Lacrox
MC name: Lacrox_
Discord: Lacrox#1216

Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Lacrox_
Discord Username: Lacrox#1216
Pronouns: Any of them will do!
Where did you hear about us: I found multiple posts on Reddit.com, which brought me here.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, how are you doing? I'm doing okay at the time of writing this. In terms of who I am, most people just call me Lucas for convenience. I'm just trying to have fun roleplaying and keep the mood up. My favorite typing is Ghost, and I enjoy gothic aesthetic (Not to be confused with goth aesthetic). I'm glad to see the community since they're all so welcoming!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?:

Roleplaying is an interactive storytelling device that puts you, the player, in an acting position where you are the character. You act out their actions, thoughts, and dialog. It's an excellent way to socialize when you can't talk to people normally. It's also a perfect way to feel immersed in a world where you can experience everything firsthand.

What is meta-gaming?:

You, the player, use outside knowledge your character doesn't know to influence their decisions and dialog. It's very frowned upon in most, if not all, things I've been a part of.

An example would be one character spilling backstory to another and a third character having an interaction referencing that backstory that their character had no way of hearing.

What is power gaming/god-modding?:

You, the player, make it so that your character is immune to all forms of consequence in any given situation. This is also frowned upon and ruins the mood for anything impactful.

An example would be an interaction between two players where one of them decides to say something to the other character and then proceeds to have the other character react a certain way to fit their own narrative instead of allowing some good RP interactions.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):

In short, retcon is a way to rewrite a set of events as if they never happened or if they went about differently than how they did initially.

An example would be the removal or change to a significant piece of character lore which impacts many previous and future interactions.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

In character (IC) is when you say or do something as your character rather than your reaction as yourself. Out of Character (OOC) is when you are just talking or reacting to something as yourself, most notably with a different format from normal in-character speech. (Examples: // , (( , etc...)

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? (This won't affect your acceptance)

In terms of experience, I've played in multiple D&D one-shots, I'm in an active Campaign, and I'm DMing a Campaign. I also have been a part of a Pixelmon RP, which sadly died off due to a lack of players. Finally, I am a part of one of the Stoneworks projects called Kylorne, a very RP-heavy geopolitical server.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Annette De La Fontaine
Age (min 18+): 18

Appearance: Annette is a pale woman in her late teens. She has medium-length navy blue hair, which covers one eye. She sees it as progress to a new trend in the fashion and beauty industry hence why it is so different from other, more common, hairstyles. To keep the other side of her face free from the rest of her hair, she has a small hairpin that keeps it close to the side. She is reasonably thin and stands at about 5'5" with a very rectangle, leaning on the brink of an hourglass figure. She wears a knee-length black taffeta dress with a white collar form fit to perfection. Annette also wears a pair of black Mary Jane shoes with only a slight heel of about 5 centimeters. Annette can also be seen with a winter shawl traveling from place to place; it is also black with a white Furfrou fur ruff.

Personality: While looking quite elegant, Annette is a cold person who is, at most times, very blunt. She loves Pokémon with all of her heart to the point that she'll call out anyone "mistreating" Pokémon. Annette will stay to herself when walking from place to place, but when settled for a little break, she can go on and on about proper Pokémon care. She outfits her own Pokémon with any clothing she makes for them. Her Snorunt is decorated almost every week with new outfits and accessories.

Biography: She originated from Kalos, full of new trends which definitely influenced her interests. Her mother and father were simple people raising their child for greatness in the fashion industry. Annette was taught to sew at a very young age and spent most of her time understanding fabrics and learning new techniques. She always loved Pokémon and would play with the ones around her house, even making an outfit or two for a couple of them. When she reached 16, her parents decided to send her off on a journey to have Annette gain experience and inspiration for fashion. During the first year of her journey, she got lost in a snowy area a bit off from Snowbelle City. She would almost collapse in a nearby cave to wait out the snowstorm that had rolled in not too long ago. Little did she know a Snorunt would be inside the same cave. After some time to herself and eventually dozing off, she awoke to a little yellow cloak on her waist. It just so happened the little Snorunt decided to hand over its cloak to keep her warm. Not being a trainer already, she decided that this would be her chance to be one, and she soon began to sew a new cloak for the Snorunt, who was so kind as to hand theirs over. After a lot of time in that cave, they both decided to accompany each other. A couple of years pass, with the two making their way to Toro in search of many new experiences. Annette made clothing for the Snorunt, always trying out new designs, but she also would train with the Snorunt to ensure they could handle themselves if they were to run into trouble.

Flaws: Annette has a powerful superiority complex. She believes that she, and only she, knows how to take care of Pokémon properly. Because of this, she gets furious at people who neglect her ways of training Pokémon and refuses to "let people get away with it." She doesn't like being wrong and actively gets mad at people who bring it up. A big ego shines through as the world may feel her wrath.

Ambitions: Her ambitions consist of changing the world with her fashion ideas, and she also seeks to make sure people treat their Pokémon with the respect they deserve (This is all according to her very high standards, of course). While she is a trainer and is traveling most of the time, she does wish that her outfits reach both people and Pokémon alike.

Starter Pokémon: Snorunt (If it is possible, Shiny)

Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in the third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in the third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like:' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, "How can I help? "'other than 'Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC to meet this requirement.]

1. You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. "Please!" She cries out to you, "You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!" She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

<> She looks over at the crying child. She then kneels down, beginning to question the child about their situation.

"What happened to your Meowth? Did you, by chance, hurt it or scare it away? Either way, I need to know now, or you'll never get it back."

"I-I-I-" The little girl keeps sniffling, and more tears start to fall. She plops onto the ground with her hands, wiping her eyelids. "I w-was just trying t-to play with it."

Annette gives a sigh. She decides she'll help the girl but will give her a stern talking to. She grabs a Pokepuff from her bag and inches closer and closer to the Meowth. Eventually, after calming down on Meowth's part, she successfully acquires the Pokémon.

"I got them for you this time, but remember what I'm going to tell you. Never EVER harm a Pokémon. They are to be handled with the utmost care and never to be frightened. Remember to always stay in its line of sight and never do any quick movements..."

Annette goes on and on, eventually ending her berating with the now information-filled child holding her Meowth. Annette then walks away confident.

Fin. <>

2. After arriving in Toro, a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. "Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from, why you came, and where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons, of course." she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

<> She stares blankly at this overly cheerful woman. Annette is overstimulated after just arriving, but she manages a couple words.

"I... I come from Kalos. I came here because I have a chance to experience new things and influence new people. It's a lot to take in right now, and you are in the way of my recovery. Might I ask we do this another time when I'm in the mood for talk like this?"

Due to the rude nature of the response, the woman is a bit shocked but soon comes to the understanding that this girl is just a bit delirious from the trip and hopes to catch them again to get the data she has been looking for. After all, she must make those histograms of people traveling to Toro.

Fin. <>
If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to DM me on Discord! [Lacrox#1216]

- Lacrox
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”