MC name: rykata

rykata Whitelist App

Player Questions

Minecraft Username:
rykata

Where did you hear about us:
Reddit.

Tell us a little about yourself:

Looking to enjoy the nostalgia of MCRP whilst straying away from the fantasy trope, and figured this was something established that I haven't explored before.

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying?

Storytelling through acting, really. It's playing a character in a cohesive manner with others to create a united storytelling experience.

What is meta-gaming?

Meta gaming is simply using knowledge-acquired OOC to influence IC actions. This can be through discord, OOC chat ingame, etc etc.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Powergaming is making a claim that is 'absolute', such as "I do X and then Y happens to you". In turn, not allowing other roleplayers to influence the course of the story with their own emotes and actions.

What is retroactive continuity?

Retconning is altering a piece of past roleplay, either pre-play or during, that significantly changes either your character's ability/persona or has consequences on the current of future roleplay.

An example of retcon would be:

Three months into playing my character, I claim that I'm actually a prophet of Arceus sent from the stars to appease mortals.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is actions/speech made by your character, OOC is anything said or done by the player, and they should not be compared to one another. Even if someone's character is momentarily nasty, that does not mean the player is.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Yeah, as I said this is a nostalgia trip for me. I started in MCRP like 10 or so years ago now, in fantasy servers and eventually moved on to D&D. Want to experience the joys of MCRP again.

General Character Questions
(( Please write these in third person! ))

Full name:
Price Griffard

Appearance: - One paragraph minimum.
Ashen grey hair droops over a pale, inexperienced face. Two brown, almost amber, eyes peer look upon Toroan land with curiosity and wonder. A long, slender frame is shrouded by a pale blue shirt and black waistcoat, as well as the most boring beige trousers to ever grace the Toro region.

Personality: - One paragraph minimum.
Price is a curious and intriguing young man, often poking his nose into business that doesn't concern him in the hopes he'll find himself in a situation that gives him that hit of sweet adrenaline. His admiration of the impressive and wonderful is almost as strong as his crippling addiction to thrill, but that doesn't mean he can't be composed for three, maybe four minutes at any one time. Though impulsive, his desire to be strong is far and away trumped by his love of the ocean. The mystery and endless possibility both on and beneath the waves is something that's stumped this young man since he first laid eyes on the shores of the Sinnoh region.

Biography: - One paragraph minimum.
This child of Sinnoh was born to be curious and inquisitive. His parents offered little in the way of supporting his journey to solve the mysteries of the seas, though how could they? His parents ran a florist just south of Veilstone city, and by no means was the traffic anything impressive. They lived to get by, and their small but quaint family was certainly not starved of happiness. Surprisingly, Price wasn't really exposed to many Pokemon growing up. Of course, he'd often spend hours watching the trees and grass from afar with his school friends, spotting wild Pokemon when they could. But besides that, his parents shared a single Roserade between them, but that's all Price needed to become fascinated with the idea of being a trainer. Despite battling reluctant parents and an adverse reaction from his tutors, at the late age of 18 he finally set out with the goal of becoming a trainer in mind. He'd take over the ocean, and set his sights on not becoming the strongest trainer of all, but the one who'd pave the way for many young talents like himself to follow.

Flaws:

Price is fueled by his emotions, a doubled-edged sword surely. He often turns away from challenges he's uncertain of in fear of failure and letting others down, though in moments of intensity this can be discarded for irrational confidence which often lands him in situations far bigger than he's capable of handling.

Ambitions:

He wishes to discover the mysteries of the ocean, and become a landmark figure who'd delve into depths no others had.

Starter Pixelmon:
Mudkip.

Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/zdnaDp8

RP Scenarios

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Uhhh-" Lifting a hand to the back of his head, Price thinks for a moment before responding. "I came from the greatest region in the world, Sinnoh! I'm sure you've heard of our long list of famous trainers! Yeah, im /totally/ real close with all of them. But where am I going?" He pauses for a moment longer, before casting his arm out toward the vast ocean expanse he'd just sailed across, pointing. "Somewhere out there, I'd hope!"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

"Hey!" Price immediately responds, in a tone similar to that of a parent scolding their youngest child. "Did no one teach you any manners! I mean, who even does that? Sure, challenging someone to a battle is cool and intense but you're taking it way too far buddy!" He stands with his hands on his hips, clearly disapproving of this rude trainer's nature. "Now are you going to ask /nicely/?!".
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: rykata Whitelist App

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”