Ikaro's LT application!~

ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Ikaro's LT application!~

Preferred Name: Ikaro or Bedtime, take your pick.
MC Username: Ikaro72
Time Zone: PST.
Number of hours available:
I'm usually very free, so like 8 per day? maybe more on weekends if I don't sleep in.

How long you have been playing on Toro League:
surprisingly 8 months, although I've probably been MIA for like 2.

Why do you want to join Lore Team?:
Aside from the obligatory "I wanna help out!" I would say I really enjoy making backgrounds and explanations for Pokemon and moves, adding to pre-existing lore we already have helps make everything seem like a complete story.

Researching obscure topics and writing up interpretations of them is something quite fascinating, since there are a myriad of possible explanations to them, so researching what could be the most plausible explanation within the world of Toro would be a fun experience.

Everything I have mentioned prior adds information to Pokemon one may normally not have when simply playing the games, which is essential in a roleplaying server where the common "Why?" or "How?" questions come up, and being able to help out and ease those doubts with satisfying information seems like the sort of thing I could very much help out with.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: - If you have any examples of written up lore, especially done for Toro, please put that here!
In a previous Pixelmon server, we had quests which are used to tell stories to players and help them build up quest points, which are to be used to be able to challenge a 'Legendary quest', I submitted a few quests myself and I'm pretty sure they ran one after a few minor changes to it, but most importantly there was plenty of lore (Pokedex entry interpretation) about the Pokemon included in them!

But in Toro, I have not had any similar positions, or any position at all for that matter; although, if it may add a bit of credit to my name, Although they are mostly in character, I have written some books which offer explanations for some phenomena that occur, and I myself am quite proud of them.

What can you bring to this team?:
I can spend hours researching topics and writing drafts about lore, much to the point of dissociating from my surroundings by being too absorbed in the writing. I'm very thorough when it comes to making sure the wording and plausibility of the content in a draft I'm writing is up to scratch (editing a document millions of times is my forte) and I'm quite curious when it comes to obscure and hidden topics, making me able to research even when it's just for fun.

Going back to my eagerness and obsession with thoroughly checking, I believe I could somewhat help out with the proofreading and addition of any smaller detail to the works presented by other people, if I was permitted to do so of course.

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?:
The drafts I mentioned prior usually go on for a while, I never know what to cut back so if I put my heart and soul into a document it can go on explaining the smallest of details and being thoroughly boring to read, I usually ask too many questions about any work, much to the point where I pester people about the littlest of details, and finally I also write in somewhat formal speech, as you all can probably tell from this application.

How well do you know our current Lore? :
Not to be dishonest, I have not dived deeply into lore surrounding the events in Toro that have happened prior to me joining, though I would be more than happy spend a few days slaving away at the forums to get an insightful understanding of those events.

As for lore relating to non-event items or happenings, I'd like to think I have a solid grasp on them.

-- How would you answer these questions?:

-" Can a Xatu really see the future and past? ":
"Despite being known as "The Mystic Pokemon", Xatu themselves are not mystics in the common sense, they cannot truly see the past and the future.

This ability was misunderstood by the ancient civilizations of Arenisca, where Xatu constantly stared at the sun, the sun was heavily revered in those times for being a celestial being above everything else in the sky.

Since Xatu had a strong connection to the sun, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to be the first to sense when the sun was undergoing a solar eclipse and subsequently go out to alert the surrounding area of the event, the ancient civilizations of Arenisca feared solar eclipses as it drowned out their revered celestial being.

Since the civilizations interpreted that Xatu could predict when a great calamity would, they took this as proof that they could see the past and the future and built shrines to them, praying for them to warn the civilizations of any and all calamities that would occur, and for the Xatu to not permit the civilizations to repeat the follies of old.

Aside from the misconceptions from the olden civilizations, Xatu are not to be discredited as psychic type Pokemon, they are exceedingly smart, being able to exert their high intelligence in actual prediction, however, the result of this prediction does not vary much from any other psychic type of the same caliber."

-" What does Heal Pulse do on a trainer? ":
"Heal pulse, when used on a trainer, makes said trainer feel a bit tired, their smaller wounds heal near instantly and larger ones would show much faster rate of healing and make the trainer feel as if their stamina were used up, however, this is only a surface level analysis.

What happens in actuality is that the heal pulse used contains psychic, healing energy, which then affects the trainer; the heal pulse 'Supercharges' the red and white blood cells, either helping in making them more effective, or making the body produce a very large quantity of the cells, despite the truth being uncertain, the end result is unchanging, it drains the recipient's stamina to achieve this sort of 'Supercharge'.

The same applies to bone cells when bones are damaged, however, when it is used in emergencies to speed up the healing of bones it is of utmost importance that the bone is properly set in, as it only speeds up the regrowth, if not properly set in, the bone would continue to grow into, or out of, the body, sometimes requiring more medical assistance than what would have been necessary to deal with the initial bone fracture.

The final caveat to this faster healing would be that prolonged exposure to this move and other types of healing moves can, and most likely will, cause cancer, this is the reason hospitals do not employ the use of healing moves; for more information regarding healing moves and their side effects, consider reading up on this lore post: http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 118&t=3997"

-" I'm just curious, but can Type: Null use the axe on it's helmet to chop a tree? ":

"It would be unknown, due to the fact that Type: Null does not exist in Toro at the moment and therefore you should not reference it or any of its type-memories or its evolution Silvally, when roleplaying.

However if one were to exist, the helmet of the Pokemon would be durable and dense enough to withstand the force received when executing a chop, the Pokemon itself would be strong enough to take the swings and receive them with minimal damage to itself; however the shape of the helmet itself makes this difficult, nonetheless it would still possible through determination and tricky maneuvering."

Anything else we need to know? :
I'm bilingual, so I can speak fluent Spanish and English, both at the same level, so if that's ever needed I would be glad to help, aside from that, ask me about anything I've written here! I also have plenty of real world trivia from 12am Wikipedia dives!
Last edited by ikaro72 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Ikaro's LT application!~

Hello and howdy! Thank you for applying, and the patience in regards to your app's status. This all has been quite the tough choice for us! I can really tell you enjoy this sort of work and world building, and I am SO for it! Your app is really well detailed, and well answered, the additional info being fun reads, the Heal Pulse one especially being quite thorough. Ultimately in the end we've really needed someone who has been around longer, and knows the already established rules of Toro more - our own lore, history, how we've done things in events, if that makes sense?

I want to encourage your love and skills though! Please feel free to submit lore to us any time though! I do love worldbuilding and subtle, but meaningful details in this world. - If you have any questions about this decision, feel free to ask. Thank you for applying and understanding though!
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Ikaro's LT application!~

Totally understood! Thank you and all the Lore Team for giving us a chance to apply to the sacred halls of knowledge. (lol)
If the opportunity comes up later on when I've been on the server for an agreeable amount of time I'll try my best then as well!

Also, congratulate Stow and Azure on my behalf, although I'll probably congratulate them on my own.
Until then! Thank you Lore Team!

Return to “Inactive Applications”