Vindexcraft which was a city rp server. I played roles as a law enforcement officer up to political roles such as Governor of a state.

General Character Questions

Full Name:
Oliver Irving

Appearance:
Black messy hair with dark green eyes. A tall young man about 6'0 with a more fit build but not buff like a bodybuilder. Prefers more casual clothing, but will dress accordingly to uniforms for work or school. Doesn't like anything with crazy colors. Doesn't like putting on things with too many layers or stuff that he'd struggle to put on by himself. Due to his family's poor financial he wears the same white pair of sneakers every day. He'd honestly be too lazy to buy new ones anyways.
Personality:
A logical and quick-thinking person. Very smart and capable, but very laid back and casual. Doesn't like to put in more effort than needed, and will only do things he needs to do. But he's very family oriented especially since he lost most of his family at a young age. He cares deeply about those close to him, and it's only when they need his help or anything that he'll willingly put in more effort than needed. Since he mainly only hangs out with Edward he doesn't have many friends, but he isn't shy or anti-social. He's fine with interacting with people, but due to his lack of effort in anything unrelated to his family, he tends to come off as dry and unresponsive to many.
Biography:
Oliver was born and raised in the Unova region. He grew up close to his older cousin, Edward, due to the passing of his parents. When Oliver was 4 years old they died in a car accident in Castelia city, so he was sent to live with his Aunt Susan in Anville City. The family spent years together living a slightly below-average lifestyle, but everything was peaceful. Oliver would spend most of his free time relaxing. He didn't struggle much in school and found things too easy. He was naturally smart, but that made him lazier than most. While his aunt and cousin worked to provide for the three of them, Oliver would take care of the minimal chores around the house like dishes and laundry due to his lack of drive. But he cared a lot about the family he had left, so he would bring himself to do some things around the house. When Oliver was 17 his Aunt Susan died in an accident while working on a train. The two cousins were left alone to take care of themselves. Edward had to work 3 jobs at once to provide for the family. Since Oliver hasn't graduated he couldn't find work anywhere. The only way he knew how to make money at his age was through pokemon battles. He sought to look for a Pokemon so he can enter small tournaments to help Edward out so he doesn't get too overworked. If it's for his family, Oliver will always put in a great effort. He eventually stumbles into a small Gible by the river. He's heard stories of the mighty garchomp that it evolves into, and he befriends it with some berries before capturing it in the only pokeball he could afford. Throughout the rest of that year, he would enter small tournaments to help pay for things. Oliver soon graduated from school as one of the top students in his class and started to work a real small part-time job at the local pokemart to help out even more while still occasionally entering tournaments nearby here and there. But the boys couldn't make enough to continue living in their poor conditions. Bills and rent were too high for their childhood home. But one day Edward hears of the benefits of working at Pixel Corporation in the region of Toro. With higher pay and insurance benefits, the two boys work together during the next two years to build up enough money to move. Now they set off on their journey to Toros to hopefully gain wealth and live a decent life. Oliver plans to apply to some jobs there, but with Gible by his side, he also had a small ambition to enter the Toro League, in hopes to make big bucks for himself and Edward.

Flaws:
Oliver is a very lazy person who will avoid putting in effort where it's not needed. Although he's capable at most things due to his natural smarts, he doesn't have the mental willpower or determination that most others have. He also lives in a very poor lifestyle. His main reason to moving to Toro is to make money and create a better lifestyle for him and his cousin.

Ambitions:
Even though he's lazy he looks to gain wealth in order to provide himself and his cousin a carefree and lazy lifestyle where they can do whatever, whenever they want. When it comes to his family's needs, it's the only time he tries slightly to go above and beyond.

Starter Pixlemon:
Gible

Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/wVqhrmU

OPEN RESPONSE
“Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.”. It had only been a few minutes since Oliver had arrived in Toro. He was already tired from the trip itself and has to deal with this confrontational woman right away. He didn't have the effort to care enough and didn't think that "statistical reasons" were important enough. "I just got here please give me some space lady," he responds while turning to grab his belongings. "I'll back away a bit but I'll still need you to answer my questions!" she says while taking a step back. "No, please leave me alone," he says without facing her, still making sure he has all his stuff with him. The woman is still there clip board in hand waiting for a response. Thinking he wasted a lot of effort trying to get her away already, he sighs and responds bluntly, "Unova. For money. Aurelia.". "Thank you!" the woman says as she writes it all down. She then leaves Oliver alone as he lets out a sigh of relief, "Finally.".

An eager young trainer sees Oliver. He notices a tall young man, and thinks to himself that that guy has to be a strong trainer. "I challenge you to a pixelmon battle!" but Oliver isn't interested. He didn't have any planned official matches that day. "No thank you," he says in response as he starts to walk away. "No wait! You have to battle me! I'll put up a great fight!" but Oliver isn't interested in anything unless it's an official match that he needs to attend. "If you wanna battle, schedule it at a tournament," he explains as he's already walking away from the young trainer.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Jaysian_ Application

Aaaand Approved!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”