Lilac's Application

Lilacwolf
MC name: lilacwolf12

Lilac's Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: lilacwolf12
Discord Username: lilacwolf#0439
Where did you hear about us: From my friend, Eevee.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student on a short break from my schooling, and I have a strong passion for game design and digital art (I’ve been drawing digitally since 2014 ^^). As a person, I'm kind of shy but I love talking to new people and joking around with others. I'm a positive, go-with-the-flow type of person but sometimes I can be a bit slow to understand things but with patience, I'll get there. I just recently made a trainer character and tried joining another group but they weren’t very welcoming and my friend had told me about this server so here I am! Honestly, I’m also a fan of Pokemon and really want to meet people with similar interests and hopefully make some new friends.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?
Roleplay (RP) is the act of having/making a character and using them to portray a story or scenario, most of the time with other people. Where and how this is done can sometimes vary depending on the kind of RP such as D&D or Discord RPs.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is the act of learning or knowing something out of character and applying that knowledge or unjustly gaining it in character.
(Ex. If you learn that a Character A's starter is a Charmander out of character and your character has never met them or learned that there is no way your character should know it or be able to use/act upon it.)

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Power-gaming/God-Modding is the act of making your character a god among other players, so to speak. It's typically characterized by insanely strong, unable to be defeated, characters or characters who don't take damage with no good reason other than they don't want to, or just being super strong with unavoidable attacks.
(Ex. In a fight, continuously avoiding the other character's attacks without any explanation or character ability.)

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
Retconning is the act of changing a detail, adding a detail, or having done something in character, say a scene or scenario, and later deciding that it shouldn't have been done or should be changed and either rolling it back to before it happened or pretending it didn't happen. This can also be done with characters and their characteristics depending on what needs to be changed.
(Ex. My character is a florist, if she were accepted and I retconned her because I didn’t like her being a florist, she might be given a different job and background to accommodate.)

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is the act of being in character, not breaking their persona. In short, it is when you roleplay. Out of character is when you are no longer holding up your character's facade, and are no longer roleplaying. An example would be saying something in parentheses to signal it is you, not your character, saying it.
(Ex. IC is roleplaying, OOC is not roleplaying)

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server?
I have done a lot of roleplays in my time, a lot of discord groups, (unfortunately) DeviantArt groups, briefly D&D, and one Minecraft (one-shot) Rp.

-General Character Questions-

Full Name: Cerise Dupont
Appearance: Standing at a relatively average height, Cerise is pretty thin but with a decent amount of lean muscle from her apprenticeship to make up for it. She has pale skin with red undertones that help contribute to her soft, pink, look. She sports long, ruddy pink, hair with a ponytail drawn back into a ponytail which she secures with her favorite jade hairpin. Her hair is accentuated by her violet eyes that need glasses, though she doesn’t wear her glasses often due to not enjoying them. She can be seen wearing a variety of outfits, quite enjoying a multitude of styles, but she is usually seen in a dark gray sweater with a plaid green skirt, green boots, and knee high socks.

Appearance Art: https://imgur.com/a/BGXcQGf

Personality:
There are many ways to describe Cerise, though she has changed quite a bit as a person in her years. Having been through her fair share of struggles and triumphs, Cerise has developed a soft, nurturing, personality but also a strong backbone and a firm standing in her beliefs and morals. This is likely due in part to her brief journey with her friends in Hoenn though she has mellowed out significantly since then. Cerise is a good-natured, easy-going, person who tends to always look for the positives in a situation. With her high level of patience, it is easy to get away with a lot around Cerise, however, when her boundaries are pushed and tested, she is not afraid to put her foot down and set someone straight, saying what she believes needs to be said. This can lead to her being at odds with someone which she despises with a passion, she would much rather take the role of the mediator and try to resolve problems before they get out of hand. Typically, this peacemaking behavior crumbles her resolve and results in her apologizing soon after an argument.

Ever the well-read woman, Cerise is decently intelligent, shown in her quick wits and knowledge of a variety of topics. Though relatively clever, she sometimes lacks in the decision-making department, failing to think her decisions through completely and making rash decisions then having to rely on luck to help her out of a situation. This is not at all helped by the fact that she is a forgetful person, her mind moving a mile per minute, she can often be seen with strings tied to her fingers or sticky notes in an attempt to remember something. Though when she finds a topic or something of that sort interesting, her memory retention is a lot better, she also will often go research something if she doesn’t know what it is.

By spending so much time on her own and having to take care of herself for years, Cerise has learned how to be independent and often drops what she’s doing to enjoy the quiet moments in life. When put in a crowd or public space, she quickly grows timid and nervous. If she knows someone there and is interacting with them, she tends to be fine. For the sake of politeness and social courtesy, she can and will introduce herself to people however, until she knows the person, she typically lacks her usual energetic disposition. When committed to something though, she will rarely stray from her path, putting all her efforts into achieving something; however, if she fails repeatedly at whatever it is she’s attempting she tends to overthink and doubt herself and her skills, spiraling into self-doubt and worry. It takes a bit of effort for her to get out of this mindset, but when she notices it she will force herself out of it and continue with whatever it was that she was doing.

Biography: (Long Read Ahead)
Long ago there were two trainers from Kalos who met on their Pokémon journeys, they quickly fell for each other, and had traveled far and wide to many different regions together. After they had been wed they decided to settle down and moved to Lilycove City. A few years later, Camassia and Lennox had a child which they named, Cerise. Cerise’s childhood was relatively normal and didn’t have too many major events that Cerise could recall from the top of her head. She attended school, had a supportive family, and had a decent friend group; her favorite memories from her early childhood were the weekends when she would wake up early and spend time with her parents and friends. Growing up around her parent’s Pokémon was always fun, and seeing her parents battle with them on those weekends was even more so, it sparked a passion in Cerise so strong that it fueled her ambitions for many years after the fact. It didn’t take long for her fascination with Pokémon and their strength to grow into something close to an obsession. Many late nights and early mornings were spent reading about Pokémon, strategies, and battling in general.

As time passed on, Cerise’s enthusiasm about Pokémon and the world took root and began to catch the attention of her mother who wasted no time in pointing it out to her father. At that time, they would have sworn that she would have become a researcher or professor. Amused and reminded of their younger selves by Cerise’s endearing actions, her parents started to feed into her behavior, buying her books about her favorite topic, Pokémon. Much to Camassia and Lennox’s surprise, Cerise began talking about embarking on a Pokémon adventure of her own. She began begging them to let her travel the world as they had so she could learn firsthand and befriend her own team of Pokémon. Needless to say, her parents were extremely apprehensive for a large number of reasons. Cerise was still too young in their eyes and was still in school, not to mention, she had a messy incident with a Durant nest a few months prior. When they denied her, she was devastated, even subsequently giving her parents the cold shoulder by locking herself in her room, though that was short-lived and resulted in a long apology from her.

It didn’t take long for Cerise to devise a shoddy plan to change her parent’s minds. She started small, making friends with local trainers, learning what she could from them. Around her second year in high school, she even started to bring along a few of her parent’s Pokémon, with their permission of course, to engage in battles with other locals. With her actions, she managed to make a few more friends, though these friends would never really have a long-lasting effect on her life. Already years had passed, Cerise getting closer to finishing her schooling while also entertaining the idea of, after attending college, traveling to different regions and fighting her way through the gyms, Elite four, and even the champion someday.

A few months later, on an early Saturday morning, Cerise was walking down the beach with her friend, Lori, as per usual when she felt her foot brush against something, when she leaned down to pick it up, she realized it was a fossil although she had no idea what kind. Having never seen one in person before she took it home, giddy at the discovery of her new prized possession. She showed the fossil to her parents and bragged about it to her friends for weeks and even began to carry the fossil around wherever she went as a sort of lucky charm. By this point, Cerise had all but pleaded with her parents to let her revive her fossil and after a long debate, they decided that it would be for the best if she at least finished her schooling and refused to let her, worried that she would abandon her education in favor of being a pokemon trainer. She felt hopeless, almost like she had hit a wall and couldn’t do anything to help herself and for the first time, she felt lost and unmotivated. A gloomy, dispirited, fog rolled over her for a very long time after that, she lost a lot of her motivation during this time though she continued to work through it. It took a decently long time but she did manage to get herself out of that funk though her resolve to be a trainer was never quite as strong after that.

After finishing her years in high school, Cerise was ready to enroll in college as was expected of her. She was fortunate enough to be able to stay in a dorm with Lori and her friend, June, attending the same school. The only problem was that she didn’t exactly know what she wanted to do in life and decided to just take general classes and figure it out later. It wasn’t until June and Lori convinced her to join them on a trip to Floaroma Town in Sinnoh to visit June’s parents. Upon arriving, she was left in absolute awe at the rolling fields of flowers when it had finally clicked for her and she had finally discovered a new interest, flowers. It seemed like so much effort went into that field for such a temporary beauty, at that point, it felt like a switch had flipped in her. Although she only stayed for a short time, she enjoyed every moment of it, in a way it reminded her of her seaside home and youth that she had long since forgotten about. Her interest and goals, for the first time, had shifted from being an awe-inspiring trainer and winning every battle to the smaller and more simplistic things in life that provide happiness.

When her friends and she arrived back at her dorm, she quickly called her parents and discussed her situation with them. Not long after she had changed her major and began studying floriculture and botany, working to get a bachelor's degree in floriculture which would take her about four years. Drowning herself in her studies she started to make headway, trying to make up for the time lost taking general classes, which consumed her for a few months. Now with Cerise’s birthday around the corner, June and Lori began to conspire with Cerise’s parents about what to do to surprise her. Due to how dedicated Cerise was to putting all her energy towards studying and doing well in her classes they managed to form a plan without raising so much as a smidgeon of suspicion. A couple of weeks later, they were all on an impromptu trip to Rustboro City to enjoy the sights and sounds and rendezvous with Cerise’s parents. The whole trip went well, bringing with it many happy memories that she wouldn’t trade for the world, including on the final day of the trip. Cerise, Lori, June, and her mother went to Devon Corporation, and for her birthday gift, they had her fossil revived into Lileep, which she likes to recount as one of the happiest days of her life. Though during her time in college she was too preoccupied to engage in any battles and only really used her Lileep as a companion and friend.

After that college passed by in a blur, Cerise even managed to graduate a little early. She traveled briefly with her friends around Hoenn before making the choice to travel to more regions to see more of the world and broaden her horizons. She waved her friends and parents off and embarked on the next leg of her journey.

Soon she made her way to the Sinnoh region, and a little while later she made it back to Floaroma Town. With her new education, she did something she had wanted to for a long time, apprentice under a florist. She spent about a year there though it didn’t take that long for her to truly rekindle a passion that had long since been extinguished. After her year apprenticing was up she spent the next few months traveling to a few different regions, just sightseeing and learning about the culture, floriculture, and Pokémon of said region. On her travels, she also broadened her horizons and started to pick up a variety of hobbies which she practices even to this day. Eventually, slowing down on traveling the world, she eventually came to work as a florist; however, it soon came time for her to travel once again, though this time it would be to live there instead of just visiting. She did her research on places she could move to and for a little while was stuck between Alola Region’s islands or Toro Region; however, after a lengthy debate with herself, she decided to move to the Toro Region and live there.

Flaws: Cerise is absolutely horrified by Durants. Cerise can easily become discouraged when things don’t go her way after a few attempts. Also, she has a habit of bottling up her emotions about a situation and letting it build for a while, and lashing out if the situation isn’t addressed or is ignored.

Ambitions: Cerise currently wants to start fresh and become a successful florist and later in life, she wants to own and run a Pokemon cafe.

Starter Pixelmon: Lileep

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/qOAJFWt

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

It had been a nice day for Cerise, waking up early, enjoying a quiet morning, and deciding to take a walk to really maximize her enjoyment of the day. Though nothing really goes as planned, Cerise started to realize this when a young child started to tug on her shirt almost in hysterics. Glancing over at the girl, Cerise quickly dropped down onto her knee, scraping it on the pavement but that's another story, leveling herself at the girl's height she placed a hand on her shoulder, "What's wrong, are you okay?" She asked, concern for the girl growing in the pit of her stomach. The girl quickly turned and pointed to a tree telling Cerise about her Meowth. Cerise raised an eyebrow and looked over to the tree, sure enough, a Meowth sat in one of the branches and it didn't seem to be making its way down, in fact, it seemed almost smug. Focusing her attention back on the girl she stood up and smiled, "Don't worry, I'm a professional, I can get your Meowth down with no problems." Cerise promised, though to be fair she was lying.

In all honesty, she didn't even know how to climb a tree, sure she had read books about characters who have, and seeing as she backed herself into a corner with an impulsive statement she really didn't see any other way out, if she backed out now she would let down the kid. Walking towards the tree she steeled her nerves which were going haywire by this point and wrapped her arms around the tree followed by her legs. Working her way up wasn't as hard as she thought, however, the thoughts of falling didn't do much to put her mind at ease. After a rough 8 minutes, she'd finally managed to make her way up the tree and onto the branch where the cheeky Meowth sat, less than a second after getting onto the branch the two locked eyes, Cerise scooting closer with every second. With quick hands, Cerise picked up the Meowth and could have sworn it looked about as smug as the skitty who ate the starly. Putting the meowth into her bag she looked down and clung to the tree trunk and swung herself around it to start the descent. It took a little less time than it did to get up and Cerise did have her eyes closed for most of it but she did laugh nervously when she felt her feet on the ground. It didn't take long for the girl to run to Cerise, her tears having stopped minutes ago replaced by an ear-splitting grin. The girl's Meowth jumped out of her bag and onto the ground before quickly being picked up and embraced by the girl. "Thank you, miss!" The girl said before running off, leaving Cerise to resume her morning walk… she was definitely going to have to wash the Meowth fur out of her hood.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

After checking her watch Cerise looked around, still carrying her bags from the trip. Her attention was quickly grabbed by a smiling woman, turning to face her, she watched as the woman began her spiel. Offering her a polite smile, she chuckled softly as the woman asked her about her past for 'statistical' reasons, putting the bag in her hand down by her feet. She looked down for a moment in thought, nearly zoning out, before beginning, "Well, I'm from Hoenn, Lilycove City to be specific, but I've been traveling through a few different regions since I was eighteen. I went to Floaroma town on my journey and they had really pretty flowers- this is for context by the way- and I guess I had a revelation there? Anyway, I decided to move here to become a florist… You could call it a fresh start I guess? I don't really know." She explained, rubbing the back of her neck nervously, her gaze drifting to the ground. Her attention was pulled back to the woman by her poking the clipboard with her pen, likely putting a period at the end of her sentence. The woman lowered her clipboard, still smiling, causing Cerise to return it, "Thank you so much for your time! We'll put this information to good use, have a nice time in Toro." the woman cheered and started walking off to her next target leaving Cerise to pick her bag up again and continuing on her way.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner into the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

N/A

PS: Sorry about the extensive read, I have no self-control when it comes to writing for characters. Thank you for reading though!

Return to “Accepted Applications”